Perfect Wave DAC Owner Unite
Dec 9, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #1,591 of 1,683
  with a bridge II I would use the ethernet input with a NAS drive.

So why the need for the NAS drive? 
Also is this basically outboard hard drive?
Could I use my G-Drive which I use to back up the hard drive on my MBP, or would I need to purchase a NAS specifically? Also wouldn't this be what the Bridgell is supposed to do? Sorry for all the questions, but I'm not too familiar with what your talking about…just read about NAS right now briefly.
Thanks.

Dec 18, 2015 at 4:55 AM Post #1,600 of 1,683
Just use a Ethernet wireless bridge.  Cheap and easy.

I second this. Some options include direct Ethernet to the router, airport express, and powerline adapter.

Dec 18, 2015 at 9:29 AM Post #1,601 of 1,683
I started using an Auralic Aries and if you see the price difference between the Bridge II ($899) and the Aries ($999), I would forget the bridge. Get the Aries, connect a USB hard drive to it and you will have an easier to use and way more stable music streamer than the bridge will ever be.

Dec 18, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #1,602 of 1,683
I second this. Some options include direct Ethernet to the router, airport express, and powerline adapter.

I also absolutely agree Ethernet output from given modem U-Verse or Comcast whom ever your internet provider to the PWD. I have tried both hard wired USB connection and wireless bridge and found the wireless bridge better with my music server directly from computer.

Enjoy music

Dec 18, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #1,603 of 1,683
  I also absolutely agree Ethernet output from given modem U-Verse or Comcast whom ever your internet provider to the PWD. I have tried both hard wired USB connection and wireless bridge and found the wireless bridge better with my music server directly from computer.

Enjoy music

Are you able to surf the web while using the Ethernet connection between the router/PC, or is this an issue?

Dec 19, 2015 at 1:31 AM Post #1,604 of 1,683
  Are you able to surf the web while using the Ethernet connection between the router/PC, or is this an issue?

If I think and assume what your question is and if so the answer is "yes" you can still surf the web without any issues. Remember the modem/router is only a multiple high speed data output switch that allow one main data stream input from your high DSL that follows the internal electronic steering of the selected modem used which has multiple Ethernet outputs that are connected to all your Ethernet devices that requires hard wired. Devices such as your printer, computer etc...., in this case your music server like the PWD.

Enjoy music! 

Dec 19, 2015 at 9:30 AM Post #1,605 of 1,683
  If I think and assume what your question is and if so the answer is "yes" you can still surf the web without any issues. Remember the modem/router is only a multiple high speed data output switch that allow one main data stream input from your high DSL that follows the internal electronic steering of the selected modem used which has multiple Ethernet outputs that are connected to all your Ethernet devices that requires hard wired. Devices such as your printer, computer etc...., in this case your music server like the PWD.

Enjoy music! 

Thank you.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back