Philips Fidelio L2
Nov 29, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #902 of 1,146
  @FlacFan Thanks! that helps a lot actually.
How is the sound? I suppose it would open up the soundstage a bit at the expense of some bass. Sorry for all the questions; you're the first one I know who has done this.

My ears are not the very best anymore, so take this with a grain of salt....

The Brainwavz pads are a bit thicker, a bit softer and the inner diameter is larger than stock, which means the drivers are a bit further away from your eardrums. To me there is very little difference at low frequencies. the mids and highs appear to be a bit "further away", but not really muddy or recessed. I actually increased volume a notch or two to compensate.

The biggest thing to me is that I had to put the L2 with stock pads down every hour or two, because my ears were hurting. Wearing glasses makes it worse, but I have no choice really.

With the Brainwavz pads all those issues go away. Two and even three hours - no problem.

So there you have it, but as always Y(ear)MMV....

Cheers

Dec 10, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #904 of 1,146

My ears are not the very best anymore, so take this with a grain of salt....

The Brainwavz pads are a bit thicker, a bit softer and the inner diameter is larger than stock, which means the drivers are a bit further away from your eardrums. To me there is very little difference at low frequencies. the mids and highs appear to be a bit "further away", but not really muddy or recessed. I actually increased volume a notch or two to compensate.

The biggest thing to me is that I had to put the L2 with stock pads down every hour or two, because my ears were hurting. Wearing glasses makes it worse, but I have no choice really.

With the Brainwavz pads all those issues go away. Two and even three hours - no problem.

So there you have it, but as always Y(ear)MMV....

Cheers

If I'm understanding well, is it possible to replace stock pads??!?!

I'm considering buy portable headphones, and I like this so much, but also momentum m2 and sony mdr-1ra. What would you do?

Thanks!!

Dec 11, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #905 of 1,146

I'm considering buy portable headphones, and I like this so much, but also momentum m2 and sony mdr-1ra. What would you do?

Thanks!!

All you have to do is going back ONE page and read post #900...it ain't that hard.....

Cannot speak to the Momentum nor the Sony.

Cheers.

Dec 12, 2016 at 7:20 AM Post #907 of 1,146

Thanks!!

Before I bought my L2s I was considering the same options. Momentum was more expensive; the soundsignature was more closed-back - i.e. bass slightly more solid but more closed-in sounding especially in the highs - with for me less pleasant timbre. The sony was too dark in general. That being said, they're all great headphones in their own category, so it's a matter of budget and preference.

Dec 29, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #908 of 1,146
Does anybody have a nice case to use with the L2? These are the nicest headphones I've got that I actually take out of the house. I don't like the idea of throwing them into my backpack without protection, and the bag that comes with them are pretty unsubstantial. 

Dec 29, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #909 of 1,146
Does anybody have a nice case to use with the L2? These are the nicest headphones I've got that I actually take out of the house. I don't like the idea of throwing them into my backpack without protection, and the bag that comes with them are pretty unsubstantial. 

I just ordered one of these https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016KV79X8/

Jan 11, 2017 at 8:30 PM Post #911 of 1,146
Hey everyone, I just created an account to thank everyone for the discussion in this thread.
biggrin.gif

I really found a lot of useful info about the L2 and I've been very impressed with them since I got them last year.  Then finding out the ear pads were replaceable (and replacing them) really took my satisfaction and comfort to another level.  Thanks a ton for sharing!  I may even eventually try out a silver cable at some point!  Thanks again and Cheers! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 15, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #913 of 1,146
  L2 is on sale for $99.00 right now. I couldn't pass on it. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WTQDV5E/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1WAJHEZVYERHM&coliid=I1YFPGYH65NVIE

If anyone picked one of these up during this sale and are interested in selling, please do check my wanted classified (in signature below) and send me a pm. Thanks.

Jan 15, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #915 of 1,146
gah... i kinda regret not buying these when on sale before xmas.. they are quite nice.

Yeah, I keep kicking myself for it. Funds were just too tight for me during the holidays. :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back