Petition for a "Video Games Lounge" subforum. - IT'S LIVE
Sep 5, 2011 at 11:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 352

JamesMcProgger

Headphoneus Supremus
There are a lot of gamers in headfi, gathered around a few highly populated threads. Videogames is an industry that puts the sound quality as one of its priorities, and considering that there are companies designing headphones for gaiming, I think the Video Games subforums might be useful.

plus we could discuss games too.

Please post and/or vote in the poll.

thank you.

Sep 6, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #3 of 352
I vote yes.

Sep 6, 2011 at 4:05 AM Post #5 of 352
I'm not a gamer, but support the idea.

A lot of members play and I think it would generate traffic and get use. It might open the door to some new sponsors, too.

Sep 6, 2011 at 2:40 PM Post #8 of 352
I vote yes.

You might think that Head-Fi is all about audiophile music reproduction, but have you noticed all the gaming threads in the Headphones (full-size) forum? People are coming here to find if there's a better option than the typical gaming headsets for games, especially with the big Mad Lust Envy thread in there. After all, it's why I lurked this place for so long before making an account.

Sep 7, 2011 at 1:10 AM Post #9 of 352
Yes.

BFBC2!
biggrin.gif

Sep 8, 2011 at 12:10 PM Post #12 of 352
I voted "yay" and will give this more consideration.  Admittedly, it's something I'd been thinking about already.  I thought a gaming sub-forum, with some focus on sound quality with respect to gaming (of course, also with normal gaming discussion), might be a good fit.

Sep 12, 2011 at 2:47 PM Post #14 of 352
yay. BF3 is almost beta and... then we'll have the New Elder Scrolls... and then I won't be visiting headfi much in the next 12 months... unless there's a gaming thread on these boards.

Here's to Headfier Andy and McProgger

Sep 14, 2011 at 5:29 AM Post #15 of 352
Yeah I dont see much PC games' music being discussed here. i.e: Diablo 2 opening theme music is really fantastic, and yeah, perhaps this can bring some games tunes' to head-fiérs too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back