Philips Fidelio S1 and S2 - New IEMs with semi-closed back
Aug 31, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #316 of 367
I've seen that there are some different colors.  For the S2, I've normally just seen Black and White, but there also seems to be a Light Blue and a Black and Copper version.  For the S1, I saw there was a Blue.  The S2 in Black/Copper really looks good. I wish it were more readily available via a site like amazon.

I really can't figure Philips out.  They have these awesome headphones, but they're damn near impossible to find in the US. 

Dec 4, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #317 of 367
Hey I recently got these for a good deal on amazon, and I found a good seal yesterday, but today I am noticing maybe some distortion when there is a lot of treble?(cymbals and "s" sounds in some songs)

Is this normal? I like them when this doesn't happen.

Dec 5, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #318 of 367
  Hey I recently got these for a good deal on amazon, and I found a good seal yesterday, but today I am noticing maybe some distortion when there is a lot of treble?(cymbals and "s" sounds in some songs)

Is this normal? I like them when this doesn't happen.

I had the same problem and after few months they finally started sounding normal but then I had to replace it (for other reason) and the new ones sound good from the beginning without these annoying "tss" sounds.

Jan 7, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #319 of 367
Does anyone know where to buy replacement stock tips for the Fidelio S2?

Jan 7, 2015 at 5:59 PM Post #320 of 367
Does anyone know where to buy replacement stock tips for the Fidelio S2?

Lunashop got some wide bore tips that very very similar......

Mar 8, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #322 of 367
Anyone know why the S2 has dropped from $150 to $90 on amazon? (directly from amazon, not a marketplace seller)
I think at that price I will have to try them.  
Also why am i seeing two different model numbers, philips website says S2BK/00 and amazon only has a S2BK/28?

Mar 12, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #324 of 367
The /00 and /28 are region codes.  /28 I think is the US or North America.
Ahh that makes sense,as it seemed to have all the same accessories and everything.

I ordered my pair last Sunday, with the free shipping. Amazon has still not finished "preparing the order" yet. If you need them fast I would not recommend their free shipping. This seems like an obvious ruse to incite more people to pay for shipping or a prime membership. Ive been buying on amazon since they started and normally they would ship things out maybe the second day and just send a slower priority service, but now they are delaying up to 4 days before even processing the order.

Wouldn't mind sharing my impressions on these sometime although I'm fairly positive I picked the right phones for my taste and needs.

Mar 15, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #325 of 367
I just received mine today.  I wanted something different than my Klipsch x10s and Grado iGis for my trip this week.  I'm burning them in with my XLO Reference Recordings System Burn-In Track.  I have listened to them out of the box and after 3 Hours of Burn-In.  Initial impressions...

1.  They are very well packaged and are presented in a "premium" fashion in terms of Packaging and Accessories.  Solid Case, lots of Tips, etc.
2.  I tried the original Tips plus both Comply's (Complies?).  The Comply Medium Comfort TS Series are too large for my ears.  The Comply Active Tip fits well but they feel very coarse (like I placed a Brillo Pad in my ear).  The Stock Tips are a little loose.  I will most likely try the Medium + Tips next.  Overall they are comfortable and rest well facing down against my bottom Inner Lobe (similar to the Audiofly af56's I gave to my Son's friend).  I do not like to loop the cord over my ear (which is why I purchased these over the Vsonic GR07BEs).
3.  No Micro-phonics and the cord looks like a Leather Shoe Lace from an old pair of Timberland's on one side.  I think that's a good thing.
4.  They look very "Retro"; like a Grado.  I was concerned with the Gold accents but they look very polished and not ostentatious.  Conservative Retro.
5.  Sound?  I will comment after I have them Burned-In and have logged some miles on them so to speak.  That being said, I really like what I've head from them thus far.  I will be leaving the Klipsch and Grado at home.

...more to come.

Mar 18, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #326 of 367
Mine finally arrived today, interesting that I had the opposite experience with the ear tips.  The stock mendium ones were big enough that I couldn't get it to firmly stay in the ear canal and would slide out, and that made it so that I couldn't get the bud to sit within my ear at all.  I ended up switching down to the small, and then the extra small.  It doesn't feel loose, and I haven't tried jogging with it.  I think I will try to go with X-small until I have problems with it falling out.  It just seems much easier to not "feel" them pressing into my ears that way.  Fit aside, I think they sound pretty good.
I was having some of the crackle sounds that people had mentioned in previous threads, but haven't noticed it much the last half hour or so.  These may require some actual break in time.  It could also have been just moving the cable around or the connector.  
I will not try describing the sound since I have a hard time even finding what I prefer yet from adjusting the equalizer.  It is a very clean sound though, and I am fairly happy with it.  I think the best part of the product is the craftmanship, the presentation, and all the extra goodies included.   These were what really sealed the deal for me.  The little travel case will help extend the life on these I am sure just by preventing cable bending and tangles when traveling.  The single button on the mic also works great to answer, end, or dial on the phone.  I would definitely buy them again, great value for the price.

Mar 30, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #328 of 367
Well, it is nothing against this product specifically, but I have found IEMs to be a bit annoying for gym use. They isolate sound well, but the fitment has been iffy. I went up to the small because the x'smalls would fall out. The small fits better but still I get annoyed when I have to feel those buds inside my ears. I am probably spoiled from my DT880 because the small iem soundstage makes it hard to enjoy the music. My opinions may not mean much if I have somehow got the fitment wrong and I dont know what to expect of soundstage from any other iem brands. I imagine they are all similar. I think this is more about Me not liking the feel of IEMs. I still think they are a great product but may have the wrong ideas on what IEMs are capable of. I will keep giving it a try until i either get used to it or sell them for some portable headphones.

Mar 30, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #329 of 367
Short story they are going back.  Whatever improvement in openness and sound stage cannot overcome their aggressive Treble and recessed Mids.  They sealed well enough but as they are "open" HPs I could hear every mouse fart in my house while listening to them.  Disappointed.  Burned them in for 50+ Hours before doing any "critical" listening.
They are comfortable and stylish.  I got used to the Comply Tips.  I was expecting "special" and IMO they are simply "decent".  

Apr 13, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #330 of 367
So I've found that the small buds seem to come out rather easily from my ears now.  Went back to the medium size and they were harder to get in, but gave a better seal and more bass.  I have a hard time keeping the left one from slowly sliding out, though.  After 30-60 seconds, the earbud tends to push itself out of my ear.  Are there any solutions for this?  I tried the foam ones which worked a little better because there is some friction from their sponge like surface that helps keep them in.  The smoothe plastic ones just slide out over time though.  I have to readjust them every minute or so which becomes very annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back