Petition: I would like the old site back (or other choice)
May 20, 2010 at 6:03 AM Post #286 of 431
I just hate the new post editor "WYSIWYG" it make many errors and i just prefer the old school BB code though it can be useful to copy web content sometime.

The quoting system also almost never work and when it work i c'ant edit the quote.

And i get these boxes when i post (translator-floating-panel).

May 20, 2010 at 6:47 AM Post #287 of 431
Yeah, please give us the choice of not using the WYSIWYG editor. BB code is much better in every aspect, much more versatile and faster. Spell check, quoting posts, and posting photos are also much easier with a text-only interface. Not sure what's the reason for the HTML source code button, but it won't let me do anything I want it to do (for example, I can't even make the font size of my signature smaller). In any case HTML code is too much hassle compared to BB code. (I know I said this all before, sorry for repeating - but I just can't get used to that WYSIWYG box.)

May 20, 2010 at 10:37 AM Post #288 of 431

Quote:
the ads are bigger (forum part more narrow), but overall it doesn't seem much different. as with everything, there will be an adjustment period.

Well, I thought I'd adjust but I just spent some time at the Steve Hoffman forum before coming here and, wow, what a difference using the "old" v-bulletin software. In comparison, I hate this new forum. It's jarring to come here now. I competely dislike this new software. It wastes space and feels like half the functions are missing. Now I'm with those who want to dump it. I suppose if I spent my time SOLELY at headfi I'd get used to it, but one of the miracles of the web is being able to surf through numerous forums, visting different sites. A certain degree of uniformity makes it much more pleasant. Strangely (or not so strangely) most of the forums I visit use V-Bulletin. Now, unfortunately, Headfi does not.

May 20, 2010 at 10:42 AM Post #289 of 431
One of the very thing that I hate the new design, it that we missed the click username pop up manual.  What a great idea and so much convenient to PM people.

May 20, 2010 at 7:55 PM Post #293 of 431
Following is a link to the release announcement I posted earlier:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/493135/new-release-today-includes-leaning-up-of-user-interface

We will keep working to improve and optimize things all over the site.  Your feedback is extremely valuable and appreciated, guys.

May 21, 2010 at 10:21 AM Post #295 of 431

Quote:
guys i know this is totally off topic sorry. i would like to try a browser other than ie. especially that can make this site nice. can you recommend one?

thanks,
music_man

Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, ... . Lots of nice web browsers for MS Windows out there.

May 21, 2010 at 12:33 PM Post #296 of 431

Quote:
guys i know this is totally off topic sorry. i would like to try a browser other than ie. especially that can make this site nice. can you recommend one?

thanks,
music_man

id give chrome a shot if i were you, its JavaScripting performance really shows its colors on the new head fi. and if you use the dev center channel its even better because they just updated the JS engine.

May 21, 2010 at 1:37 PM Post #297 of 431

Quote:
The quoting system also almost never work and when it work i c'ant edit the quote.

You sure can edit a post! To quote click the single quotation ( " ), not the double ( " " ). When the blue box appears in the bottom reply box, you can edit as easy as any other code. For deleting pictures, just click the picture in the quotation and press backspace.

May 21, 2010 at 1:43 PM Post #298 of 431
There's still much improvement to be done imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back