PETEREK (formerly cCasperTFG) MOD & Cable Thread
Apr 28, 2016 at 11:56 PM Post #151 of 551
Honestly PETEREK does "custom" work. There is no manual or guidebook or instruction set that allows the man to do each and every mod he does perfectly every single time. Just because a drill hole isn't 100% circular or the mod wasn't completed in your specific time frame doesn't mean that all of his work is shoddy. Also another thing to note is that when you drill into the plastic that most headphones are made out of it melts. It is quite a feat to get the holes as close to perfect as he does.

Honestly I prefer to keep my main headphones around and send PETEREK any secondary headphones I purchased for modding. This way if he ends up keeping them for a few months I am not without a good pair of cans to listen to. But maybe that is also because whenever I send any cans to him I just give him a baseline of what I want and then say "after that, do something I have never seen before, I want to see something completely one off." In my opinion the wait has always been worth it. Especially with my T5p's and my Fostex TH-600's before them.

- InsanityOne 
darthsmile.gif

Apr 29, 2016 at 12:21 AM Post #152 of 551
  I wish I could join in all the exaltation that is going on here but I can't. I have had quite an unpleasant experience.

After being stringed along for two weeks, hearing how he (Peterek) had been busy with his "full time 12 hour days job" and his "getting ready for his wedding", I had to push a little and demanded my money back. In a moment after that I received a reply to the effect that he was "minutes from being finished" with my headphones. And now just look at this marvelous asymmetrical, jagged hole - https://someimage.com/jjovdIH.

Absolutely unreliable and unscrupulous person. I regret dealing with him.

This is so disparate from my experience with Brandon. He made me an absolutely perfect, stellar balanced IEM cable, communication was great and delivered on time, at far less that I'd have paid from most other sources. He also has made me a few adapters, one of which didn't work correctly. I PM'd him (very bad form to complain in a public forum unltil you've used PM to give him a chance to satisfy you). In my case, he immediately replaced the adapter with an upgraded version at NO COST to me. I'm sorry you've had a bad experience but not sure the name calling (unscrupulous?) is warranted on a public forum. 

Apr 29, 2016 at 5:30 AM Post #153 of 551
He is learning to cope with fame on top of everything else that is going on in his life. Let's cut the young man some slack. I'm not defending him as he also have my phones for more than 2 months already. He will catch up after his honeymoon. Cheers.

May 4, 2016 at 11:27 PM Post #154 of 551
I've been ordering from peterek for a while now. I know him on first name basis. And he told me he couldn't take any more orders until he finishings his current orders. He told me he hopes to take orders starting July. 

May 15, 2016 at 1:56 AM Post #158 of 551
May 17, 2016 at 10:40 AM Post #160 of 551
May 17, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #162 of 551
Shipped my TH-X00 to him today.  Going to get the 2.5mm mod and have the stock cable modified to balanced XLR with the remaining foot or so of cable made into a XLR to 1/4 single ended adapter. 

Can not wait to try them out when he is done...

May 17, 2016 at 8:57 PM Post #163 of 551
Thanks Change! Got in touch with him, will probably have Massdrop ship my TH-X00s directly to him for the mod. So excited! What's his turnaround on this kind of mod, generally? 

Yeah, I had Massdrop send mine to him as well to save on shipping. Not sure how long his turnaround times are as of late, though. I know he's been pretty busy.

Shipped my TH-X00 to him today.  Going to get the 2.5mm mod and have the stock cable modified to balanced XLR with the remaining foot or so of cable made into a XLR to 1/4 single ended adapter. 

Can not wait to try them out when he is done...

His Fostex mods surely are awesome! :D

May 26, 2016 at 1:37 AM Post #165 of 551
Looks great! Nice photos as well...enjoy, man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back