Petition: I would like the old site back (or other choice)
Jun 17, 2010 at 8:01 PM Post #406 of 431
I don't think there's as many ads on the Mac side, I don't have any and I am not blocking or dumping anything (at the moment). I do know that a lot more javascripts load on the PC side and it really bogs my laptop down, so I will have to start the "b&d" regimen over there soon to regain some performance. Ads don't bother me so much unless they use a lot of bandwidth or have movement, which usually go together. I know this is a business that has to generate revenue, but when it affects page load time and bandwith it pisses me off. There needs to be a balance struck between operator revenue and usability at some point.

Jun 17, 2010 at 8:41 PM Post #407 of 431

That was my gut feelings.. & Duggeh.. You would have made one hell of a mod.. Head fi will never be the same with out.. Many times I found you to be my antagonist, but you always had my respect, even during times I was cursing you out. lol..Tha'ts the greatest compliment I could give you. I truly wish you the best. The respect was still there.
Quote:
Those tools for reviews, that database, that's a way of getting the member base to generate advertising heirarchies. More reviews of the HD650 = more hits for Sennheiser = more money in from Sennheiser the sponsor to maintain click throughs. At least that's how I understand the system.

No way I could be a mod. I'm too firm a judge. Too iron fisted with rules. Can't offer illustrations easily because discussion of past member bans is prohibited.

Jun 17, 2010 at 8:49 PM Post #408 of 431
I doubt I will be able to leave completely, but my presence here won't be the same.. I'm really losing interest in certain aspects of the site.. It just seems too geared towards selling, & I feel we are pawns in this.. I wish Jude the best in all he does.. I just disagree with how he is doing things..

Quote:
A heartfelt post kool bubba ice. You may yet be another sad casualty to the forum overhaul.

Head-Fi will continue as essentially the same community, however I cant see how certain individuals like Duggeh could ever be satisfactorily replaced by any near future members.

And I entirely agree with your sentiments on some of the moderator's methods/philosophy, but I have never publicly criticized out of fear of losing my membership, or of wasting my time by having my post simply censored. Deleting threads/posts is detrimental to a moderator's credibility, and instead abusive threads/posts should only be locked and their posters suspended (but not from private messaging). It would be interesting to see forum's moderators who are appointed by their membership, and also the choice to make votes of no confidence against prevailing mods. 

Jun 18, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #410 of 431
I agree with the OP - the old site was WAY better.  I don't know if I'll continue coming here - this new format is awful.

Jun 18, 2010 at 6:53 AM Post #411 of 431

Quote:
I doubt I will be able to leave completely, but my presence here won't be the same.. I'm really losing interest in certain aspects of the site.. It just seems too geared towards selling, & I feel we are pawns in this.. I wish Jude the best in all he does.. I just disagree with how he is doing things..

ever get the feeling the site is new more like an add on to amazon?

Jun 18, 2010 at 2:46 PM Post #413 of 431
It really is 50/50 with me..I love having a area to post 104 dt48 pics which others can see. I 'claimed' DT48 as mine.. Just click the link & see the pics.. It's very member friendly.. The tools to write reviews are great.. I just get a un easy feeling, that I'm a pawn that is marketing a product in disguised as a review..Overall, it works how Jude wanted it to work. As a community uniter it's a failure.

Quote:
I agree with the OP - the old site was WAY better.  I don't know if I'll continue coming here - this new format is awful.

Jun 19, 2010 at 6:54 AM Post #416 of 431
Quote:
I am used to the new lay out a bit now but it can never even match the simplicity and ease of the old one.
For what its worth, +1 for old one back.

I agree. The previous layout made the site so easy to use even to people who don't speak English as their native language. Finding stuff was much easier then now, the same thing can be said about reading new topics and posts.

In the past I was visiting head-fi every day to check for new posts. Now I just visit from time to time, more to have a look that to really find something. I even stopped reading for-sale adds and that used to be my daily habit! 

Jun 19, 2010 at 11:07 AM Post #418 of 431
I would love the return of BB Code, plus a way to make the thread content fill out all the way to the right.
Both part of the old forum software.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back