Pet Peeves/Venting
Aug 22, 2009 at 6:25 PM Post #61 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ugh! I know!!!

It always cracked me up. I always had old DIVORCED ladies and middle-aged DIVORCED men giving me advice about relationships.
confused_face_2.gif

A guy I knew would always be giving me advice about chicks and what I should be doing or was doing wrong. Turns out he married the only girl he was with (and she cheats on him).
confused_face_2.gif

The only advice about relationships I trust are from people who have been happily married for 25 + years.

Heh, I've never had advice given to me, seeing as I'm single. Even if l wasn't, I'd be sure to do the opposite.

Aug 23, 2009 at 10:51 AM Post #62 of 83
night and day comparisons/differences in the last 5-10% of audio gears....get a grip!!!

Taxi drivers who use the opportunity to corner me and talk my F^%kn ear off about their inane little existence, when I have hired a cab so I can not only get somewhere more quickly/efficiently, but so i do not have to put up with public transport. this is not a sweeping statement against cab drivers, as I have had some very interesting and intelligent conversations with cabbies over the years.

Cab drivers who pretend not to know where they are going when they have a GPS unit in the car, so they can 'miss' a turn

Burying my favorite Cat ever 'Paddington' today and not getting to say goodbye
angry_face.gif
triportsad.gif
:actually sad: That REALLY pisses me off!!!!

the fact this forum has no sad face emoticon!!!

People who drive too fast in back streets while taking a short-cut that saves a matter of 20 seconds; then dont stop when they hit something!!!

Laws that prevent me from taking revenge on ^^ those people

Mob Rules

Having to explain to people that I am being facetious, rather than serious. (not the case now)

Having to stop at this one because I feel I should

Aug 23, 2009 at 9:50 PM Post #64 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Taxi drivers who use the opportunity to corner me and talk my F^%kn ear off about their inane little existence, when I have hired a cab so I can not only get somewhere more quickly/efficiently, but so i do not have to put up with public transport. this is not a sweeping statement against cab drivers, as I have had some very interesting and intelligent conversations with cabbies over the years.

Second that, but I only find the banter annoying if they automatically assume I give a **** about the local football team (or football at all). Where I live, many cabbies are Somalis, Eritreans, and Ethiopians with PhDs from their homelands in many cases, so not only are they intelligent, but don't follow American football, which I find to be a winning combo.

Aug 23, 2009 at 9:54 PM Post #65 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberidd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Drivers who refuse to give cyclists the legally required space, and who get angry when a cyclist uses the area out from the curb that is dedicated for the use of cyclists. And people who don't wear helmets.

Other peoples' helmet wearing or non-wearing is an issue because? (If you cycle in Europe, prepare for perpetual peevation--not much helmet-wearing there.)

Aug 24, 2009 at 1:57 AM Post #66 of 83
People who buy really nice stuff, but don't set it up properly. Examples:

One of my friends has a beautiful, ~52 inch plasma HDTV, but had SD cable coming into it through a coaxial cable, along with an Xbox 360 plugged in through composite and a DVD player that wasn't even capable of upscaling. It looked really good! /sarcasm

The parents of another friend of mine have an excellent 5.1 speaker system, but have all of the speakers placed terribly. Some are directly behind chairs and couches, and the center channel is waaaay off centered. Grrrrr.

If you're going to spend >$5000 buying nice toys, why not spend 15 minutes making everything work the way that it should?

Aug 24, 2009 at 4:10 AM Post #67 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by | Scorpio | /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you're going to spend >$5000 buying nice toys, why not spend 15 minutes making everything work the way that it should?

Ignorance.

Aug 24, 2009 at 5:35 AM Post #70 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by West726 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
People at Inglourious Basterds tonight who kept explaining things to each other.

"That's Hitler."
"He's German."
"Where are they taking him?" "I don't know."

You reminded me of another one:
As I'm walking out of the theater after seeing Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (the Movie adaptation of the sixth book in the series, for those not in the know) some jerk starts loudly explaining to his friend certain critical portions of the plot of the seventh, and final, book! I felt like saying, "HEY! MORON! Some people haven't read that book! Some people aren't planning on reading the book, which is exactly why they're going to the movies! At least wait until you're out of the building before you start spoiling the plot for everyone!" Instead I just turned to my brother, rolled my eyes, and said loudly, "Spoiler alert!" Unfortunately, I don't think the spoiler heard me, and my brother had no clue what I was talking about. Oh well.
And by the way, nothing was spoiled for me, since I've read the books already anyway. It's just the principle of it!
mad.gif

Aug 26, 2009 at 2:42 AM Post #71 of 83
Passive aggression.

When people pretend they know what they're talking about.

People who quote comedians or funny lines from movies, which in turn makes them look like an idiot. Even worse when they forget/mess up the joke.

People who pretend to be humble about things, but do a bad job so you can tell they're really narcissists who hate themselves.

People who believe something with nothing to back it up.

Losing things.

Breaking things.

Overbearing cologne/perfume (I think somebody said this)

People who "compensate" for themselves with possessions.

Celebrity gossip magazines.

Mainstream media.

Plus plenty more!

Aug 26, 2009 at 3:21 AM Post #72 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Linthicum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
People who see my images and comment, "You must have an awesome camera! Which one is that then?".

Hmm, I'm sure I'll run into that at some point...

And when I'm asked, I'll be sure to answer something like
A) Kodak Easyshare, or an HP Photosmart.

or, B) give them the real answer, shove it in their face, and tell them to try and take a decent photo. In Manual.

Aug 26, 2009 at 3:53 AM Post #73 of 83
Oh man, pet peeves... I'll keep my list as short as possible (I'm pretty neurotic):

Closed mindedness

Lateness

Blatant acts of stupidity in the presence of the opposite sex

Losing things (I hadn't lost anything at school in 6 years, so when I lost three different valuable articles during finals week last semester...
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
)

People who don't wear helmets

People who don't use turn signals

Hearing people say, "very unique."

Hearing the word 'said' used to reference something previously mentioned, said usage of said drives me crazy
wink.gif
(I have no idea why)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back