PGGB Offline Remastering
May 26, 2024 at 2:06 AM Post #286 of 289
What are the recommended Mojo2/Poly SD card settings? 16fs PCM and 32bit?

I tried the trial. I did 32bit 16fs on poly. Not sure why but when I pause the music there a high pitch buzzing noise. Also while changing songs there’s a weird sound too.

But using dual bnc to 3.5mm. There were no issues with mojo2 with same files.

Let me know if you have same issue.

May 26, 2024 at 7:22 AM Post #287 of 289
What are the recommended Mojo2/Poly SD card settings? 16fs PCM and 32bit?
I use 16fs and 24b. While the sd card and poly can do 32b, I used 24b to maintain compatibility with the src-dx when using the dual coax input. The results with pggb and the sd card are some of the best I have heard. The high pitched squeal mentioned I have also heard. I think it is a function of mpd and while annoying it is not present while playing.

May 26, 2024 at 12:59 PM Post #288 of 289
I use 16fs and 24b. While the sd card and poly can do 32b, I used 24b to maintain compatibility with the src-dx when using the dual coax input. The results with pggb and the sd card are some of the best I have heard. The high pitched squeal mentioned I have also heard. I think it is a function of mpd and while annoying it is not present while playing.
Thanks! I get the same high pitched squeal on 32b/16fs wv files playback when paused. I think I'll just stick to 24b/16fs flac as I find that sound to have an impact on my enjoyment while listening and I have to pause to hear someone.

Jun 4, 2024 at 9:43 PM Post #289 of 289
I have a favor to ask of any Roon users who are either presently upscaling or thinking of some day doing so. Please register your vote for Roon to support DSD in 48K rates using the link that follows. The first post in the following explains it well, but with PGGB, it would result in tracks that began life in a multiple of 48k being invisible to Roon if upscaled to DSD. Odd that Roon omitted this as some less feature-packed apps can play these files.

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/48k-dsd-rates/24709

Users who are viewing this thread

Back