Philadelphia Area Meet, January 29, 2017 - NO Football that weekend!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 17, 2017 at 7:39 AM Post #76 of 147
Agree with the above... At least done of the headphones you mentioned should be there to listen to (the closest I have is an X1...had a 650, but sold it). Come and check it out.

Jan 17, 2017 at 8:22 PM Post #77 of 147
Lee, Ok I Pm'd you a while back but making it official here.
I can bring my modded Audio-gd NFB-28 and Anedio D-2, and PWT transport. And Sennheiser HD-580 phones..
But can't get there until after 1pm.

Jan 17, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #78 of 147
  Hey I am about an hour away from where this meet is taking place. I am currently in the market for headphones in the 200-400 dollar price range. I currently have my eye on headphones such as Sennheiser HD650's/600's, Phillips Fidelio X2, Master and Dynamic MH40's, Sennheiser Momentum 2.0's, and possibly some of the lower end ZMF's. This would be my first meet and I'm trying to figure out what to expect. I'm interested in testing out some gear, so I can make a better decision on my purchase. Is it commonplace for people that bring gear to allow people to listen to their own tracks from their phone? I've watched Z Reviews' video of last years meet and I was wondering how approachable everybody is with their gear because I would not be bringing any gear and will only be going to demo what other people bring. I'm wondering if that will be an issue. I'm 17 and this is my first meet, so I'm wondering if it would be worth it for me to take the trip out there. If anyone who was at last year's meet, or any other Head-Fi meet, could chime in and give me an idea of what to expect, that would be great. Thanks.

I forgot that I have a pair of Momentum 2's (Over ear) that I'll bring too.

Jan 18, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #80 of 147
  Anyone in the Philly area have a Noble K10, 64Audio u18, or Layla? I'm dying to hear these. 

On the first page it says

blackwold1006 Woo Audio WA8, AK380AMP, PICO DAC amp, AK380, AK240, HD800, LCD-XC, JH Layla, Noble K10, SE846, Weston W4r

Jan 19, 2017 at 9:54 PM Post #82 of 147
Ok folks...that's it for set up space. Anyone can attend, but no more rigs beyond what's listed on the first page.

Can't wait to see everyone!

Jan 19, 2017 at 9:57 PM Post #83 of 147
For those who have asked how this while thing works...

People who are setting up gear, get there a little early if you can...space if first come first choose, so the best spots go quickly.

BRING EXTRA POWER STRIPS AND EXTENTION CORDS. You can never have too many and someone will forget one and be in need of borrowing.

Don't sprawl out all over the tabe...keep it tight...lots of people need to set up.

Bring a source! iPod, computer, CD Player, turntable, whatever.

Label your gear! Lots of people may have the same cans or amps.

It's nice to make up a paper listing exactly what you're showing so others don't have to ask and you'll have more freedom to wander.

While I've never been to a meet where something was stolen, I'd rather not have my meet be the first. So be aware of your setup or ask the person next to you to keep an eye on it when you go listening or to the bathroom.

Did I mention to bring extra power strips?

Those of you who are coming to listen...

We're thrilled to have you! The head-Fi community is exceptionally welcoming and willing to share. We love showing off our gear and the sound we have achieved.

We do ask that you be courteous:

-NEVER unplug headphones with the volume up or the source playing.

-many of the top headphones are open back...that means we all hear your conversations while we're listening. Remember to use your 'inside voices'

-Take a shower that morning and wash your ears...you're going to be trying on other people's headphones and others will be wearing yours...it's just commen sense and courtesy.

-bring your favorite music on your portable audio player...but please ASK the owner of the rig to which you would like to jack in to help you make the connection rather than just unplugging their current source without asking.

Then just have fun and enjoy the company and the sound!!

Jan 20, 2017 at 12:06 AM Post #84 of 147
I just heard about this and would like to come with a friend. I can bring
Schiit Lyr2, Geek Pulse XFi, Sennheiser HD700, Hifiman HE-400i, Oppo PM-3.
Would really like some table space if I'm bringing the lyr and pulse. 

Edit: just saw the "that's it for space" type post. Guess I'll just bring my HD-700 to try on different amps and such. So this means I'll need to use a DAP for all my music, then?

Jan 20, 2017 at 6:36 AM Post #85 of 147

Edit: just saw the "that's it for space" type post. Guess I'll just bring my HD-700 to try on different amps and such. So this means I'll need to use a DAP for all my music, then?

That's a shame, I'd really like to hear the Geek Pulse Xfi...

Jan 20, 2017 at 10:01 AM Post #86 of 147

Bring a flash drive and a couple cds as well.

Jan 20, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #87 of 147
Power strips and extension cords. I am truly laughing as I was just thinking of this the second I clicked this thread. I'll have 3 power strips, 2 extension cords (one has 4 outlets). I only need one strip, so I have extra if a few people don't have or forget their's. I will also have a folding table I'll leave in the car, but if needed it can be grabbed. 

If anyone would like to try my LG V10 or V20, bring a microSD card with music on it. I am sure a lot of us have these on their phones or DAPs, but just wanted to throw it out there. If you are not aware of the V series phones, one of the biggest features is the HiFi DAC and powerful amp section. I can drive pretty much any headphone I have, and it sounds really good. I have Poweramp (Full) installed on both, and also have streaming services like I Heart Radio, Amazon Music, Tune in Radio (Over the air FM), Radio.com. Having an all in one device is great, and with swap-able batteries you can listen all day long. I am a huge Philly sports fan, being able to listen to over the air FM is huge for listening to games.  

I am really excited to meet everyone, and talk audio with fellow audioholics! I am sure I am going to learn a ton, and hopefully I can help others discover something new as well. 

Jan 20, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #88 of 147
Leesure, what time are you going to get there? I am in to give you a hand at whatever time you need help. I have no idea how much work this takes to get setup, but I want to make it easy and fun for you. Then you'll do more of these! 

Jan 20, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #90 of 147
These just arrived and should be coming with me to the meet (ZMF Eikon w/ Padauk cups):

Been curious about these, hoping to get a set to review one of these days. As usual, they're BEAUTIFUL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back