Pet Peeves/Venting
Aug 19, 2009 at 3:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 83

Pm@c

500+ Head-Fier
Not sure if there is a Pet Peeves thread yet, if not, here goes:

My most recent pet peeve is (I am a computer support technician) when all my customers talk about how much they dont know about computers blah blah blah, well that is all fine and dandy, but when I use the word "Default" how does nobody know what that means?

I tried to tell someone that Firefox by default puts new downloads in a certain location compared to IE that lets you choose where to put the file, and they were like "default? what does that mean?"... read a DICTIONARY!

Phew, got that off my chest, anyone else have any pet peeves or any venting to do?
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 19, 2009 at 4:04 PM Post #2 of 83
Pet peeve threads really chap my thighs...

wink.gif

jay kay, jay kay, semicolon closed parenthesis

The guy who storms ahead in the right hand lane on the freeway when he knows that the lane is merging, but races to the top anyway just so he can beat the traffic. D-bag.

Aug 19, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #4 of 83
people that don't leave tip at a restaurants.

Aug 19, 2009 at 6:04 PM Post #6 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The guy who storms ahead in the right hand lane on the freeway when he knows that the lane is merging, but races to the top anyway just so he can beat the traffic. D-bag.

My main source of income right now is as a truck driver so I have to agree with you there.

The other thing that really grinds my gears right now is people who text while driving.

Aug 19, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #7 of 83
People who throw their cigarette butts out of their car window in So. Calif. near the coast when everyone here knows that anything thrown out on the streets here ends up in the ocean.
angry_face.gif

People who drive slow in the left lane of traffic.

People who don't use their turn signal, especially when making a left turn at a four-way stop.

People who don't re-rack the weights in the weight room, leaving 45 lb. plates on the bar.
angry_face.gif

Oh, and yes, people who text while driving and drive 10 mph below the speed limit making us all wait while they finish their text.
angry_face.gif
angry_face.gif

Aug 19, 2009 at 6:09 PM Post #8 of 83
My friends who always think that I have a car to use, and expect me to drive them places, then I tell them, "I never have a car on weekday's" and they say, "but you always have a car" BECAUSE I HAVE ONE TO USE ON THE WEEKENDS!!!!!!

Aug 19, 2009 at 6:25 PM Post #9 of 83
Idiots who only share my age and subsequently give me a bad rap.

Hooray for teenage life
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 19, 2009 at 10:13 PM Post #10 of 83
Hockey fans. The sport itself I can stand, the fans though...

(I know, ironic as I'm Canadian.)

Aug 19, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #11 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by moogoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hockey fans. The sport itself I can stand, the fans though...

(I know, ironic as I'm Canadian.)

I apologize if I have offended you in any way :p

Aug 19, 2009 at 11:05 PM Post #12 of 83
Texting while driving, in class, walking, eating, or basically anytime. Leaving cigarette butts on the ground, they do NOT magically disappear like people think they do. And finally smoking on the Iowa State campus which is illegal as it is a public university.

Edit: Iowa has a statewide smoking ban that applies to the entire grounds of ISU.

Aug 20, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #15 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
People who throw their cigarette butts out of their car window in So. Calif. near the coast when everyone here knows that anything thrown out on the streets here ends up in the ocean.
angry_face.gif

People who drive slow in the left lane of traffic.

People who don't use their turn signal, especially when making a left turn at a four-way stop.

People who don't re-rack the weights in the weight room, leaving 45 lb. plates on the bar.
angry_face.gif

Oh, and yes, people who text while driving and drive 10 mph below the speed limit making us all wait while they finish their text.
angry_face.gif
angry_face.gif

Take the bus!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back