Perfect Sleeping headphones
Mar 26, 2013 at 1:07 AM Post #16 of 62
I was looking at the V-modas. how's their sound signature?

Mar 26, 2013 at 1:34 AM Post #17 of 62
Quote:

Extremely bassy, not very expansive, quite aggressive.

Mar 26, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #18 of 62
Quote:

their sound signature is yummy :wink: heh

which pair of V-Modas are you talking about? lol!

there is the LP, LP2, M80, and M100.

LP/LP2 is pretty bass-heavy.
M80 is more neutral
M100 is somewhere in between.

I really liked the sound  of the M100, but everyone hears differently :)

Mar 26, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #19 of 62
Sennheiser PX-200ii can also be a good choice.

1. Small and light so it doesn't get in the way or such on pillow, thin headband too
2. Closed back so you wouldn't disturb anyone sleeping beside you
3. Volume control if you need to adjust volume
4. Comfy and not bad sounding
5. Not too expensive

Mar 26, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #21 of 62
Quote:
Sennheiser PX-200ii can also be a good choice.

1. Small and light so it doesn't get in the way or such on pillow, thin headband too
2. Closed back so you wouldn't disturb anyone sleeping beside you
3. Volume control if you need to adjust volume
4. Comfy and not bad sounding
5. Not too expensive

They seem to bring a smile to the face as well!

I have a pair of AKG K450 headphones which are similar but have a really short cable so I have never tried them lying down. I might try lying down with them and listening to music with my iPod Touch. It sounds like a reasonably pleasant experiment to perform.

I'm wondering if there is a risk of strangulation with the cable? I hadn't thought of this before because I would never sleep with headphones on, but if you were asleep you would be shifting about in the bed and rolling over etc. That cable could be the end of you perhaps :frowning2:

Mar 26, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #22 of 62
what about the senn hd-II's or whatever? they get called the Grado's of sennheiser...

Mar 27, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #23 of 62
Quote:
what about the senn hd-II's or whatever? they get called the Grado's of sennheiser...

HD-25-IIs? Whoever said "Grados of Sennheiser" needs a mental recalibration.. Grado's are bright, fast and aggressive. The HD-25-II is warm and bassy.

Mar 27, 2013 at 6:22 PM Post #24 of 62
Quote:
HD-25-IIs? Whoever said "Grados of Sennheiser" needs a mental recalibration.. Grado's are bright, fast and aggressive. The HD-25-II is warm and bassy.

Not to mention not quite the most comfortable for long periods of use, awesome headphones though.

Mar 27, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #25 of 62
This is what speakers are for. 
tongue.gif

Mar 27, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #28 of 62
Quote:
Maybe that's what he meant. The HD25's are uncomfortable enough that they remind people of Grados.

hah maybe your right, but I think he was referring to the idea that the hd25s are much more forward sounding than the usual sennheiser sound signature. Now to actually contribute to this thread, I've fallen asleep with the sennhesier hd555s as well as hd600s with no problem at all. I find them both to be very comfortable to the point you forget their on your head sometimes and their laid back sound makes it easy to fall asleep to. I should mention I'm able to fall asleep laying slightly upright on my back, if I had to lay down fully they might not work so well

Mar 27, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #29 of 62
For the entire year I was in Afghanistan I couldn't sleep without listening to music through my headphones. I started with a pair of non-noise canceling Bose cans that were okay as long as I didn't roll around. After those were a pair of IEMs given to me by a civilian contractor, But I would wake up having nearly strangled myself with the cord. Since coming home I've tried my v-moda m-80s and they have been the best headphones for sleeping in so far. At the end of the day though I'd just go with a decent set of speakers by the bed.

Mar 28, 2013 at 3:29 AM Post #30 of 62
Quote:
This is what speakers are for. 
tongue.gif

+1. makes more sense to use speakers rather than headphones in bed (not only can you strangle yourself with the cord, but it seems really easy to roll over & break your expensive headphones)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back