Petition for a "Video Games Lounge" subforum. - IT'S LIVE
Feb 24, 2012 at 10:45 AM Post #151 of 352

I keep spending my 'extra money' on CDs and vinyl.

I'm also afraid to be disappointed since BF 2 is my favorite FPS of all time. I keep waiting for BF 3 to go on sale at GameStop (have $20 credit), but they never put PC games on sale.

I also justify it by not wanting to install Origin. What idiot didn't put that game on Steam? Seriously.

Quote:

Feb 24, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #152 of 352

Quote:
I keep spending my 'extra money' on CDs and vinyl.

I'm also afraid to be disappointed since BF 2 is my favorite FPS of all time. I keep waiting for BF 3 to go on sale at GameStop (have $20 credit), but they never put PC games on sale.

I also justify it by not wanting to install Origin. What idiot didn't put that game on Steam? Seriously.

they are 4 good maps on battlefield3 caspian border.. kharg island.. operation firestorm and the canals..the others are not that good.. they remade some of the bad company2 maps called back to karkand but never put a anti air on them(the chopper creams you when you are in a tank if soflam isn't up and running)and the vehicles aren't very good if you get in a tank or aircraft it's ok it's only worth a go to get the famas gun they are not as good as the four i just mentioned soon they will be another 4 maps released and they might get it right this time fingers crossed and give us some vehicles with rip roaring fire power..p.s don't wait for the game to come down in price go out and treat yourself trust me on this one don't listen to all the bad press the game is out of this world..some games come out in the sale in england any way that's were i am from and live.i got fear 3 for a tenner and crysis 2 for 20 quid and the darkness 2 was 25 quid the day it came out..and you said you buy cds all the time you should give soundcloud a try you can download music for free and it's not ilegal give aeroplane a try you will probably like them!

Feb 24, 2012 at 3:44 PM Post #153 of 352
Quote:
And we should. I'm up for TF 2, MW 3, BF 2, Dungeon Defenders, Magicka, Tribes Ascend, Serious Sam, or 40k Space Marine pretty much any time. Oh, or some Dawn of War or SC 2.

You forgot to add in Gears of War 3 and Halo Reach (4 is coming out soon! not by Bungie though 
frown.gif
) on top of that MW3...unless your a PS3 dude then thats a different story

Feb 24, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #154 of 352
I'm a PC dude...
wink.gif

I only own a PS3 now for my BluRay collection and easy wireless Netflix streaming. Oh, and fighting games. Don't really game online with it. All my FPS is done on PC (master race). :D

Quote:
You forgot to add in Gears of War 3 and Halo Reach (4 is coming out soon! not by Bungie though 
frown.gif
) on top of that MW3...unless your a PS3 dude then thats a different story

Feb 24, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #158 of 352

Quote:
THE PC RULES ALL !
FACT !

Fighting games on the PC are bleh. I'll even venture to say most horror games are still slightly better on consoles. I've got a solid gaming PC but my 360 still gets some lovin'. 

Remember though, games are games no matter what you play them on. 

Feb 24, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #159 of 352

While fighting games on PC with a keyboard are pretty bad, playing them with a controller changes things. PC fighters have a ton more options via mods (or legit download packs) than a console fighter ever will. After you play a well configured game with over 200 characters on it (only possible on PC as of now) you'd change your tone. :D

Overall though, yeah I can see where you're coming from. Horror games are fairly equal I'd say, but depending on the sound quality of the game (horror games rely on sound so much) I like the extra versatility the PC offers.

Something I do think it funny though...If you play FPS on a PC and then go to a console you'll pretty much wreck anything you come across. My KD on MW on PC was something I has to fight for (for the most part)...my KD on a console is hard to not hit at least 5:1.

Quote:

Fighting games on the PC are bleh. I'll even venture to say most horror games are still slightly better on consoles. I've got a solid gaming PC but my 360 still gets some lovin'. 

Remember though, games are games no matter what you play them on. 

Feb 24, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #160 of 352
my xbox 360 went off so i bought a wii because i am a big fan of survival horror games and i got all the resident evil games i could find on it and silent hill shattered memories..

Feb 24, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #162 of 352

Quote:
While fighting games on PC with a keyboard are pretty bad, playing them with a controller changes things. PC fighters have a ton more options via mods (or legit download packs) than a console fighter ever will. After you play a well configured game with over 200 characters on it (only possible on PC as of now) you'd change your tone. :D

Overall though, yeah I can see where you're coming from. Horror games are fairly equal I'd say, but depending on the sound quality of the game (horror games rely on sound so much) I like the extra versatility the PC offers.

Something I do think it funny though...If you play FPS on a PC and then go to a console you'll pretty much wreck anything you come across. My KD on MW on PC was something I has to fight for (for the most part)...my KD on a console is hard to not hit at least 5:1.

Oh, modding changes almost everything. If I have the choice, I usually go with the PC release for anything. I understand your sentiment there. My only real experience with fighting games on the PC was MK3 and much more recently, SFIV. I haven't messed with mods at all for either of those so I can say I lack experience there. 

As far as horror goes, I'm going to bring up Silent HIll 2 again. On the PS2, I got much more atmosphere from that one than the PC version. I think the clarity offered in the PC version made things less obscure and what you see is what you get. Part of horror is not knowing what's there and letting your mind fill in the blanks. Though, everything I say here and my previous post is my subjective opinion. 

As far as FPS games go, you're right. I went form playing BC2 on the PC to Reach a while back. I remember destroying everyone in SWAT. I'm an average FPS player. Going from PC to console was just crazy. 

Feb 24, 2012 at 6:07 PM Post #163 of 352
i agree with what you are saying about silent hill 2 because the best silent hill was the one on the playstation one many moons ago it had much better atmosphere and i hope you agree that the old style of resident evil was much better were you can't see what's around the corner..resident evil 4 and 5 weren't as good as resident evil archives and resident evil zero on the wii..i am a big fan of all the fear games and monolith and day one studios..

Feb 24, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #164 of 352

Quote:
i agree with what you are saying about about silent hill 2 because the best silent hill was the one on the playstation one many moons ago it had much better atmosphere and i hope you agree that the old style of resident evil was much better were you can't see what's around the corner..resident evil 4 and 5 weren't as good as resident evil archives and resident evil zero on the wii..i am a big fan of all the fear games and monolith and day one studios..

Personally, SH1 scared the crap out of me more than SH2 but I felt SH2 had a much better sense of atmosphere. Not to mention Pyramid Head. Both were stellar games, no question there. Even 3 had it's moments. The way the story was delivered in 1-4 (even 0) was amazing. Conveying story through atmosphere and mechanics is a great way to do things and Silent Hill always did well to keep that in tact.

As far as RE goes, I loved them up to RE4. RE4 was a good game but it lacked real horror. I still played the hell out of it but personally, RE3 and CV are my favorite installments. I never got the huge appeal RE2 had beyond the amazingly high amount of replayability and always favored Nemesis over RE2. I think being chased relentlessly by Nemesis got me. Mr.X was fun but he lacked, I can't believe I'm saying this, personality. Either way, the early Resident Evil games always sat with me much better than RE4 and 5 did. I want to pick up a 3DS for Revelations as I heard it focuses more on the series roots. Looks like RE6 is taking a few steps back in the right direction as well. 

Feb 24, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #165 of 352
i bought the wii just for the resident evil games because i bought my niece a game cube and i got her resident evil on it and i said to myself i will get one of them gamecubes one day but never did and my xbox360 went off so i knew it was on the wii so i went ahead and bought one with resident evil archives and zero..and i bought the two light gun games on it the umbrella chronicles and the darkside chronicles.. they had resident o and 1 on the umbrella chronicles and code veronica and resident evil 2 on the darkside chronicles and they were out of this world..and shattered memories was good it was silent hill one but on the wii with up to date graphics they were good for the wii anyway..but the playstation version was the best as we all know i just hope the new one comes out on the pc..i will be getting the new resident evil game when it comes out on the pc when it eventually comes out that is..i think nemesis was on darkside chronicles aswell..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back