PETEREK (formerly cCasperTFG) MOD & Cable Thread
Apr 12, 2016 at 4:45 AM Post #136 of 551
I have a pair of HD600's coming, they already have a Cardas copy cable...I KNOW I'll hate that speckled look though, I should send them to Peterek for a nice paint job!

Apr 12, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #137 of 551
  I have a pair of HD600's coming, they already have a Cardas copy cable...I KNOW I'll hate that speckled look though, I should send them to Peterek for a nice paint job!

He'll make them look really nice. He recently did a webcast on him recabling my earbuds. It's crazy how much time and precision he puts into his work. He spent I think 2 hours recabling just 4 feet. The end result was nothing short of amazing. 

Apr 16, 2016 at 2:05 AM Post #138 of 551
Love the feel and look of this cable from PETEREK!

Apr 16, 2016 at 2:52 AM Post #140 of 551
  nice cable but the splitter looks a little large?

It's a little large, but it's very light (even for being metal [aluminum?]). This cable, with the ViaBlue splitter, is lighter than the DUM cable.

I'd argue that because the cables themselves are so light, it needs a little weight to keep them in place.

Apr 16, 2016 at 2:59 AM Post #141 of 551

It's a little large, but it's very light (even for being metal [aluminum?]). This cable, with the ViaBlue splitter, is lighter than the DUM cable.

I'd argue that because the cables themselves are so light, it needs a little weight to keep them in place.

that makes sense actually.

Apr 16, 2016 at 10:56 PM Post #142 of 551
Pioneer HRM-7 balanced. Not sure if he messed with my tuning... prob did but it may sound better since the bass was distorted and I hadn't really finished modding em yet(pads were on prior to peterek and are ZMF Cowhide pads). 
Here is before:

Here is after:

Peterek's last JVC DX1000 modd I was told. Sent these in a while ago and they are a pain to work on. 

Apr 17, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #143 of 551
  Pioneer HRM-7 balanced. Not sure if he messed with my tuning... prob did but it may sound better since the bass was distorted and I hadn't really finished modding em yet(pads were on prior to peterek and are ZMF Cowhide pads). 
Here is before:

Here is after:

Peterek's last JVC DX1000 modd I was told. Sent these in a while ago and they are a pain to work on. 

Shame to hear about the JVC DX-1000 / DX-2000 mods as they are a very attractive headphone! But hey, if they are too tedious and require more hours of work than its worth than I can totally relate. But I have never seen a pair of those Pioneer's before but they look sweet! Another great pair of headphones by @PETEREK!

- InsanityOne 
k701smile.gif

Apr 19, 2016 at 2:10 AM Post #145 of 551
Apr 28, 2016 at 9:37 PM Post #146 of 551
I wish I could join in all the exaltation that is going on here but I can't. I have had quite an unpleasant experience.

After being stringed along for two weeks, hearing how he (Peterek) had been busy with his "full time 12 hour days job" and his "getting ready for his wedding", I had to push a little and demanded my money back. In a moment after that I received a reply to the effect that he was "minutes from being finished" with my headphones. And now just look at this marvelous asymmetrical, jagged hole - https://someimage.com/jjovdIH.

Absolutely unreliable and unscrupulous person. I regret dealing with him.

Apr 28, 2016 at 10:05 PM Post #148 of 551
I wish I could join in all the exaltation that is going on here but I can't. I have had quite an unpleasant experience.

After being stringed along for two weeks, hearing how he (Peterek) had been busy with his "full time 12 hour days job" and his "getting ready for his wedding", I had to push a little and demanded my money back. In a moment after that I received a reply to the effect that he was "minutes from being finished" with my headphones. And now just look at this marvelous asymmetrical, jagged hole - https://someimage.com/jjovdIH.

wow yeah man that looks so bad! dude I would get a lawyer! this is such an outrage! I mean dude!

#Satire if you can't tell. instead of showing such a close up of the job making it look like it was a bad job. How about you provide some other shots of the mod done. and not try to provide some media shot to make it look like it was a bad job done. Also next time Go to another site and sign up and bitch there. Peterek has done some great work for all of us that have sent him cans and we all had patience to wait.

btw, I demand you work 12 hour shifts and get married all at the same time while dealing with someone like you not having the patience to wait a little while longer for a mod. Its a hobby of his, not his job. he didn't have to do schiit for you

Apr 28, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #149 of 551

Can't really tell from the image but it looks pretty good, can't see any jagged hole or it being asymmetrical.  Seen way worse workmanship from larger businesses that do modding as a full time job.

Apr 28, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #150 of 551

Hold  up..

I have got to be the single biggest most demanding ******* on this site.  The experience with him was the best.  He's a big boy so he can defend himself but 12 hour days and marriage are life.
I woulda sent a pic of something I wasn't cool with and see what happened. Out him in a thread about him (his work)?  Bad juju. Use the PM system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back