Petition: I would like the old site back (or other choice)
May 22, 2010 at 4:48 AM Post #301 of 431
Please, get back the old Head Fi

I even cannot copy paste on this ****,

I want the old GUI, the old colors,
you cannot improve smth thats totally wrong,
If this is a sponsor oblige, we can donate smth, to get back!

May 22, 2010 at 8:24 AM Post #302 of 431
The 'new' Head-Fi works. I still miss some things like my lost blog, not very nice. It works, not perfect but good enough for me and what else is there to write? It works, although not entirely to my liking as in the 'old' Head-Fi which is too bad.

Back to my music...

May 22, 2010 at 9:11 AM Post #305 of 431
My two main griefs are:
1. No way to remove the sidebar and let the thread content fill out completely on the right side.
2. No BB Code support.

Several other griefs as well, but nothing as annoying as these two. :veryevil:

May 22, 2010 at 9:24 AM Post #306 of 431
I like the new digs myself...Brighter is good for old eyes. Just will take some getting use to from others. This is what we got, like it or not!

May 22, 2010 at 10:44 AM Post #307 of 431

Quote:
My two main griefs are:
1. No way to remove the sidebar and let the thread content fill out completely on the right side.
2. No BB Code support.

Several other griefs as well, but nothing as annoying as these two. :veryevil:

As I said, this new version is from sponsors demand,
I never know HeadFi had all this sponsors, never looked them on the old site..

May 22, 2010 at 10:59 AM Post #308 of 431
Actually, I did see a link at one point by the new posts link that said "Classic View" but when I clicked on it, it just said there was maintenance. I wonder if anyone else saw something like that... The only real gripe that I had was that the default was to subscribe, and then I figured out how to set the default, but then they changed the system of subscribing. Got it figured out again, though. 

TBH, I'm used to it. I would only want more threads viewed per search, but I can probably set that, too.

May 22, 2010 at 8:55 PM Post #309 of 431

Quote:
As I said, this new version is from sponsors demand,
I never know HeadFi had all this sponsors, never looked them on the old site..

Jude took the time to explain to me (as my blog was affected and he wanted me to keep blogging, which I've been slack about) that Head-fi had literally taken over his work time and the Huddler partnership would allow him more time to be involved in Head-fi beyond managing sponsors, as well as offer software that was better suited to a gear forum, with a dedicated place for product listings, reviews and a wiki that everyone can contribute to.  

If Head-fi had updated to VB4, the result would have been just as much complaint, as the feature set in VB4 is quite broken as well, and seems to be more about adding features than fixing existing problems, of which there are a great many.  They only just rebuilt the horrendous mess that was VB's skin/theme system with a proper CSS-based one, but even that is a nightmare.  Though in many respects it is feature-inferior, at least there is a dedicated team of people from Huddler who are working on making improvements. Though there's still a long way to go IMO, some good changes have already been made.

If people concentrate on what they can contribute through the wiki and gear listings and provide useful suggestions for improvement, I reckon in a few months to a year things will have become quite good.  
smile.gif

May 23, 2010 at 1:09 AM Post #310 of 431
The more I use the new site the more things I find that are easier for me to do so as long as the cell posting is working now (haven't checked that lately, but the itouch is working) then I am very happy with it now.  Thanks for all the work Jude!

May 23, 2010 at 4:15 AM Post #311 of 431

Quote:
Jude took the time to explain to me (as my blog was affected and he wanted me to keep blogging, which I've been slack about) that Head-fi had literally taken over his work time and the Huddler partnership would allow him more time to be involved in Head-fi beyond managing sponsors, as well as offer software that was better suited to a gear forum, with a dedicated place for product listings, reviews and a wiki that everyone can contribute to.  

I have noticed Jude posting quite a bit since it went huddler. Never saw him post barely on the old format. Kudus to him for finding a way to keep the site running and also being able to join in on the conversations now. There still things that need to be addressed, but progress is being made and there are some nice features  in huddler too.

May 23, 2010 at 6:03 AM Post #313 of 431
May 23, 2010 at 7:21 AM Post #314 of 431
I really like the new format... It´s a big improvement over the old once I got used to it. I have a widescreen so not using the entire screen is actually a plus for readability on my 32" :)

May 23, 2010 at 7:26 AM Post #315 of 431
I like the old layout much more... please bring it back

Users who are viewing this thread

Back