Philips Fidelio L2
Feb 2, 2017 at 3:15 AM Post #916 of 1,146
Okay, just got my hands on a pair of these. Wow are they the real deal! Bravo to everyone who got one from the recent holiday sale. A true steal!

Feb 14, 2017 at 11:43 PM Post #917 of 1,146
Bought some of these end of last month and they finally rocked up today in Australia. Build quality is great,sound awesome using it with a fiio q1. Although I dont really have anything to compare them to as its my first decent pair of headphones ive ever bought over $100

Feb 15, 2017 at 4:20 AM Post #919 of 1,146
I like bass and I thought they had plenty,I listen to rock and alot of violin/cello and after trying out sennheisers I always found them lacking with rock. The pads can be swapped for some hm5 pads its just a bit more difficult than others. I picked my pair up for $105usd which worked out at $145 aus roughly, only place I have found in Australia selling them wanted $350 so im happy.

Feb 15, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #921 of 1,146
Hey guys, I have my Fidelio L2 for about a year and they are great! I have just one problem with him, the earpads started to peel and I want to know if someone tried to replace then. I know the pads aren't removable (in a traditional way), but I don't know if someone here already made this change.

I have another question too. Does the sound can change with this problem? I really don't want to switch my Fidelio L2 right now.

EDIT: found the answer in page 60. :)

Feb 16, 2017 at 4:46 AM Post #922 of 1,146
  Hey guys, I have my Fidelio L2 for about a year and they are great! I have just one problem with him, the earpads started to peel and I want to know if someone tried to replace then. I know the pads aren't removable (in a traditional way), but I don't know if someone here already made this change.

I have another question too. Does the sound can change with this problem? I really don't want to switch my Fidelio L2 right now.

EDIT: found the answer in page 60. :)

That's actually only half of the story. There's a fairly loose EVA ring that the cushion wraps around. The guy on page 60 didn't bother to make it look good, but you can push the leather in between that EVA ring and the plastic housing. I used to do it with the non sharp edge of a pair of tweezers.

Feb 17, 2017 at 2:50 AM Post #923 of 1,146
Hi all

any idea if Philips is going to release new flagship or did they quit ?

cheers 

Feb 17, 2017 at 5:54 AM Post #924 of 1,146
I would think highly unlikely as Gibson now hold the Phillips Fidelio licence. And last year had their credit rating downgraded,cant imagine R&D is being poured into that line. Would be great if that were to happen though

Feb 17, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #925 of 1,146
I would think highly unlikely as Gibson now hold the Phillips Fidelio licence. And last year had their credit rating downgraded,cant imagine R&D is being poured into that line. Would be great if that were to happen though

that is a pity thing

always thought L2 had a potential to be best headphone under 1k, with a little improvement here and there, so was hoping next one in line would be that "perfect" one

cheers

Feb 18, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #926 of 1,146
Not sure what kind of corrosive sweat you guys have, but just for the record, my L2 pads still look and feel great after like two years
biggrin.gif
. Actually  the whole headphone is looking surprisingly good considering the distances it has travelled and the **** it has been through. I've had to re-tighten the tiny screws at the end of the headband once because they were starting to become a bit loose, and the edge of the headband where it always rests on the table if I lay them down is starting to show some signs of wear, but other than that... Still really happy with them.

Feb 19, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #927 of 1,146

that is a pity thing

always thought L2 had a potential to be best headphone under 1k, with a little improvement here and there, so was hoping next one in line would be that "perfect" one

cheers

I think the L2 is already a very good headphone in its class and for 100 I would say the best. For Philips to make a better headphone (with low impedance) they would have to make a different headphone, maybe planar, maybe beryllium drivers (or some other fancy material).

Feb 19, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #928 of 1,146

I think the L2 is already a very good headphone in its class and for 100 I would say the best. For Philips to make a better headphone (with low impedance) they would have to make a different headphone, maybe planar, maybe beryllium drivers (or some other fancy material).

I do agree with most of your points, except I did not mean 100 but 1000 $ (1K) 

Feb 20, 2017 at 1:04 AM Post #930 of 1,146

I know what you meant but I don't think Philips should go to 1000.

The current price for the L2 is a good bargain and affordable for much more people.

hmm, but I did not mean that Philips should go to 1000 either :)

what I meant is that I was simply hoping that Philips could release next flagship still with L2 ' s MSRP or a bit higher , but with sound quality that could beat every headphone under 1K, as L2 already proved that it is a possible thing  with some small improvements here and there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back