Philips Fidelio S1 and S2 - New IEMs with semi-closed back
Jul 10, 2013 at 10:03 PM Post #196 of 367
I have my S2 for close to 3 weeks now and have to say that it's truly a very versatile iem with it's balance and neutral sound sig. I had always thought that neutral would somehow sounds boring but the S2 have practically changed my perception as it's got me toe tapping and head nodding with it's musicality. And it's also quite forgiving with low bitrate files and make those tune listenable but really soars with good quality lossless file.

It's big dished shaped housing didn't cause me much discomfort even though I have small ears canal as it sits nicely on the outer ear with an angled shallow fit. IMHO and generay speaking, as long as you have no fit issues with the Monoprice or CKS90/1000, the S1/2 will fit well.

@Nulliverse, really looking forward to your comparison of the S1or S2 and the RE400.

Jul 10, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #197 of 367
Don't know if you guys know but I also own the X1. If you guys want to supersize the sound that is coming out of your S1/S2 I highly recommend looking into the Fidelio X1..Love having my S2 on the go and my X1 at home..

Jul 11, 2013 at 3:51 AM Post #198 of 367
Quote:
I have my S2 for close to 3 weeks now and have to say that it's truly a very versatile iem with it's balance and neutral sound sig. I had always thought that neutral would somehow sounds boring but the S2 have practically changed my perception as it's got me toe tapping and head nodding with it's musicality. And it's also quite forgiving with low bitrate files and make those tune listenable but really soars with good quality lossless file.

It's big dished shaped housing didn't cause me much discomfort even though I have small ears canal as it sits nicely on the outer ear with an angled shallow fit. IMHO and generay speaking, as long as you have no fit issues with the Monoprice or CKS90/1000, the S1/2 will fit well.

@Nulliverse, really looking forward to your comparison of the S1or S2 and the RE400.

Glad you're enjoying them Leo888! The good news is I repaired my iMod, so the S2 and RE400 will certainly be in my ears in the coming days. I also really wanted to compare a B2 / DBA-02, but couldn't loan one... however, I did manage to pick up the CK10 cheap. Really looking forward to comparing the treble.

Jul 11, 2013 at 5:09 AM Post #200 of 367
Quote:
I'm looking forward to doing a GR07/S1 comparison. Hope they're not TOO similar...

Awaiting eagerly Quatertone! Maybe throw the DBA-02 MkII in there, too 
size]

From what I remember, the GR07s have slightly warmer in mids, topped with slightly harsher highs. Good be wrong though.

Jul 11, 2013 at 5:42 AM Post #201 of 367
I'm looking forward to doing a GR07/S1 comparison. Hope they're not TOO similar...

Awaiting eagerly Quatertone! Maybe throw the DBA-02 MkII in there, too 
size]

From what I remember, the GR07s have slightly warmer in mids, topped with slightly harsher highs. Good be wrong though.

Looking forward to the comparisons quartertone and Nulliverse.

Jul 19, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #204 of 367
Still nothing... I even contacted Amazon and they said they would refer it to the catalog people. I don't get why their sites in Europe and Canada have these... but not the US
frown.gif

Jul 22, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #205 of 367
Jul 24, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #207 of 367
I am interested in getting the S1 or S2 but I have been looking everywhere and was wondering how does the single button remote work in terms of controlling the volume. The amazon page says that there is volume control on the remote but I don't understand how can you control the volume with just one button as well as working to control play/pause/call/end. 

Thanks

Jul 27, 2013 at 3:16 AM Post #210 of 367
I have just placed an order at Amazon.jp for this. Looking forward to hearing what all the hype is about. Da nuts - you know what I'm talking about?
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back