Petition: I would like the old site back (or other choice)
Jun 16, 2010 at 4:17 AM Post #376 of 431

Quote:
The search really is an Avatar of Uselessness. On the flipside of that, I does manually force people to actually search and then read and read and read and read. Which is what people complained about people not doing before.

[rage=at headfi] Of course, now that those who would use the search can't find anything useful they'll feel compelled to make another recommendation thread further cluttering the main headphone forum and subsequent searches. Honestly, if there was one thing the forum really could have used it was a sub forum dedicated to recommendations and help so that the rest of the forums could have been purely for discussion. Instead it feels like everything that didn't need changed was and vice versa. [/rage]

Jun 16, 2010 at 6:13 AM Post #377 of 431
Quote:
Its also control + right click for mac, I think. Command + right click does not work for my macbook pro.

It works on my Mac, but I had already re-mapped the control key to work as a command key in OSX so I wouldn't have to re-map my brain when I boot into Windows. I had to re-map on the Mac side because modifier keys are something I can't customize on the Windows side.

Jun 16, 2010 at 7:45 AM Post #378 of 431

Quote:
Why am I getting political ads? It seems like the new layout is made to benefit a select few.. Sorry, if that sounds harsh but I'm being honest.

i am still getting skullcandy ads on my BB 8900.i also get ads for games.it seems to depend on the IP address of the user.

Jun 16, 2010 at 10:45 AM Post #379 of 431

Quote:
The search really is an Avatar of Uselessness. On the flipside of that, I does manually force people to actually search and then read and read and read and read. Which is what people complained about people not doing before.

x2 i can now never find threads i know exist, the search is simply terrible.

also does it piss anyone else off that the the "All New Posts" button doesnt actually do that.  it will show you the last 10 pages whether they are new or not.  it misses out a huge number of new posts and given the ridiculous menu structure i didnt notice for days that id been offered a set of RE-ZERO's to review

Jun 16, 2010 at 12:28 PM Post #382 of 431
I don't want to criticise too much, but I tend to agree that I spent more time (way too much) on the site before the changes. At first, I was enamoured by the new layout, but after using the thing for a bit, I tended to shy away from it. To be honest, it's probably a good thing.

Jun 16, 2010 at 1:30 PM Post #383 of 431
In my own experience and from what I have read, the site is seeing less traffic from its "long-time active" members due to the changes (I am actually curious on the statistics here), and I wonder if a drastic reduction of traffic over a sustained period would force Jude to return Head-Fi to its previous form. Of course it would force change in consideration of what would happen with sponsors, CanJam, and member donations... I also suppose that if all the kinks are worked out on the forum's current incarnation, then all the adverse affects on membership traffic will be rectified in time. I just hope there isn't a permanent diminish of some of our board's greatest contributors and personalities due to this hiccup. Crazy talk.

Jun 16, 2010 at 1:42 PM Post #384 of 431
Quote:
I hardly ever visit or post on this forum anymore simply because I have no affiliation whatsoever with the new forum layout.

This once warm and inviting forum has turned into a very cold and lonely place.

Quote:
I don't want to criticise too much, but I tend to agree that I spent more time (way too much) on the site before the changes. At first, I was enamoured by the new layout, but after using the thing for a bit, I tended to shy away from it....

I think I've visited maybe 10 times since the new layout.  I want a simple, direct, powerful board, so I can get in, do what I want, and get on with life. 
This layout is so dumbed down, I get nothing out of it.

Jun 16, 2010 at 2:09 PM Post #385 of 431
I spend about 70% less time here.. This new lay out is GREAT for giving you the tools to write reviews, but as a whole, It's bringing up farther apart as a community. It' seems to be all about the money.. Which saddens me.. I don't like tons of ads. It's cheesy & makes the site look cheap & money hungry. If there was a alternative site Id be there.. It also bothers me that guys like Doug, Erik, & Skylab (I think) Are not mods.. Yet we have some mods who troll threads (personal experience), While one blasted me for asking what theft measures are being taken for CanJam. This was last yrs CanJam. His words.. I was trying to ruin CanJam. People like this who have clout on this site can get away with such thuggery tactics.. I'm not alone in this. I received PM from other members who share my feelings.. This would have never happened in 06 when i joined. Headfi has some inside cleaning to do.. It just bothers be.. & I'm sure my post will be deleted which will just prove my point.

Jun 16, 2010 at 2:28 PM Post #386 of 431

Quote:
Yeah.. I found it hypocritical. This site loathe political talk, yet I get a ad to support some democrat!! What crap..

I'm not seeing any of these ads, where are they appearing?

Quote:
In my own experience and from what I have read, the site is seeing less traffic from its "long-time active" members due to the changes (I am actually curious on the statistics here), and I wonder if a drastic reduction of traffic over a sustained period would force Jude to return Head-Fi to its previous form. Of course it would force change in consideration of what would happen with sponsors, CanJam, and member donations... I also suppose that if all the kinks are worked out on the forum's current incarnation, then all the adverse affects on membership traffic will be rectified in time. I just hope there isn't a permanent diminish of some of our board's greatest contributors and personalities due to this hiccup. Crazy talk.

Sorry!  There is no going back.  The future is all about the new, uninitiated, naive, members getting sucked into spending money on products that will generate an income for HeadFi.  This is not a revelation nor is it a bad thing.  It happened to all of us after we joined... look at our "Sorry about your wallet" motto!

The trend is already self sustaining, and there's nothing you can do about it.  It doesn't matter who drops out. The scads of new members will never even notice, or care if some older member goes inactive.  Memory is short on HeadFi.

Besides, almost all of the problems have been addressed and for me, this site is working fine and improving every day. 

So let it go already and enjoy the forum. 
dt880smile.png

USG

Jun 16, 2010 at 2:30 PM Post #387 of 431

Quote:
I spend about 70% less time here.. This new lay out is GREAT for giving you the tools to write reviews, but as a whole, It's bringing up farther apart as a community. It' seems to be all about the money.. Which saddens me.. I don't like tons of ads. It's cheesy & makes the site look cheap & money hungry. If there was a alternative site Id be there.. It also bothers me that guys like Doug, Erik, & Skylab (I think) Are not mods.. Yet we have some mods who troll threads (personal experience), While one blasted me for asking what theft measures are being taken for CanJam. This was last yrs CanJam. His words.. I was trying to ruin CanJam. People like this who have clout on this site can get away with such thuggery tactics.. I'm not alone in this. I received PM from other members who share my feelings.. This would have never happened in 06 when i joined. Headfi has some inside cleaning to do.. It just bothers be.. & I'm sure my post will be deleted which will just prove my point.

I'll bet it doesn't get deleted.

USG

Jun 16, 2010 at 5:16 PM Post #388 of 431
Quote:

...same here 
frown.gif

Jun 16, 2010 at 6:18 PM Post #389 of 431
you can override fonts size/background color in pretty much any decent browser...so what's the big deal? I've never browsed the new forum w/ that bright theme and nagging ads.

Jun 16, 2010 at 8:24 PM Post #390 of 431

I have no idea. Only seen the ad 2-3 times. Right side of the screen. It was just a What type of moment, since the TOS prohibits political talk, but there's a political ad endorsing a democrat??.. I'm not even a Democrat. I'm a Libertarian.
Quote:

I'm not seeing any of these ads, where are they appearing?

Sorry!  There is no going back.  The future is all about the new, uninitiated, naive, members getting sucked into spending money on products that will generate an income for HeadFi.  This is not a revelation nor is it a bad thing.  It happened to all of us after we joined... look at our "Sorry about your wallet" motto!

The trend is already self sustaining, and there's nothing you can do about it.  It doesn't matter who drops out. The scads of new members will never even notice, or care if some older member goes inactive.  Memory is short on HeadFi.

Besides, almost all of the problems have been addressed and for me, this site is working fine and improving every day. 

So let it go already and enjoy the forum. 
dt880smile.png

USG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back