Petition for a "Video Games Lounge" subforum. - IT'S LIVE
Feb 24, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #166 of 352
i bought the wii just for the resident evil games because i bought my niece a game cube and i got her resident evil on it and i said to myself i will get one of them gamecubes one day but never did and my xbox360 went off so i knew it was on the wii so i went ahead and bought one with resident evil archives and zero..and i bought the two light gun games on it the umbrella chronicles and the darkside chronicles.. they had resident o and 1 on the umbrella chronicles and code veronica and resident evil 2 on the darkside chronicles and they were out of this world..and shattered memories was good it was silent hill one but on the wii with up to date graphics they were good for the wii anyway..but the playstation version was the best as we all know i just hope the new one comes out on the pc..i will be getting the new resident evil game when it comes out on the pc when it eventually comes out that is..i think nemesis was on the darkside chronicles aswell..

Feb 24, 2012 at 7:32 PM Post #167 of 352
Heh, the new Silent Hill is a boycot game for me I think. I'm bummed Akira walked away from it and I understand that happens. Lynch has some great work but the fact they brought in Korn to do the soundtrack makes me want to gag. My Wii is mainly used for older games (NES, SNES and likes) so I've yet to get around to Shattered Memories. I liked the OST for it however. 

REmake and RE0 were also very interesting games. The REmake was a stunning game visually and stands up to some of the current gen's power. Zero had an odd feeling with the no longer being alone thing but overall, it set things up nicely without having to retcon too much. UC and DSC were both great despite the condensed story. Both also did a good job of expanding Wesker's character. I think I might dig those out soon and give them a play though again...

Feb 24, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #168 of 352
i am proud to say that i completed resident evil zero with out any help from the web it was quite easy really but didn't you think code veronica was a hard game i had it on the dreamcast the bit on the aircraft hanger was rock solid  and
shenmue 1 and 2 were other classic games and metropolis street racer i had a snes fzero mode 7 was the best version and n64 goldeneye and mario kart were classics..p.s i have got mario kart and zelda skyward sword on my wii but don't tell anyone..

Feb 24, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #169 of 352
Ah, the Dreamcast.  I had some fond gaming memories with that system(Skies of Arcadia, Grandia II, Jet Grind Radio to name a few).  I still wish Sega would produce Shenmue III.

Feb 24, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #171 of 352
Jet Set Radio for PSN/XBL very soon. I r very excite.

And I'm strictly console gamer. Always have been, always will. Screw K&M. Games are meant to be played with a controller, IMHO. The social aspect is almost much better on consoles.

I tried Steam and whatnot. Not my thing... at all.

Feb 24, 2012 at 10:04 PM Post #172 of 352

Quote:
Ah, the Dreamcast.  I had some fond gaming memories with that system(Skies of Arcadia, Grandia II, Jet Grind Radio to name a few).  I still wish Sega would produce Shenmue III.

Soul Calibur! Don't forget that! And yes, Shenmu III would be awesome beyond words. I still play the second from time to time. DC was a great system...

Feb 24, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #173 of 352
Jet Set Radio for PSN/XBL very soon. I r very excite.
And I'm strictly console gamer. Always have been, always will. Screw K&M. Games are meant to be played with a controller, IMHO. The social aspect is almost much better on consoles.

I'm super excited for that release. Been wanting it for years.

I completely disagree about the social aspect though. I sit in a Vent server with ~30 people most of the time on my PC. Talking about every day stuff, games, music, etc. We're all playing games at the time and often 10+ of us play together. This is literally impossible on consoles. Small parties and much harder to play together than PC (I frequent dedicated servers when possible). Most consoles are matchmaking systems and that right there means you don't build relationships like you do on a desicated server. .02

Feb 24, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #174 of 352
From watching my ex roomies play on PC, all I saw were hackers and cheaters. Not my idea of fun.

I'll stick to being a bit more casual and being able to play laying back with a controller in my hands.

I was excited when I got my good computer, then I realized most games don't take controller inputs. That was an auto-phail for me.

Feb 24, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #175 of 352

From watching my ex roomies play on PC, all I saw were hackers and cheaters. Not my idea of fun.

I'll stick to being a bit more casual and being able to play laying back with a controller in my hands.

I was excited when I got my good computer, then I realized most games don't take controller inputs. That was an auto-phail for me.

There's programs that will allow controller support with any game or even normal PC use. I coukd find the one I used to use if you'd like.

Also, there's plenty of hackers and cheaters on consoles, too. If you play games with dedicated servers they don't last more than a minute. Heck, contribute a little to running a server and you can ban them yourself. No way to stop them unless you just leave and rejoin on consoles. Not my idea of fun.

Feb 24, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #176 of 352

Quote:
While fighting games on PC with a keyboard are pretty bad, playing them with a controller changes things. PC fighters have a ton more options via mods (or legit download packs) than a console fighter ever will. After you play a well configured game with over 200 characters on it (only possible on PC as of now) you'd change your tone. :D

Overall though, yeah I can see where you're coming from. Horror games are fairly equal I'd say, but depending on the sound quality of the game (horror games rely on sound so much) I like the extra versatility the PC offers.

Something I do think it funny though...If you play FPS on a PC and then go to a console you'll pretty much wreck anything you come across. My KD on MW on PC was something I has to fight for (for the most part)...my KD on a console is hard to not hit at least 5:1.

I agree that why I never got into them, and because you cant get Halo or GoW on a pc or at least when I started playing. Halo made me a gamer and I was a beast then mover to GoW and MW...

And it all depends on what games you play most good gamers that do consoles keep on certain games in certain lobbies, otherwise you play scrubs and get awesome KDs

Quote:
THE PC RULES ALL !
FACT !

^UMM no haha.. to each is own and the whole separation between console and pc is whatever they are all computers and it is OPINION!

Quote:
I'm a PC dude...
wink.gif

I only own a PS3 now for my BluRay collection and easy wireless Netflix streaming. Oh, and fighting games. Don't really game online with it. All my FPS is done on PC (master race). :D

Ohh I have never been one for a PC... I find them lacking and the ONLY way I would ever play one is with an xbox 360 controller and for PS3s I find the dualshock controllers so small and for baby hands 

Everything in gaming is personal preference you couldnt pay me too play only on PC

Feb 24, 2012 at 11:34 PM Post #177 of 352
Welp, I see where this is going. Please don't turn this into a console vs PC thread. I see enough of that crap everywhere else online. Neither is better as it's all subjective. 

Feb 25, 2012 at 12:28 AM Post #179 of 352
Feb 25, 2012 at 4:13 AM Post #180 of 352

Quote:

I hate leaning over a keyboard and mouse, and my hands cramp up super fast.

...makes me feel like this guy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back