PETEREK (formerly cCasperTFG) MOD & Cable Thread
Jun 8, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #181 of 551

Phew... That is the most amazing cable I have seen from Brandon yet! I wonder how much time that one took to create. It looks so awesome! Enjoy!

- InsanityOne 
o2smile.gif

Not gonna lie, I think that's the most beautiful cable I've seen. I'm not even a big fan of orange (at all, really) but the build on it is absolutely stunning. Great work, I'm very jealous.

Jun 10, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #182 of 551
He's making me a simple looking Mogami cable for my AKG q701 which is being modded for balanced application by him as well.
Never cared for those "exposed braided" cables.

Jun 18, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #183 of 551
Some updated shots of my TH900 after getting it back from PETEREK.

I had already gotten him to do a HD800 connector detachable cable mod + modding the stock TH900 cable with 4-pin XLR.

This time around I got PETEREK to install items that I ordered from Lawton Audio (Jet Black African Ebony cups, leather ear pads and tuning kit inside the cups).

As usual, great work from PETEREK. Happy with how the headphones are looking and sounding!

Jun 18, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #185 of 551
  @pervysage, really nice, did you go with the HD-800 style connectors so you could also use your HD-800 cable?

Yes, I was planning on getting some aftermarket cables (still have yet to do this, thinking Norne Audio). I thought it would be nice if I could share the aftermarket cables between my HD800's and TH900! Came out pretty nice!

For others it might just be easier to go with 2.5/3.5mm connectors or some of the other more common connectors that can be seen in this thread. They are lower profile and probably much easier to install. PETEREK did a great job with these though.

Jun 18, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #187 of 551
@pervysage they look really sharp, and as usual great work from Brandon. Why did you decide to swap the ear cups? I think the stock cups are pretty awesome as it is. Will be sending in my TH-900s soon as well, looking forward to it.

Was just looking to experiment with something new on the TH900. They have always been a favorite headphone of mine and I have had them for almost 3 years now in stock form. Have had them since September of 2013.

Basically caught the upgrade-itis bug 
biggrin.gif
 At first it was just that I wanted to get the cable changed to balanced 4-pin XLR, from there all these other ideas came into my mind.

The stock cups are indeed nice. Swapping cups brings something new to the table and there are some pretty fantastic looking aftermarket cups out there. Another plus is that these particular cups from Lawton Audio are wider than the stock ones, resulting in a wider sound stage and other sonic improvements. I picked these particular cups because I thought an all blacked-out TH900 would look pretty nice.

Jun 18, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #188 of 551
Was just looking to experiment with something new on the TH900. They have always been a favorite headphone of mine and I have had them for almost 3 years now in stock form. Have had them since September of 2013.

Basically caught the upgrade-itis bug :D  At first it was just that I wanted to get the cable changed to balanced 4-pin XLR, from there all these other ideas came into my mind.

The stock cups are indeed nice. Swapping cups brings something new to the table and there are some pretty fantastic looking aftermarket cups out there. Another plus is that these particular cups from Lawton Audio are wider than the stock ones, resulting in a wider sound stage and other sonic improvements. I picked these particular cups because I thought an all blacked-out TH900 would look pretty nice.

I see, I see. They certainly look good, but I just can't say goodbye to the Urushi lacquer cups. Enjoy your 900s, looking forward to having mine modded too.

Jun 18, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #189 of 551

Yes, I was planning on getting some aftermarket cables (still have yet to do this, thinking Norne Audio). I thought it would be nice if I could share the aftermarket cables between my HD800's and TH900! Came out pretty nice!

For others it might just be easier to go with 2.5/3.5mm connectors or some of the other more common connectors that can be seen in this thread. They are lower profile and probably much easier to install. PETEREK did a great job with these though.

I went the SMC route, small and no cutting needed plus the SMC connectors are way cheaper and easier to work with than the HD-800 ones

Jun 28, 2016 at 7:32 PM Post #190 of 551
I wanted to take a moment to give a shout out to Peterek for his great work. I had some issues with my order, which he quickly turned around fixes for. I then had a 2nd issue with the fixed item, which I think was the result of a defective part that only showed up under certain circumstances. Instead of complaining about it here, I went directly to Peterek and he took care of everything by going way above and beyond my expectations. I was impressed throughout the process with his communication and turn-around times. Not only does he do great work, but he stands behind his work and will take care of any issues quickly. At the end of the day it's how you take care of your customers when issues arise that really matters. A few friendly messages back and forth and everything was squared away. Now for some eye candy!

Thanks Peterek!

Jul 2, 2016 at 12:08 AM Post #191 of 551
Just had these done.

He does great work...

Jul 2, 2016 at 12:32 AM Post #192 of 551
  Just had these done.

He does great work...

Now there is a headphone that you don't see very often! The mods are looking great as always! Enjoy!

- Insan1tyOne 
dt880smile.png

Jul 2, 2016 at 4:04 AM Post #193 of 551

Now there is a headphone that you don't see very often! The mods are looking great as always! Enjoy!

- Insan1tyOne 
dt880smile.png

You are right.  They are actually a very underrated set of headphones.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back