Perfect Wave DAC Owner Unite
Oct 11, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #1,651 of 1,683
So I turn my system on like I do every Sunday morning and notice no sound coming out of my right speaker :/
I plugged my right powered speaker into the left output and it worked. Then I tried different inputs into the PWD and the same remained.

So has anyone had this problem before? If so how much did the repair cost?

No idea on cost but their service team is very responsive. Give them a call.

Oct 11, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #1,653 of 1,683
They were all at Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (With me...
biggrin.gif
 ) in Denver. Everyone should be back in the office today. They were demoing their entire line including the new Perfect Wave Transport 2nd gen. The show was great and there were a few thousand people in attendance.

Nov 2, 2016 at 7:19 PM Post #1,655 of 1,683
If anyone is interested, I may have a PWD MKII available in a week or two.  I have an Exogal Comet Plus ordered.  I kicked around updating the PWD MKII to the DS but I just wasn't ready to drop that much. I talked with PS Audio about trading both my PWT and PWD in for the DS and the new Memory player but it was more than I was ready to spend on digital at this time.

Nov 30, 2016 at 7:10 AM Post #1,656 of 1,683
Hello PWD owners

I had a PWD mk1 and I really like the way it sounded. But then I saw the youtube clips about jitter by Ted, and how they made the new DSD.

It made so much sense that i had to try it out. So I got the upgrade kit, and yes it is a lot of money 3500+ dollars for me, with import taxes and local VAT (I live en Europe). But it was worth the money.

That is my living room setup, big nice speakers from Vienna Acoustics the Strauss ones. And a DIY powerhouse of a class D amp, from a danish vendor LC audio Zappulse 2.3se made custom as dual mono. And I stream via NAS. So no CD player.

Love that setup!

But now we got a new born i the house, so the loud music has stopped... My love for music hasn´t.

So I have begun a headphone setup. Got the Fostex t50rp mkiii and the Ifi ican se and a Dragonfly DAC.

But I got allmost a complet PWD mk1 and that whould be so much nicer as my DAC instead of the dragonfly. I emailed PSaudio asking for the parts to rebuild the PWD, but that wasn´t something they did. They wrote back, that they only have parts for repairs, and they didn´t make the parts any more, because there focus is on there new lineup do in the spring. Fair enough.

That bring me to why I started the string

Is there any one who has made a rebuild of the pwd mk1? 

- It doesn´t matter how it looks

Nov 30, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #1,657 of 1,683
I am not sure I understand what you are asking. Firstly, confirm that you have upgraded your PWD from mk1 to mk2. If so, then there is little more to be done. You can use it as a preamp to feed an amplifier into which you plug your headphones. This is how I have set up my listening station.

Nov 30, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #1,658 of 1,683
I did the pwd to dsd upgarde. And the dsd is playing in My Living room.

The thing I wanna do, is to take the old pwd parts, and make a complet dac agian, so that I have two DACs. One for the living room and the rebuild for my desktop headphone setup.

Nov 30, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #1,659 of 1,683
I have a used PWD mkii I'm getting rid of. Just had the analog out replaced.

PM if interested.

Dec 3, 2016 at 6:46 PM Post #1,660 of 1,683
Many have asked this question but, unfortunately, there is no ready to create a new PWD out of the parts left over from a DirectStream upgrade.  You need a new case, display and some other parts.  PS Audio is not supplying parts so you are on your own.

Dec 24, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #1,661 of 1,683
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

Is anyone using JRiver MC21/MBP>PWD-ll via USB connection?
I'm using this set up and I think I may be having an issue with my MBP recognizing the PWD-ll but I'm not sure? I have the PWD-ll selected as the "Output Device" in JRiver audio settings and have playback as well. What's confusing me is the MIDI Set Up in the MBP. Here is an image of my MIDI Set-Up in ("Play Mode").

As you can see in the left hand column, the speaker output icon is showing the "Built-In Output" is being used.  If I right click on the highlighted "PS Audio 2.0 Audio Out" output box to select "Use this device for sound output" I get nothing…the speaker icon output remains in the "Built-In Output" box.

Only when in "Stopped/Pause Mode" will the speaker icon output show in the "PS Audio 2.0 Audio Out" box? What is confusing me is the right column is showing "PS Audio 2.0 Audio Out"/Clock source: PS AudioInternal Clock all of the time (as it should) but the "Output" box in incorrect when I press play. It seems as if the L/R columns are contradicting each other as to which output is actually being used?

[size=x-small]I've only ever used the Ethernet connection from the Bridge-ll or the Optical, so this is why I'm not familiar with USB/PWD-ll connection and what my MIDI Set Up should be showing. I know when I use my Schiit Modi the speaker icon stays in the "Schiit Modi" output box all of the time no matter what mode (as it should) and the right column shows "Schiit Modi 2.0 Audio Out"/Schiit Modi Internal Clock" (as it should). Could this be the way the MBP/PWD-ll works via USB? I don't think so. [/size]Any thoughts/advice would be much appreciated, thank you very much.

EDIT:I've already rebooted the PWD-ll several times as well as restarting my MBP.

Dec 25, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #1,663 of 1,683
You might have better responses in the computer section, JRiver forum or Computer Audiophile. Worth a try anyway.

Dec 25, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #1,664 of 1,683
I've been on the JRiver forum and the problem only refers to Window's if the PWD isn't being recognized not Mac's…but as I mentioned, my Mac is recognizing the PWD, just seems to not be using its "Audio Output".

Thank you for the advise,
Joseph

Users who are viewing this thread

Back