Petition for a "Video Games Lounge" subforum. - IT'S LIVE
Feb 18, 2012 at 11:55 PM Post #121 of 352

Quote:
Eh? Why didn't anyone tell me about this poll? Lol.
I have to be completely honest. Video games are what got me into Head-fi to begin with. Gaming with headphones was #1 priority. Everything else came second. Though I've evolved and listen to music and use headphones for non-gaming purposes a lot more than I used to, gaming is still the biggest reason I'm into this hobby. I would imagine its a major reason why a lot of us are here.
I'm humbled by the many people that come to me for advice. I realize that my gaming thread actually brought a lot of people to this site (I get various pms from newbies practically every day), and now with Nameless's PC gaming guide, we can expect even more people coming to head-fi. Its a potentially huge opportunity for head-fi to bring in potential audiophiles.
A gaming sub-forum is definitely something I'd be highly interested in, and would keep me here longer than just chatting about what headphones works with what.
So yay, yay, yay.
I find it hilarious that people vote nay for a SUB-FORUM they don't have to click on. Just because you wouldn't use it, does that mean it doesn't belong? So silly.

That's EXACTLY how I got here. I'm moving out in a few months and I was looking to get rid of my crappy, old X-540 Logitech speakers and buy a gaming headset. I was advised at another website (OCN for those who use it) by someone who knew their stuff to get a sound card and a solid pair of headphones. I did some research and found this site. Somehow since then, I ended up with an HD600 for music and an HD555 for gaming. Good to see this is how others found this hobby and I'm not just crazy. 

Almost everyone plays games. It would be odd to not having a sub-forum for gaming. 

Feb 19, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #122 of 352
I'm definitely adding this petition to my sig, adding it to my gaming thread, as well as advertising it as much as I can, when I get home.

Why hasn't anything happened yet?

BTW, I would guess the reason it doesn't have many votes is because people wouldn't normally goto this sub-forum. Hell, *I* didn't know until now, and I am one who has deep personal interest on this subject.

BTW, Fatal Frame... the only game series that scared me enough not to continue playing it. I don't scare easily.

Feb 19, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #123 of 352

Quote:
BTW, Fatal Frame... the only game series that scared me enough not to continue playing it. I don't scare easily.

I was never a huge fan of Fatal Frame. They did a great job setting the atmosphere but the mechanics still made it feel slightly more action oriented than I would have liked for a horror game. Did you give Siren a try? It took a little patience to get into but it was a damn good game if you worked at it.

Feb 19, 2012 at 12:54 AM Post #125 of 352
Another thing I believe needs to be done on the sub-forums is that posts shouldn't add to the total count, because I'm sure these miscellaneous sections have probably made a lot of Headphoneus Supremus members out of those who barely talk about audio, lol.

I'm not a fan of posts counts anyway. E-penises and all that.

Feb 19, 2012 at 5:44 AM Post #127 of 352
Who do we have to talk to to get this to come up? It's been almost half a year.

Feb 19, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #129 of 352
It's Jude and Uncle Eric as far as I know.

Feb 20, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #131 of 352
It's a really good idea. I want the most/best out of something audio wise. Isn't that what head-fi is all about? Mad Lust Envy's thread is why I'm here in the first place. Two months ago the best headphones I owned were some SkullCandy Agents. I've sold those and now own some Stax, Sennheiser and Beyerdynamics.

Feb 20, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #132 of 352

Jude and Uncle Erik have both posted in this thread before, actually. They said they were on board. Surprised we haven't seen it happen yet.

Quote:
Based on my experience with other forums I would say the best bet is to PM a site mod or admin but I don't see them listed anywhere.

Feb 20, 2012 at 8:00 PM Post #133 of 352
This sub-forum should be made.  There are more than enough gamers on here to warrant it.  Have mods/admins been PMed yet?

Feb 20, 2012 at 9:56 PM Post #134 of 352
I've played video games less than 10 times in my life but I think that this is an excellent idea. 

Feb 22, 2012 at 3:38 AM Post #135 of 352
Along with attracting more people to the forums, it would clean up the remaining sections of the site as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back