Periodic Audio IEMs Mg, Ti, Be, C
Oct 30, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #947 of 1,454
Hello.

What are the stock foam tips that ship with the Periodic Audio Be? Are they available separately? They seem to work really well with another pair of headphones i have.
We make our own! Soon we'll have a stock option for people to buy tips from us - we actually get a surprising number of requests for all our tip options...

Nov 2, 2018 at 6:13 AM Post #948 of 1,454
@raysclim1568 - Really happy to help! About your question, I am not quite sure what each of their options mean, and what kind of warranty applies to each. It would be best to ask @DanWiggins who is a rep for Periodic Audio, or send them a mail, since they would know best :)

@DanWiggins - What does each of your stock options mean, and what kind of warranty do they carry?

Nov 2, 2018 at 6:36 AM Post #949 of 1,454
We have people requesting replacement versions of all our tips - foam, single flange, and dual flange. In all sizes. So we have 9 different options (small/medium/large for each of the 3 styles) we're going to do. No warranty on these parts - they are effectively disposable, and earwax is acidic (oleic acid) so it will break down any urethane or silicone over time!

Nov 2, 2018 at 6:51 AM Post #950 of 1,454
We have people requesting replacement versions of all our tips - foam, single flange, and dual flange. In all sizes. So we have 9 different options (small/medium/large for each of the 3 styles) we're going to do. No warranty on these parts - they are effectively disposable, and earwax is acidic (oleic acid) so it will break down any urethane or silicone over time!

raysclim1568 said:
Thanks for the absolutely reference review material . I am so hype and jump into Periodic website to place order for Be. I also realized that there's 3 option for the same IEM , which is NEW / refurnished / restock ... for best value of the buck , i selected the re-stock version which is lowest priced. should I be worried about the quality reduced on the cheaper option ? does the 5 years warranty applies on the refurnished and re-stock Stock ?

No about the tips, but the IEMs themselves. I got a question on my review on Be today, and I think you know best how to answer it :)

Nov 2, 2018 at 7:04 AM Post #951 of 1,454
Ahhh - I see now. New is just that, new. Ready to go, the V2 cable, V2 packaging, easier-to-see grille colors. Same great acoustics as we rolled out with.

V1 are version 1 units, with the older cable, packaging, and painted (rather than plated) woven wire mesh grilles (rather than chem etched grilles). These are the original acoustics we rolled with.

B stock are V2 units, but with cosmetic blemishes. Mainly these are slightly misaligned rear caps or small glue drips on the bodies. 100% functional and perfect acoustics.

All have the same 5 year US warranty.

Nov 3, 2018 at 8:39 PM Post #952 of 1,454
Hi all,
Read back few pages and seeing ear-tips misery on these lovely earphones.
I found the Sennheiser ie80 ear-tips are perfect for them. Especially the double flange for sound, but for fit on nozzle it's just like made for that any of these tips.
By the way I made custom molding https://www.radians.com/radsite/ind...-products/item/radians-custom-molded-earplugs for my BE, because it deserves.

IMG_20181103_161453.jpg
IMG_20181103_161519.jpg
IMG_20181103_163901.jpg
IMG_20181103_173647.jpg

Comfort is top notch and the audio listening experience as well.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2018 at 6:44 PM Post #954 of 1,454
Hmm, but won't this block the front vent and make them bassier?

Well, yes that is blocked (was blocked), and caused driver flex.That's why I cut that little hole (looks crack) you can see on the last picture. So now the fit in for good sound look like, place and fit the mold in the ear, than twist a little that, also little jaw move, and done.
The changes in the sound are; Little less reverb at the sub base (silicon ear-tips own attributes, perhaps), little faster low end, maybe more details here. Little less sparks at the high end, but not less details. More accurate focus centred sound stage. (The sound stage was the main goal, and achieved).
Generally no any change on the EQ of the BE and on its sound characteristic.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2018 at 7:48 PM Post #956 of 1,454
I have spent quite a bit of time with the Carbon as an early tester. It is an interesting IEM, the SQ is one that will be debated endlessly, I think. It definitely needs to be heard rather than described in order to make a yea or nay opinion on whether or not it suits your listening preferences.

Dec 2, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #959 of 1,454
Hi,

I just want to share something to those who used the Dragonfly Red with the Be IEM’s and are discouraged that in some upfront or not so good recordings it sounds too sterile and unrelenting.. Well, I have recently tried it with the Ifi Isilencer 3, and it opened things up considerably especially in the mids and highs and gave a more relaxed open quality to acoustic recordings. It’s not a pricey upgrade IMO.. Another thing is I used this adapter for an Iphone:

https://www.amazon.com/ElementDigital-Lightning-Adapter-Version-Upgrade/dp/B073CHW8X7

It works well with the DFR + Isilencer 3, but sadly not with other devices (not MFI certified..) But it sounds better than the Apple CCK to my ears that’s for sure.

Regards

Dec 5, 2018 at 6:14 AM Post #960 of 1,454
We have the whole Periodic range in stock in the UK, we also have demo models in our demo room on the south coast.

As I have said previously, I really enjoy the Periodic range and love the ethos behind the brand :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back