Perfect Sleeping headphones
Mar 30, 2013 at 4:54 AM Post #46 of 62
Pretty sure I'm going to be getting the V-moda's. If I do not like them I'll return them and then try out the 555's. maybe later I'll just get the 555's since they seem so cheap. WHat's there soundstage/signature like? 

the 555's i mean...

Mar 30, 2013 at 5:02 AM Post #47 of 62
Quote:

If you keep the volume at a soft level, the leaking will be minimal.  Since you will be potentially sleeping for much of the listening, a lower volume should be used anyway.  You don't want the experience of listening while sleeping to ruin your ears for other hardcore listening sessions.

You said you bought these at a very cheap price and that they were used, may I ask where you bought them? I'm more than willing to pay around 30-50 bucks for them. I wanted a new engaging can, so the v-moda fits that description perfectly. I would love to have a can that is super comfortable and is an over the ear can. These seem to fit that bill. Seeing as I have some extra cash (birthday was last week) and I haven't bought a headphone in over a year I think splurging on two awesome headphones isn't too too bad :))

Mar 30, 2013 at 9:14 PM Post #48 of 62
Quote:
thought the pressure od the m900 is too light, so they will slip of your head when lying on your back?

I'd be more worried about them snapping to pieces when you roll over...

Mar 30, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #49 of 62
If you want the hd555s cheap check out the for sale part of the forum here, they usually have some pretty good deals in there. As far as 30-50 that might be tough, they sell for about 175 new online but Ive seen some go for around 50 used before in the f/s section. Also as far as their soundstage, they're considered pretty good. A good soundstage is usually the plus to open back headphones. A lot of people, including myself, use them for gaming as well because of their good positioning and what not. Their sound signature is on the laid back side so their not too fatiguing on your ears either.

Mar 30, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #50 of 62
Quote:
If you want the hd555s cheap check out the for sale part of the forum here, they usually have some pretty good deals in there. As far as 30-50 that might be tough, they sell for about 175 new online but Ive seen some go for around 50 used before in the f/s section. Also as far as their soundstage, they're considered pretty good. A good soundstage is usually the plus to open back headphones. A lot of people, including myself, use them for gaming as well because of their good positioning and what not. Their sound signature is on the laid back side so their not too fatiguing on your ears either.

where are you getting 175 from? 

Mar 30, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #51 of 62
Quote:
I'd be more worried about them snapping to pieces when you roll over...

+1. can't say that you haven't been warned about this potential problem.

Mar 30, 2013 at 11:45 PM Post #52 of 62
Quote:

The clearance division of DakMart sells a refurbished HD-555 for $59.00.

Edit: This vendor that I've referenced is Adgtron.  They are a seller under Amazon.  I tried to reach their Web site where they had the refurbished Sennheiser headphones a few weeks ago, but I couldn't reach it.

Mar 31, 2013 at 2:33 AM Post #53 of 62
Quote:

The clearance division of DakMart sells a refurbished HD-555 for $59.00.

Edit: This vendor that I've referenced is Adgtron.  They are a seller under Amazon.  I tried to reach their Web site where they had the refurbished Sennheiser headphones a few weeks ago, but I couldn't reach it.

thanks my friend. I'll check out DakMart

Mar 31, 2013 at 2:59 AM Post #54 of 62
Just checked it out, it appears the 555's are no longer offered there. Will keep an eye out for them being restocked in the future

May 20, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #55 of 62
Seriously, consider the bose AE2. I wear mine to bed every night. I also wear them in my hot tub, and in workouts. They're small enough so you can comfortable lay on your side with them on, and cushiony enough to be comfortable. Sure some would say they aren't the best sound quality, but they're great for wearing to bed.

May 21, 2013 at 6:04 AM Post #57 of 62
May 21, 2013 at 6:29 AM Post #59 of 62
Quote:
i meant your pillow

I have a few pillows. One's filled with cotton, 3 are filled with down feathers, and the last one is a mystery, but when I opened it up some small feathers got on my bed :frowning2:

May 21, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #60 of 62
Quote:
Seriously, consider the bose AE2. I wear mine to bed every night. I also wear them in my hot tub, and in workouts. They're small enough so you can comfortable lay on your side with them on, and cushiony enough to be comfortable. Sure some would say they aren't the best sound quality, but they're great for wearing to bed.

Do NOT consider the AE2. If you roll over on them, they <WILL> snap. My friend had a pair a while ago and his headband broke in two within weeks of normal usage. 

I should add that he also cares for his equipment very well. His M50s (3+ years old) were in absolute perfect condition when he sent them to me. 

EDIT: Whoops, I meant the QC15. Nevermind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back