Periodic Audio IEMs Mg, Ti, Be, C
Jul 31, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #842 of 1,454
How do the Beryllium's compare to the final e5000's, They are both very high performance at their price point (which is almost identical), at this point these are the finalists, I will own one of these.
I am using the audioquest dragonfly red.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #843 of 1,454
Diamond vs Berilium, is there any penalty besides a lower level of efficiency?
Different sound quality - tonality is different, it's more "dark" on the top end. THD with the Carbon is lower than Beryllium. That's about it!

Jul 31, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #845 of 1,454
Hey Dan, do you have any colour as to who and when the UK distributor will be tied up. Was nice meeting you at CanJam!
Orange.

Or Teal.

:)

In actuality, nothing I can discuss now! As soon as we have someone, we'll get it announced right here, though!

Jul 31, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #846 of 1,454
How do the Beryllium's compare to the final e5000's, They are both very high performance at their price point (which is almost identical), at this point these are the finalists, I will own one of these.
I am using the audioquest dragonfly red.

Quite different, the E5000 is incredibly natural and organic, and a little laid back. The Be are energetic and have a bit more sparkle and impact to the sound.

@PinkyPowers might be able to elaborate more, as I'm not sure I have the time to do an in depth comparison. I can try though

Jul 31, 2018 at 8:42 PM Post #848 of 1,454
Quite different, the E5000 is incredibly natural and organic, and a little laid back. The Be are energetic and have a bit more sparkle and impact to the sound.

@PinkyPowers might be able to elaborate more, as I'm not sure I have the time to do an in depth comparison. I can try though

This may meet some resistance here, but my honest impressions can be found in my E5000 review.

Putting Final against the Periodic Audio Be ($299, Review HERE), an IEM I raved about in my review, and we see the same story play out again: Periodic falls short. The E5000 has a lavishness and refinement you don’t see in the competition. A silkier, more elegant render. The Beryllium lacks mid-range body, as if it’s been scooped out and made hollow. E5000 simply feels whole and complete. Periodic does not. Considering how much I loved the Periodic, understand that’s not so much a slam against them, but wild praise for Final’s achievement.

Aug 7, 2018 at 6:19 PM Post #849 of 1,454
My review on Periodic Audio Magnesium is live now!

Those are rather lovely, they provide a nice performance for 100 USD, and they are surely going to be a lovely companion for those looking for a warm yet sparkly IEM :)

I invite you to read more in the full review.

(Don't worry, I am working on a review on the other two IEMs from Periodic Audio, the Ti and the Be)

https://audiophile-heaven.blogspot.com/2018/08/periodic-audio-magnesium-warm-delight.html

Audiophile-Heaven-Periodic-Audio-Magnesium-MG-PA-IEMs-Review-13.jpg

Audiophile-Heaven-Periodic-Audio-Magnesium-MG-PA-IEMs-Review-21.jpg

Audiophile-Heaven-Periodic-Audio-Magnesium-MG-PA-IEMs-Review-33.jpg

Audiophile-Heaven-Periodic-Audio-Magnesium-MG-PA-IEMs-Review-44.jpg

Audiophile-Heaven-Periodic-Audio-Magnesium-MG-PA-IEMs-Review-15.jpg

Aug 10, 2018 at 9:40 AM Post #851 of 1,454
just got these in the mail and wondering if it's supposed to be so difficult fixing the tips into place? christ above i just want to listen to them
Yes, the stock tips are a tight fit. Might want to turn them inside out to get a better grip on the core. I never did get a good fit with the stock tips and have always used larger softer silicone tips from my stash.

Aug 10, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #852 of 1,454
Yes, the stock tips are a tight fit. Might want to turn them inside out to get a better grip on the core. I never did get a good fit with the stock tips and have always used larger softer silicone tips from my stash.

it's the foam ones i'm trying...bit of a tick in the negative column straight away tbh, foam tips deteriorate quickly enough as it is without the extra rough handling i'm giving them trying to get them to go on.

Aug 12, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #854 of 1,454
very early impressions - i managed to get the stock foam tips on in the end (they're not a good fit at all, even visually when you line the tips up you can see that they're too small for the bore) and it didn't really sound right. some spare Comply foam tips i had were better, but overall the sound seems a bit disjointed - a bit too bright, not enough presence in the midrange, the bass extension is there but seems strangely distant, as if it's not fully cohering with the rest of the sound. I have a feeling, like with many in-ear headphones, that i might have to fiddle with a lot of different tips to see if i can find the right one. For now i'm going to let these burn in for a while and hopefully i'll find just the right combination.
I'll say this though, thank god for my Soundmagics to fall back on, they're miracle-workers for the price.

Aug 12, 2018 at 7:04 PM Post #855 of 1,454
very early impressions - i managed to get the stock foam tips on in the end (they're not a good fit at all, even visually when you line the tips up you can see that they're too small for the bore) and it didn't really sound right. some spare Comply foam tips i had were better, but overall the sound seems a bit disjointed - a bit too bright, not enough presence in the midrange, the bass extension is there but seems strangely distant, as if it's not fully cohering with the rest of the sound. I have a feeling, like with many in-ear headphones, that i might have to fiddle with a lot of different tips to see if i can find the right one. For now i'm going to let these burn in for a while and hopefully i'll find just the right combination.
I'll say this though, thank god for my Soundmagics to fall back on, they're miracle-workers for the price.
It does, for sure, sound like you need to find a more compatible set of tips, as my impressions are quite different from yours. Sounds like we are talking about 2 different phones entirely. I will post my impressions after I have had a chance to spend more time with them. Fortunately I have tips that I have long used successfully on my Be so at least I don't have to run through that search again. For my ears, the UE900 Large (green) tips work best for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back