Pet Peeves/Venting
Aug 20, 2009 at 1:09 PM Post #31 of 83
I'll chime in with some more driving pet peeves that have already been called out:

Can't stand it when someone passes me, moves back into my lane in front of me then slows down. Drives me nuts and it happens often when I'm on the thruway.

What pisses me off more than tailgaters are those who tailgate but the left lane is totally empty for them to pass me.

I also can't stand people who cut their turns. I nearly got hit on my motorcycle when I came to an intersection and someone was making a left onto the road I was on but started turning before the corner. I see this all the time. In the same category, people often go over the center line on left-hand curves.

I've been driving for over 25 years and the percentage of poor driving has dramatically increased over the past 10 years. One of the reasons I hate riding on thruways and highways on my motorcycle.

Aug 20, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #32 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
People who don't re-rack the weights in the weight room, leaving 45 lb. plates on the bar.

Oh man, how could I forget this? The worst will occur at the leg press and calf raise machines, where without fail some dipwad will leave an ego stack; as if my grandpa couldn't pump 400 lb's.

Aug 20, 2009 at 5:37 PM Post #34 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What pisses me off more than tailgaters are those who tailgate but the left lane is totally empty for them to pass me.

I usually slow down a fair bit when this happens just to annoy the other driver. I hate it when people tailgate me at 75MPH. It's beyond unsafe.

Aug 20, 2009 at 7:21 PM Post #36 of 83
Here's 1:

People who proudly perpetrate negative stereotypes. I've known rich, poor, black, white, brown, old, young; nowadays there's always a few who seem to think it's okay not only to act like an ignorant fool, but also to bask in it's offensiveness.

Aug 20, 2009 at 7:21 PM Post #37 of 83
Quote:

I also can't stand people who cut their turns.

One of my driving peeves are people who pull up too far at intersections.
biggrin.gif

Aug 20, 2009 at 9:45 PM Post #38 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh man, how could I forget this? The worst will occur at the leg press and calf raise machines, where without fail some dipwad will leave an ego stack; as if my grandpa couldn't pump 400 lb's.

It's particularly bad in our gym, because it's not a hard-core gym, but more or a family-type gym, so you have 110 lb. women who want to use the leg press machine, and they have to struggle to pull off 450 lbs. off the machine (or I have to interrupt my workout to help them). And it's getting worse every day.

Aug 20, 2009 at 9:46 PM Post #39 of 83
Quote:

I'll chime in with some more driving pet peeves that have already been called out:

Can't stand it when someone passes me, moves back into my lane in front of me then slows down. Drives me nuts and it happens often when I'm on the thruway.

X2
mad.gif

Aug 20, 2009 at 10:04 PM Post #40 of 83
My biggest pet peeve ever is "political correctness".

Aug 21, 2009 at 3:13 AM Post #43 of 83
  1. People driving slow in the middle or left lane of a three-lane highway
  2. People that block the aisle with their shopping cart at the supermarket
  3. People that phone early on a Saturday or Sunday morning
  4. Gears (as in I have a lot of gears)
  5. People that litter
  6. Neighbors that don't cut their grass and keep their yards well maintained!
  7. [size=xx-small]People that leave their Christmas Lights up all year! (especially Icicle lights!)[/size]

Aug 21, 2009 at 5:12 AM Post #44 of 83
^ My family leaves the christmas lights up year round as they double as on-court lighting for the driveway basketball hoop for shooting hoops after dark. Its more useful in the summer than winter!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back