Petition: I would like the old site back (or other choice)
May 28, 2010 at 10:49 AM Post #331 of 431
One way to deal with the new website is to upgrade your mouse scrolling. I've been using scroll 8-lines per click for a while now and it really helps both in foobar2000 and in Head-Fi.

bcpk, thanks for posting.

May 28, 2010 at 12:35 PM Post #332 of 431
WOW.

i didn't realize i'd been away so long.  it's all so....different!

i'm pretty adaptable... i'm here more for the content than the design, but this will definitely take a little getting used to.  my first reaction is... corporate?  it reminds of the SharePoint stuff we use at work.
ph34r.gif

edit: my sig is all boffed up! i'm going to have to fix it.

May 28, 2010 at 5:38 PM Post #333 of 431

Quote:
WOW.

i didn't realize i'd been away so long.  it's all so....different!

i'm pretty adaptable... i'm here more for the content than the design, but this will definitely take a little getting used to.  my first reaction is... corporate?  it reminds of the SharePoint stuff we use at work.
ph34r.gif

edit: my sig is all boffed up! i'm going to have to fix it.

oh noes!! dont even start talking about sharepoint...ugh....though now that you mention it, this does remind me of sharepoint too, thats never good

May 28, 2010 at 5:44 PM Post #334 of 431

Quote:
....i'm pretty adaptable... i'm here more for the content than the design, but this will definitely take a little getting used to.  my first reaction is... corporate?...

Oh, c'mon, now Vic--to be fair, any change to the default style of vBulletin 3.x (that we used) would look more corporate by comparison.
smile.gif

(Glad to see you here, man.)

May 28, 2010 at 6:07 PM Post #335 of 431

Quote:

Oh, c'mon, now Vic--to be fair, any change to the default style of vBulletin 3.x (that we used) would look more corporate by comparison.
smile.gif

(Glad to see you here, man.)

Like I said, I much prefer the new site it is less cluttered. Hi Jude! :]

May 28, 2010 at 6:36 PM Post #337 of 431

Quote:
Like I said, I much prefer the new site it is less cluttered. Hi Jude! :]

Old-timer, man, "hi" right back at ya.  I'll drop you a PM sometime in between the madness of the site transition and CanJam.  I hope you're well.

May 28, 2010 at 11:29 PM Post #339 of 431
I still can't insert links or post pics from my BlackBerry 9700 with any of my browsers. Nor can I quote a post and forget multiple posts. I'm not asking for the old format back but just to have this one be more friendly to mobile devices. I use the BlackBerry, Bolt and Opera Mini browsers. The only one that lets me post at all is the Bolt browser.

I want to repost all my reviews in the review section and can't to it until there's a fix.

Mobile devices are becoming more and more prevelant for internet use and this is a fix that needs to move up the prioity chain a bit. Please. :)

Thanks

May 30, 2010 at 9:47 PM Post #340 of 431
We should be able to edit our sigs A LOT more, if you look at other forums, the sig is actually one of their main focus. Maybe even kick up a notch an enable images. 

May 31, 2010 at 12:10 AM Post #341 of 431
Not a fan of the new site. My activity and browsing here in the past month or so has dropped off considerably. Too much white and unnecessary space.

May 31, 2010 at 1:22 AM Post #342 of 431

Quote:
We should be able to edit our sigs A LOT more, if you look at other forums, the sig is actually one of their main focus. Maybe even kick up a notch an enable images. 

I think images in signatures are horrid.  It was bad enough reading the forums with people posting multiple times who had a dozen or more lines of stuff in their signatures. The forums with images allowed in signatures are almost unreadable for the most part.

May 31, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #343 of 431
Quote:

Quote:
I think images in signatures are horrid.  It was bad enough reading the forums with people posting multiple times who had a dozen or more lines of stuff in their signatures. The forums with images allowed in signatures are almost unreadable for the most part.

I agree that images could be distracting, perhaps smileys would be okay. For me, I can't even figure out how to do a "hard second line" in mine because the carriage return seems to be disabled, and it always looks so different on my notebook and cinema displays. Any hint on getting a consistent second sig line would be appreciated.

May 31, 2010 at 1:55 AM Post #345 of 431
The annoyances are becoming apparent!

My browser auto-wipes all saved cookies and cache and therefore I find that if I'm not careful, I accidentally subscribe to every thread I post in... Then through the wonders of smart phones, I end up getting emails a few times a day about subscription updates a day on threads I don't necessarily care about.

Also, I don't know how to name links any more. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back