Phiaton Ms 400 or Bowers&Wilkins P5
Sep 10, 2011 at 7:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

HarlanDraka

Previously known as HarlanDraka81
Hi everybody,

It's been a while since i joined the forum and now I need your advice!
I would like to buy a pair of portable headphones to use with my iphone and i cannot decide between the Phiaton Ms400 black and the Bowers&Wilkins P5.
I already have in my headphones collection a pair of Beyerdynamics Dt1350 and a pair of Sennheiser Hd 25 II but they both require an amp to really shine and really good sources (actually at home and at work i use an ipod classic with a Fiio e11 and music in apple loseless but sometimes i just simply don't have all this gear with me,especially when i'm on the go :))
Consider that here in Europe a pair of Phiaton Ms400 all black from uk would cost 220 euro  and i can have a pair of Bowers&Wilkins P5 for 240 euro (then more or less the same price).
What would you advice from the point of view of the sound,the comfort,the durability and the style?
I've already seen a post where they were comparing the two cans but i couldn't understand if the P5 sound soooo veil,distant and lean like they were saying or they are worth to buy.
I would really like to hear the opinions of people that really had a chance to listen to these cans.
P.S I'm just deciding between these two cans then please don't tell me that i should buy a pair of akg or aiaiai (or audio technica)
wink_face.gif

Thank you very much !!!
L3000.gif

Sep 20, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #3 of 3
I used to own a pair of P5's and I'm getting a pair of MS400's on friday, so I can give you my opinions on them then. but for the P5's, I have never seen such a classy looking headphone built so well. all the metal pieces are solid, and the leather is SOO soft. they are one of the most comfortable pairs of supraaural headphones I have ever worn, but they do get a little warm. in terms of sound signature, they are very conservative. there is nothing exaggerated about them, and they are just smooth. you can really listen to them for hours without fatigue. but nothing really stands out with the P5's. the bass has impact, but it's missing that "kick". the highs are presented very nicely, but there is no real "sparkle" or edge to them. theyre very good headphones if you are doing other things while listening to music; you definitely wont get distracted by the music while you're listening. they seem to fit effortlessly into the background. I'll update this with my impressions of the MS400's when they get here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back