Petition for a "Video Games Lounge" subforum. - IT'S LIVE
Feb 22, 2012 at 6:55 AM Post #136 of 352
I too, would like to see a sub-forum for video/computer games, not only would this be a good place to have general chat/discussions about music/sound within games, it would help new head-fiers who are looking to improve sound quality/performance/immersion so they would have a place to leave questions and ask for advice.

Feb 22, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #137 of 352
If and when it hits 200 yes votes, I'll be sending a PM to a mod/admin...

Feb 22, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #138 of 352

Quote:
If and when it hits 200 yes votes, I'll be sending a PM to a mod/admin...

why wait?  
cool.gif

Feb 23, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #143 of 352
I never even noticed this petition until now.

I think that if a videogame sub-forum would be created it would get used. There seem to be enough threads asking for headphones/soundcards for gaming and other game related theads. However, I don't really know how much it would actually add to the forum. There are other forums dedicated to gaming. You can already go there if you want to discuss games. If you want to discuss headphones/ related gear go to head-fi. Headphones for gaming are still headphones and because of that can be discussed in the headphones subforum. Soundcards are computer related so they can be discussed in the computer audio forum.

Another thing to consider is that you potentially open the floodgates for the 'gaming crowd'. I'm not one to generalize too much, but from experience I've seen there is a certain population among gamers which make me doubt the evolution theory. What I'm trying to say is that such a forum might be hard to moderate.

Since I would post in such a forum myself I voted yay, but I'm not really sure whether or not it's necessary or something this forum can do without.

Feb 23, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #144 of 352
The reason I'd like it here and not some other forum is because I'd love to talk about games with my friends HERE. Friends who have a love for headphones and the like.

Opening ourselves to the gaming crowd? What's that supposed to mean? We ARE a gaming crowd.

If it brings people to this site, then good. They can learn about quality headphones for their gaming needs, and not what they've been fed to believe... Beaches, Astros, and the like. We can educate newbies just as we've been doing.

Feb 24, 2012 at 12:49 AM Post #145 of 352
What Mad Lust Envy said. You head to a forum like GameSpot and the like, and you see tons of people with these Logitech and Razer and Astro and Tritton and so forth headsets, thinking that they're the best things ever when they may not even realize there are better options. It's sort of like how I feel with keyboards, with a lot of the "gaming" ones being overpriced rubber dome boards when they could easily buy mechanical keyswitch ones at the same price, or even less!

This is a chance to help people open their eyes and spend their money a little more wisely, now that they've been informed on what to look at and what to avoid. It's certainly not easy given a lot of the audiophile snake oil floating around and differing sound signature preferences, but it's better than nothing.

Then there's how it would declutter the rest of Head-Fi from gaming talk, for those audiophiles who just want to talk about music reproduction on their gear, and presumably not game music either.

Feb 24, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #146 of 352
8 more votes, then I'm mass messaging all the mods and admins. :D

Feb 24, 2012 at 8:10 AM Post #147 of 352
the music and sound in games are getting that good nowadays that they deserve to be in this forum.. games like crysis 2 sound out of this world and john carpenter doing the music for fear3.. game soundtracks are just getting better and better and now the phoebus has been announced with 24bit dolby home theatre 4 it will be nice to hear what people say about the sound of games.. i am using dolby home theatre 3 with my pc now and trust me on this one the phoebus should be on eveyones wish list..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back