Philadelphia Area Meet, January 29, 2017 - NO Football that weekend!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 29, 2016 at 6:31 PM Post #46 of 147
I
Lee, do you have wifi available? I'm trying to figure out what to bring to provide content and one option is using an iPad w/MonkeyMote as a controller for an Intel NUC running foobar2000 (used in my setup already) I can bring my own wifi setup if needed.

Will give you a rundown of gear shortly. Definitely will be bringing an LCD-3F and Grado PS1000. Probably 2016 EL-8Cs as well.

I have robust wifi!

Dec 29, 2016 at 6:32 PM Post #47 of 147
I'll talk to the wife about whether I can come or not. Hopefully have my zmf eikon by then. Also MIGHT have an ampsandsound Kenzie to bring. B&w P7

Looking forward to seeing you. I also have a Kenzie already at the studio. No need to pack it up unless you want to.

Dec 29, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #48 of 147
I'll be there for sure. Looking forward to getting there on time this time around. Looks like everything I will want to hear is already going to be brought by everyone else this time. So not sure what I'll be bringing yet. May update again later.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Dec 30, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #50 of 147
VPI Turntables has confirmed they'll be attending and bring a Player turntable for all to try.

Dec 30, 2016 at 8:11 PM Post #51 of 147
Dec 31, 2016 at 12:28 AM Post #52 of 147
Leesure, do I need to bring a table? I have a fold up table that will fit in my car. Anything else I can bring to help out? Do you need help setting up? Just ask and I'll do whatever to give you a hand. Seems like a big undertaking.

Dec 31, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #54 of 147
Leesure, do I need to bring a table? I have a fold up table that will fit in my car. Anything else I can bring to help out? Do you need help setting up? Just ask and I'll do whatever to give you a hand. Seems like a big undertaking.

Thanks for the offer! I rent tables for the day and the raffle helps cover the cost. Set-up help is always welcome. I'll be there setting up at 9am

Dec 31, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #55 of 147
No problem. Count me in to give you a hand with setup. I really appreciate that you can host an event. My apartment is way to small to ever do something like this, so helping is something I enjoy to make your day easier. The less problems you have, the more likely you are to host more events!!!! Going to be a really fun day. There is going to be a lot of gear I have been dying to listen to. I am really excited! Just ask me for anything, and if I can help you I will. 

I am really hoping DoctorJazz makes it. I have been reading through the MicroZotl2 thread, and DoctorJazz has been a very good person to learn from. Seems like a great, educated person, so I am looking forward to picking his brain. I just got my ZOTL2, so I am trying to learn as much as I can.  

Dec 31, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #56 of 147
No problem. Count me in to give you a hand with setup. I really appreciate that you can host an event. My apartment is way to small to ever do something like this, so helping is something I enjoy to make your day easier. The less problems you have, the more likely you are to host more events!!!! Going to be a really fun day. There is going to be a lot of gear I have been dying to listen to. I am really excited! Just ask me for anything, and if I can help you I will. 

I am really hoping DoctorJazz makes it. I have been reading through the MicroZotl2 thread, and DoctorJazz has been a very good person to learn from. Seems like a great, educated person, so I am looking forward to picking his brain. I just got my ZOTL2, so I am trying to learn as much as I can.  

Hrrumph...my ears were burning! :rolleyes:

I'll do my best to make it out, have really enjoyed it in the past; planning on being there whti whatever is tickling my fancy at the time (The ZOTL and the HEK v1 are likely to accompany me. I usually use my Pono as the source into the ZOTL at shows, but maybe I'll bring some set up to stream from a laptop or iPad through TIDAL. It does come out the week before the NY Camjam, which is a lot of headphone time, but I'm going to do my best to make both.

Jan 3, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #58 of 147
Thanks for the offer! I rent tables for the day and the raffle helps cover the cost. Set-up help is always welcome. I'll be there setting up at 9am

I should certainly be available to help with setup. I can probably also bring one or two Furman PST-8D filtering power supplies to help limit the negative power impact.

Jan 3, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #59 of 147
Sadly, I won't be able to attend, but Lee has agreed to host our new EMAC 535SE headphone amplifier and line preamplifier for you all to try. So we'll be shipping one out to him in advance of the meet. 

Product page: http://www.head-fi.org/products/emac-535se-headphone-amplifier-line-preamplifier

Discussion thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/809877/electro-magnetic-amplifier-co-535se-headphone-amplifier-preamplifier

We hope you all enjoy it. 

Jan 4, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #60 of 147
I would like to attend.   This will be my first time to your place; I will probably travel with another member who has already accepted your invitation.   

I would like to bring the following items, all of which will be for sale.

- Arcam DiVA CD92 CD player, as a source for these two amp/phones setups:

- Chazz 2 from DIYHiFiSupply, driving Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 [not the current version];

- Little Dot MK V, driving AKG-702.

I will bring all wire products to hook up all of the above.

Thanks.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back