Periodic Audio IEMs Mg, Ti, Be, C
Jun 5, 2018 at 10:39 PM Post #781 of 1,454
Man, I'm kind of obsessed with the bass on these. There are some songs where it might be a touch too much, but it's just so punchy, clear and quick that I don't mind. I actually think I prefer the Be to the FLC8, but I'm not sure. Certainly more options with the FLC, a more 3D spacious soundstage and you can get a more neutral and clear tuning if you like. The options are almost overwhelming though, changing filters to figure out a preference, then tip rolling on top of it and we're back to the filters to compensate for the tip change...

There's something nice about the simplicity of the Be in comparison. An expertly tuned and coherent sound, that says, here, I dare you take these off. There isn't really a 'warm' tuning for the FLC that compares. I guess the best way to describe it is that the timbre of the Be is just impossible to ignore. Timbre is something I don't think people talk about enough with headphones, probably because it's hard to describe. It's a far more important factor in what headphones I like than I previously thought.
Love the timber as well, you should also get the mg and titanium for the whole collection, they all are p/p killers

Jun 5, 2018 at 11:00 PM Post #782 of 1,454
Just remember, if it only sounds like the bass is overbearing periodically, it means the fault is likely in the recording, not the headphones. The Be definitely will leave some albums sounding bloomy, but given the general infrequency of it I don't blame the Be.

Jun 5, 2018 at 11:50 PM Post #783 of 1,454
Just remember, if it only sounds like the bass is overbearing periodically, it means the fault is likely in the recording, not the headphones. The Be definitely will leave some albums sounding bloomy, but given the general infrequency of it I don't blame the Be.
Be is revealing of source so is the rest of the line up:)

Jun 8, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #784 of 1,454
So I got some Symbio tips in today and was going to give them a shot. I took off my trusted Spiral Dots, put the Symbio's on, looked at the nozzle to find left/right and the red nozzle filter was gone. I start looking around for it, finally discovered it lodged inside a Spiral Dot tip. I pushed it back onto the nozzle and it seems fine, but this is a bit concerning to me if this happened while out and about somewhere. Anyone else ever have this issue?

Jun 8, 2018 at 10:24 PM Post #786 of 1,454
Note that we do a strong press-fit of the grille into the nozzle; we try to keep the bore as open as possible, so no glue is used, just a strong interference fit and four locating pins. If you put a significantly undersized tip on the nozzle, the silicone can "flex over" and grab the grille and pull it out. The remedy is to remove the grille from the tip and press it back in (a pencil eraser works great).

Jun 20, 2018 at 10:08 AM Post #787 of 1,454
Dan I wanted to thank you as the be have become my new favorite iem.

Tuned exactly how I like with such a soundstage and spot on separation. I am so excited about what’s next from your company.

I listen mainly with dragonfly black or red (I prefer black with the be) and an iPhone 7 Plus

I have a pretty extensive collection but I am only interested in cable down barrell style iems.

Other faves: dunu 2000j, shockwave 3, ie800, k3003i, lza4, havi b3. And if you’ve never heard surprisingly rbh epsb for bt.

Please keep me in the loop and great work!!!!

Jun 26, 2018 at 8:18 PM Post #789 of 1,454
I noticed that the Be's are listed as 'Sold Out' on Periodic's website.

Any particular reason why?

Jun 26, 2018 at 8:19 PM Post #790 of 1,454

I guess the word is spreading!

Jun 26, 2018 at 8:25 PM Post #791 of 1,454
What word?!

Jun 26, 2018 at 8:26 PM Post #792 of 1,454

We make sure all our dealers have stock first, we mainly only concern ourselves with selling blemished items. Plenty are in stock at our dealers - check them out!

Jun 26, 2018 at 8:27 PM Post #793 of 1,454
OK. Good to know.

Jun 27, 2018 at 9:03 AM Post #795 of 1,454

Users who are viewing this thread

Back