Phiaton PS200 vs Ultimate Ears 700 ?
Mar 1, 2011 at 11:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

exec-

Head-Fier
Hello,

I've finally decided to go for something better than my previous M9.

My main type of music - from pop - some rock to trance - 
using a Zune HD as player.

i've shortlisted these 2 after reading countless reviews

both are available for $150 today.

Can someone plz help me choose 1 between these 2. or should i move to something else in that price range... but i haven't seen better in that price :/ the Fischer audio DBA-02 was on my list too. Just removed.. now only 2 ...

please help me ^_^

Regards,
eXeC-

Mar 1, 2011 at 7:12 PM Post #3 of 17
thnx ! this is what i needed! just a little more push. i almost went on to research about another earphone!
audeo pfe! but i don't believe them to be much better than these..
thnx again ^_^

Mar 3, 2011 at 9:40 AM Post #4 of 17
how did PS200 owners manage with the bass? i mean.. i'm no basshead but i wish i could get that little feeling..
i read somewhere they use comply t foams.. does that really change much? ... 

Mar 3, 2011 at 2:24 PM Post #5 of 17
well.. there isnt much bass to manage because its not really a bass heavy iem.. i would defs say the ps200 over ue 700.. but saying that, the pfe is still a contender and ety hf5 and denon c710s.. if you only want either the ps200 or ue700, ps200 is the better deal overall.. im not a fan on UE quality

Mar 3, 2011 at 2:30 PM Post #6 of 17
wow thnx! i should have tried the Denon.. the pfe looks a little too plastic and fragile ... the Ety - not my style according to some reviews.
But i should have definitely checked the Denon ones :/

i ordered the PS200 2 days ago and i will probably be writing a review on them as there seemed to be so many mixed reviews of them.

Thank you again 

Mar 9, 2011 at 1:13 AM Post #9 of 17
sorry was away for a week xD. yea i use my fiio E5 most of the time. the E5 bass is nice and it doesnt add too much bass. its just about right and punchy

Mar 17, 2011 at 10:12 AM Post #11 of 17
ok got them! they are in my ears! listening to Gareth Emery - Sanctuary !
The sound is amazingly clear !!! i Love that feeling .. it's true that the bass lacks a little punch.. you can clearly hear it.. but not feel it..
i'll write a review later comparing it to Monster Beats Dr Dre. / Meelec M9 / Meelec CW31 .

Mar 17, 2011 at 10:20 AM Post #12 of 17
I just came across this thread - you definitely made the right choice. UE700 is in a class lower than PS200 in my opinion. Less resolution across the spectrum, narrower soundstage and sucked-out mids. The UE700 isn't a bad earphone by any means, but the PS200 is definitely better. Especially the soundstage - that's an area in which the PS200 truly excels. I'm looking forward to reading your review.

Mar 17, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #13 of 17
Agreed. i LOVED the PS200s back then.. not sure if i love them as much as my new Sleek Audio SA-6 xD. congrats on ur new purchase. glad u like them

Mar 25, 2011 at 5:22 PM Post #15 of 17
hmmm not so much anymore.. can hear that sssssss sound when dr dre sings in "I need a doctor" and in other songs too..
i'll listen to it a little more and see what it comes.. then do a review

Users who are viewing this thread

Back