Periodic Audio IEMs Mg, Ti, Be, C
Jun 1, 2018 at 4:37 PM Post #766 of 1,454
Just got the Mg and Be back. Huge shout out to @DanWiggins for such awesome service and turn-around. Was missing the Be and now it's back in all its glory. Dan, you make put my trust back in the craftsman and business owner. Way to go. Cheers.

Jun 1, 2018 at 5:38 PM Post #768 of 1,454
Just the Mg and Be.

Jun 1, 2018 at 9:13 PM Post #770 of 1,454
Just got the Mg and Be back. Huge shout out to @DanWiggins for such awesome service and turn-around. Was missing the Be and now it's back in all its glory. Dan, you make put my trust back in the craftsman and business owner. Way to go. Cheers.
Thanks! We try hard, sometimes we fail - but we always give it our best! Of course, it helps when you make the units here in the US...:)

Jun 2, 2018 at 7:05 AM Post #773 of 1,454
What happened to your be?

I got robbed while I was in Baltimore. Lost my phone, keys, wallet, and Be. Oddly enough, losing the Be hurt the most. Credit/bank cards can get canceled and I had insurance on my phone, cops managed to recover my license and a few other cards (they got dumped somewhere), but having to go back to my other IEMs just hurt my soul. :frowning2:

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2018 at 8:33 AM Post #774 of 1,454
I got robbed while I was in Baltimore. Lost my phone, keys, wallet, and Be. Oddly enough, losing the Be hurt the most. Credit/bank cards can get canceled and I had insurance on my phone, cops managed to recover my license and a few other cards (they got dumped somewhere), but having to go back to my other IEMs just hurt my soul. :frowning2:
:frowning2: , Sorry to hear about that. I would be sad too.

Jun 2, 2018 at 9:51 AM Post #775 of 1,454
:frowning2: , Sorry to hear about that. I would be sad too.

Not even gonna lie, I'm selling my desktop rig to try and recoup my losses a bit and having the Be would make it a lot less painful. It's why I'm keeping an eye on the b-stock.

I'm not saying Be + Dragonfly Red = LCD-3 + CMA400i, but I'm definitely saying it's close enough for my jamming out to my music that I wouldn't grieve much.

Jun 2, 2018 at 9:54 AM Post #776 of 1,454
Not even gonna lie, I'm selling my desktop rig to try and recoup my losses a bit and having the Be would make it a lot less painful. It's why I'm keeping an eye on the b-stock.

I'm not saying Be + Dragonfly Red = LCD-3 + CMA400i, but I'm definitely saying it's close enough for my jamming out to my music that I wouldn't grieve much.
You should get the blemished set for $200

Jun 2, 2018 at 10:08 AM Post #777 of 1,454
You should get the blemished set for $200

Yeah, that's what I mean by b-stock. But they've been out of that for a toon's age, so I'm just kinda keeping an eye on that for when I have some more money in my pocket.

Jun 5, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #780 of 1,454
Man, I'm kind of obsessed with the bass on these. There are some songs where it might be a touch too much, but it's just so punchy, clear and quick that I don't mind. I actually think I prefer the Be to the FLC8, but I'm not sure. Certainly more options with the FLC, a more 3D spacious soundstage and you can get a more neutral and clear tuning if you like. The options are almost overwhelming though, changing filters to figure out a preference, then tip rolling on top of it and we're back to the filters to compensate for the tip change...

There's something nice about the simplicity of the Be in comparison. An expertly tuned and coherent sound, that says, here, I dare you take these off. There isn't really a 'warm' tuning for the FLC that compares. I guess the best way to describe it is that the timbre of the Be is just impossible to ignore. Timbre is something I don't think people talk about enough with headphones, probably because it's hard to describe. It's a far more important factor in what headphones I like than I previously thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back