Perfect Wave DAC Owner Unite
Dec 3, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #904 of 1,683
Quote:
Hi all, this is my first post on Head-Fi, though I've been reviewing many of the threads for a few months now. I barely had the listing for the MK-II up on Audiogon when I heard from preproman.  It was a great transaction and am happy to see that I was able to transact with someone from Head-fi!

Thanks Sagar,

Good doing business with you.  You wouldn't by chance have the PS audio CD/DVD Transport as well would you
wink_face.gif

Dec 3, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #905 of 1,683
Yeah, if we can't get it in by meet, we move the meet........

That's up to Chase.  I think he has plans for the other weekends.  Let me know.

I'm down for moving it to the next weekend, I've got no plans. Specially if it means we get to hear the PWD II

Can you not get it by this weekend?

Dec 3, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #908 of 1,683
I'm always curious about the reasons for selling when someone sells off something that I happen to own and like.  Are you moving on to another DAC that you prefer, and if so which one?

Dec 3, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #909 of 1,683
I actually LOVE the MK2 and am super bummed to sell it.  I had some unexpected expenseses come up that I want to raise money for right away instead of holding off, which is why I'm selling certain pieces of my setup.  I hope to get back in the market for a premium DAC and head-phone amp next year.  I may just end up getting another MK-2.       

Dec 3, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #912 of 1,683
Just jumped on a great deal for a Like New 10/10 rating PWD MKII on AudioGon.  Should have it in sometime next week.  Good deals really do happen from time to time. 

Does anyone have any experience with the pre amp section on this DAC?  

Congrats. You will love the MKII with your balanced beta22.

Dec 5, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #914 of 1,683
So if I try to play 176kHz files in NativeX mode, I get a horribly distorted sound.  I have to switch to Native mode every time I want to play a file with this sample rate.  Is there something wrong with my PWD (MKII, v. 2.03), or is this normal?

Dec 5, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #915 of 1,683
My 2.2 shipped with a firmware that wouldn't do 192K in Native.  Dropping down to an earlier 2.2 fixed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back