Perfect Wave DAC Owner Unite
Jun 22, 2012 at 6:00 AM Post #692 of 1,683
Those lucky people who have got the Mkii upgrade (and already have the bridge available) - is the upgrade a big difference - or do you really have to listen hard to hear it's impact, i like my mkI and my experience with any audio upgrades (of the same component ie from a mk1 to a mk2) in the past is very very minor changes completly overstated in marketing statement, but from what i read here the pwd II seems a big jump

Would you agree - should i splash that hard earned cash or just stick with the pwd 1 and enjoy.

What one or 2 things really stand out (outside of the better USB capability)

Thanks

forgot to say - yes I know i should demo, but I'm in the UK and there are no resellers near me

Jun 22, 2012 at 6:21 AM Post #693 of 1,683
Quote:
Those lucky people who have got the Mkii upgrade (and already have the bridge available) - is the upgrade a big difference - or do you really have to listen hard to hear it's impact, i like my mkI and my experience with any audio upgrades (of the same component ie from a mk1 to a mk2) in the past is very very minor changes completly overstated in marketing statement, but from what i read here the pwd II seems a big jump

Would you agree - should i splash that hard earned cash or just stick with the pwd 1 and enjoy.

What one or 2 things really stand out (outside of the better USB capability)

Thanks

forgot to say - yes I know i should demo, but I'm in the UK and there are no resellers near me

I had a MK I and bridge, and the upgrade to MK II was very significant. Took about 2 seconds of the first song to hear the difference, and it was major.

Jun 23, 2012 at 2:26 AM Post #696 of 1,683
Quote:
How long will we have to decide on the upgrade before they say "too late"?

There's a countdown?!  
blink.gif

Jun 24, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #699 of 1,683
Quick question.

I am a new PWDII owner and have set it up with asset UPNP as the server and elyric controller.  Is it possible to play gapless with this setup or do I need to change to the elyric server softwar?

Thanks.

Jun 24, 2012 at 7:31 AM Post #700 of 1,683
Quote:
Quick question.

I am a new PWDII owner and have set it up with asset UPNP as the server and elyric controller.  Is it possible to play gapless with this setup or do I need to change to the elyric server softwar?

Thanks.

You'll need to open the albums you want to make gapless in eLyric and check the gapless box. 

Jul 5, 2012 at 6:11 PM Post #705 of 1,683
Next question: who should I call, the dealer or PS Audio?  The box was clearly unopened so the dealer couldn't examine the contents, and there was nothing on the outside of the box to indicate that the bridge was included.  So the dealer must have bought it from PS Audio thinking it was sans-bridge, and therefore PS Audio are the ones who lost out and should receive my return.  Correct?

Edit: by the way, I'm really enjoying the PWD.  It's replacing an Ayre QB-9 USB DAC, which is now going in the bedroom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back