PETEREK (formerly cCasperTFG) MOD & Cable Thread
May 26, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #166 of 551

Just got the cable for my Z5

Thank you bro! 

Mmmm... The cables from Brandon just keep getting better and better. Enjoy!

- InsanityOne 
ksc75smile.gif

May 31, 2016 at 3:09 PM Post #167 of 551
  Shipped my TH-X00 to him today.  Going to get the 2.5mm mod and have the stock cable modified to balanced XLR with the remaining foot or so of cable made into a XLR to 1/4 single ended adapter. 

Can not wait to try them out when he is done...

They came home today.  I could not be more pleased with the end product, communication and service I received.

I would highly recommend Peterek to anyone. 

May 31, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #169 of 551
I've asked him if he did any beauty shots if would he send them to me.  He hasn't yet.  When I get a chance I will try to take a couple and post them.

I am really happy with how they turned out.

So much so I am going to send him my TH500RP's and have them done too...

Jun 1, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #171 of 551

Quote:

How about some pictures
biggrin.gif

I've asked him if he did any beauty shots if would he send them to me.  He hasn't yet.  When I get a chance I will try to take a couple and post them.

I am really happy with how they turned out.

So much so I am going to send him my TH500RP's and have them done too...

He does not take shots of every job any longer.  However here is are a couple shots of a set he did.  Mine are exactly like this:

They turned out really nice...

Jun 1, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #172 of 551

He does not take shots of every job any longer.  However here is are a couple shots of a set he did.  Mine are exactly like this:

They turned out really nice...

Fostex mods looking great as always. Be sure to post pictures of your TH-500RP's as well! I haven't seen any mods done to those yet, I've barely seen any owners of them here on Head-Fi either to be honest!

- InsanityOne 
o2smile.gif

Jun 1, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #173 of 551

Fostex mods looking great as always. Be sure to post pictures of your TH-500RP's as well! I haven't seen any mods done to those yet, I've barely seen any owners of them here on Head-Fi either to be honest!

- InsanityOne 
o2smile.gif

Spoke to Peterek about the TH500RP's and he said he had only modded one set.  He did a removable cable mod using SMC (Hifiman screw type) connectors.  While those would be OK I prefer the 2.5mm.

Since this will be the first set he has done like this he said he would take some photos upon completion.  I post the here for all to see...

Jun 1, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #174 of 551
  Spoke to Peterek about the TH500RP's and he said he had only modded one set.  He did a removable cable mod using SMS connectors.  While those would be OK I prefer the 2.5mm.

Since this will be the first set he has done like this he said he would take some photos upon completion.  I post the here for all to see...

SMS connectors? or should it have been SMC connectors?  The only SMS connectors I've seen are quite large and used for industrial applications.

Jun 1, 2016 at 7:32 PM Post #175 of 551
  SMS connectors? or should it have been SMC connectors?  The only SMS connectors I've seen are quite large and used for industrial applications.

Yes David.  Should have been SMC.  Fat finger typing...

Jun 8, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #179 of 551
  Brandon just sold me his personal Complement 4 Fusion cable that he had made for himself (using wiring from DHC) re-terminate from SE to balanced and also got some termination adaptors and an ultra-short Audeze to old Hifiman connection.

Beautiful work by Brandon.

Could not be happier!

Phew... That is the most amazing cable I have seen from Brandon yet! I wonder how much time that one took to create. It looks so awesome! Enjoy!

- InsanityOne 
o2smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back