Philadelphia Meet: March 13, 2004 It's on!
Jan 23, 2004 at 5:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 97

Canman

Headphoneus Supremus
The Philly folks are getting it together for perhaps the first Philadelphia meet ever.

Date: Saturday, March 13, 2004

Time: 1:00PM

Location: sbulack's home in Squirrel Hill section of west Philly.

Steve has kindly offered the use of his home for our meet on the 13th. It's going to be a lot of fun and there will be a lot of equipment there. You don't have to bring anything to come, but of course the more everyone brings the better!

We will be mailing out directions about a week before the meet, but if anyone has any trouble getting to Steve's house from the train station, etc., we can find a way to help you out.

Please respond to this thread if you are coming and let us know if you are going to be there!

My equipment:
Sources:
Wadia 301 CD player, Pioneer DV-414 DVD player, Nomad Zen, Sony D-303, D-321, D-E805 portables.

Amp:
zzz built KGSS, Singlepower PPX3, Headroom Total Airhead, Meta MINT (if I can get it working by then)

Headphones:
Stax Omega 2, Grado SR225, Grado SR-60

Cables:
Cardas Neutral Reference, MIT T2, Homemade Mogami, PS Audio Prelude power cord

Lots of music, good people, and maybe some food too

Jan 23, 2004 at 5:25 PM Post #2 of 97
Sounds good!

Barring a calamity in the lab, I will be there. At this stage, I will be able to bring the following.

Sony MDR-7506
Koss KSC-35
Grado SR-60 (Comfy and Senn Pads)

Sharp MDMT99 MDR

Possibly a new source - if finances permit
wink.gif

Jan 24, 2004 at 1:29 AM Post #3 of 97
I'll be there. My signature is my rig. All of my music rig will be there, PLUS my Grado SR60's (bowl pads) PLUS my Senn MX400's (Radio Shack Foamies).

If you're going to be bringing equipment that needs to be plugged in, the more folks that bring plug strips, the better. I only have two.

Jan 24, 2004 at 9:04 PM Post #6 of 97
HI: I only will have the senn. 595 and super mini amp.V6.2D. I have the shure E3c but how can we use them? Would alcohol and swabs work?
PS
Where is this place? I live in south phila and never heard of it. LOL. Could you pm me directions? 215-271-8312
PS
I would like to help out a little. If any one needs a ride to the meet and don't live to far from south phila pm or call me. Thank you.

Jan 24, 2004 at 11:49 PM Post #7 of 97
I might be able to stick a couple of headphones and amps in the car and head on up. I'll be there if I possibly can!

Jan 25, 2004 at 2:50 AM Post #8 of 97
Generally speaking, the Philly meet is about 10 blocks West of the University of Pennsylvania campus, about 30 - 35 blocks West of City Hall. The address and specific directions to the meet will be sent out to definite participants about a week before the meet.
So, if you're IN, make your intentions clear on this thread so that you will receive directions. I met briefly with Canman today at the meet site, and this meet's gonna be fun!!!

Jan 27, 2004 at 6:59 AM Post #10 of 97
id really like to go but im not sure if i can make it yet. but if you happen send out some PMs with more info, send it my way as well =]

if i can make it ill bring the things in my sig + my sony mdr-cd580s

Jan 28, 2004 at 12:18 AM Post #11 of 97
I'm out of this forum for a long time. Recently back to headphone listening again. If schedule allows, I will be in with a custom-made 2A3 headphone amp (much better than RKV II I used to have) and a HD600.

Jan 29, 2004 at 9:35 PM Post #12 of 97
Hey all,

I live about 15 minutes from west philly (near the art museum) and this thread caught my interest. Never really did one of these "get together" things. Could somebody please clue me in on what to expect other than a lot of drooling
biggrin.gif

I've right now got Senn Hd-650 with 20' cardas, a meyer audio cross-1 crossfeed filter, and I ordered the stealth which will arrive whenever Ray finishes the "presale batch." I don't know if I'll be able to bring the stealth, but if I can, I think it could be cool.

Oh and I guess I am wondering if I am even welcome/invited?

Cheers,
-Silby

Jan 30, 2004 at 12:29 AM Post #13 of 97
All Head-Fiers are invited and welcome. Head-Fiers bring equipment to the meeting, and we all enjoy meeting each other and each other's equipment. This way, we can actually TALK to other people who share our interest in Head-Fi, and broaden our equipment experience without putting our wallets or credit card lines at their limits. There will be some folks worth meeting and some equipment worth auditioning at this meet. You'll want to arrange your schedule so that you CAN make it, being invited and welcome and all.

Jan 30, 2004 at 12:47 AM Post #14 of 97
Quote:

Originally posted by sbulack
All Head-Fiers are invited and welcome. Head-Fiers bring equipment to the meeting, and we all enjoy meeting each other and each other's equipment. This way, we can actually TALK to other people who share our interest in Head-Fi, and broaden our equipment experience without putting our wallets or credit card lines at their limits. There will be some folks worth meeting and some equipment worth auditioning at this meet. You'll want to arrange your schedule so that you CAN make it, being invited and welcome and all.

cool, consider me interested
600smile.gif
looking forward to more details (directions, etc.)

BTW, my name's Aaron

cheers,
Silby

Users who are viewing this thread

Back