Periodic Audio IEMs Mg, Ti, Be, C
Jul 26, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #826 of 1,454
this listing on Amazon says it was first listed on July 2017, so i was wondering if it's the updated version? https://www.amazon.com/Periodic-Audio-Be-Beryllium/dp/B073TVZRV4

sorry for the annoying Q's, cheers... Seems to be out of stock on the Periodic Audio site.

How is Periodic Audio going to know if a retailer still has stock from before the cable change? Try contacting the seller.

Unless they are not selling many of these headphones it is probably a safe bet they have the new version.

Jul 26, 2018 at 3:59 PM Post #827 of 1,454
this listing on Amazon says it was first listed on July 2017, so i was wondering if it's the updated version? https://www.amazon.com/Periodic-Audio-Be-Beryllium/dp/B073TVZRV4

sorry for the annoying Q's, cheers... Seems to be out of stock on the Periodic Audio site.
They have V2s - all our dealers have V2s. We are the only ones left with V1 cable systems.

We do not normally stock new products on our own site; we keep our dealers well-stocked. We handle older V1s and cosmetic blemishes.

Jul 27, 2018 at 9:31 AM Post #828 of 1,454
They have V2s - all our dealers have V2s. We are the only ones left with V1 cable systems.

We do not normally stock new products on our own site; we keep our dealers well-stocked. We handle older V1s and cosmetic blemishes.

Thanks Dan! ready to pull the trigger on these i think.

@Roscoeiii seems you underestimate Periodic Audio!

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2018 at 2:17 AM Post #836 of 1,454
What is the difference between v1 and v2? and visual differences?
Per it's cable, splitter, plug, slight change to the color of the Ti end cap, and no changes to the sonics.

Jul 31, 2018 at 3:23 AM Post #840 of 1,454
Diamond vs Berilium, is there any penalty besides a lower level of efficiency?
It's a really different sound. Be is plenty bassy itself, but C applies an extra thick coating of deep smooth bassiness which may not be ideal for all types of music and certainly isn't ideal for all tastes — Dan says people either love them or hate them.

The way Dan explained it to me (approximately; these are my interpretations of his words) was that diamond has even more stiffness than beryllium, and an even higher speed of sound within the material — so the diaphragm is acting even closer to an ideal piston pushing air — but the added mass means C's driver doesn't coast to a stop as immediately as Be's driver does, and this comes across as increased prominence in low notes with longer driver excursions.

And it's $100 more, which you could call a penalty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back