Philadelphia Meet: March 13, 2004 It's on!
Feb 10, 2004 at 8:43 PM Post #16 of 97
I'd love to come!

I'll bring the gear in my sig.
biggrin.gif

Feb 10, 2004 at 11:10 PM Post #17 of 97
I may be in the Philly area (coincidentally) (great!) that weekend due to family-related business. Thus there is a good chance I can stop by for a while.

CD/J

Feb 11, 2004 at 10:58 PM Post #18 of 97
You are Welcome (and your equipment, too)! As is any Head-Fier who posts here with a good faith intent on attending. The events of the world are run by those who show up. And the equipment and conversations at this meet will be enjoyed by those who show up as well! The trick is to be part of the enjoyment. Head-Fiers and their associates welcome!

Feb 11, 2004 at 11:02 PM Post #19 of 97
Dimitri, I've been interested in the Sony CDP you have - what's your opinion of it? (BTW, I can't wait to hear my system through a real source!!)
Thanks!

Feb 12, 2004 at 7:27 AM Post #20 of 97
Man, the first time I ever even click on the meeting forum only to find that a Philly meet is fast approaching. Makes me wish I had spent the last four months posting instead of lurking!

Feb 12, 2004 at 7:37 PM Post #21 of 97
gradofan,

First, and unfortunately, I may not be able to get there after all. I was really looking forward to my first meet!

I think my source is wonderful. Its cheap, sacd sounds awesome, cd sounds pretty good. But frankly, I'm probably the least credible person to ask about this, as I've never heard another source through headphones. Do a search--youll find tons of talk on the ns500v.

I'll certainly bring it if I come--you can judge for yourself.

smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 13, 2004 at 1:45 AM Post #24 of 97
canman, very good chance i will be there. i hope you get the new amp for your stax. hopefully i can hook a ride with another marylander. any marylanders out there looking for a rider or a ride? let me know.

Feb 13, 2004 at 6:41 AM Post #25 of 97
I am 90% sure I can make it.

I'll bring however much of my gear I can fit in a backpack.

Do you have facilities for bicycles? I'll probably ride to the train station and take the train to Philly then bike to the meet (faster than driving
tongue.gif
)

I look foreward to meeting you all!

Feb 13, 2004 at 6:55 AM Post #26 of 97
Man, you guys had to have a meet in Philly exactly one week before my spring vacation back east begins. Story of my life.

Feb 15, 2004 at 11:55 PM Post #27 of 97
I'd like to attend. Shouldn't be a problem, unless that is the weekend of the Le Festival Son et Image
de Montréal. I'll find out this week when the Montreal show is and then I'll know for sure.

If I can make it I'll bring my K-1000 & MG Head OTL 32 setup.

It sounds like a great excuse to visit my Mother who lives in (wait for it) west Philadelphia

Feb 17, 2004 at 3:43 AM Post #29 of 97
Meet Facility for Bicycles? Other Meet Facility Info Needed?

There is a spacious front AND back porch, each with a sturdy rail to which bicycles may be chained and locked (BYOC&L). For really expensive bicycles, they may be carried (by their owners) up a flight of stairs or two and stored indoors on the second and third floors, first come, first served.

Any additional facility details needed to satisfy individual needs available upon request.

Feb 19, 2004 at 8:54 PM Post #30 of 97
Philly Head-Fi Meet Give-Away

Great news for Philly Head-Fi meet attendees!!! Larry at headphile.com wants to show his appreciation to Head-Fiers and make this already exciting meet a little more so. He has donated one cable to be given away FREE at this meet! It's an SSS-410 1.0 meter Standard Series Silver Mini to RCA (normally sells for $45). To be eligible to win the cable, you must be present at the meet at the time of the drawing for the cable. Free stuff is always fun! Thanks, Larry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back