Perfect Sleeping headphones
Mar 28, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #32 of 62
Quote:
Ksc 75 attached to some sort of sweatband, iPod nano, wires tucked in under. No wire to strangle no headband to break. Cheap to replace if something goes wrong

Good idea actually. the KSC75 is great.

Mar 29, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #33 of 62
Quote:
+1. makes more sense to use speakers rather than headphones in bed (not only can you strangle yourself with the cord, but it seems really easy to roll over & break your expensive headphones)

speakers would be nice but i share a room with a person so they are out of the question. furthermore they do not offer the integration into the depths of the music with which I am looking for. 

the v moda's seem very very nice. how would they compare with my magnums? anyone own both of these? they are comfortable? what's their sound signature like? thanks all!

Mar 29, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #34 of 62
and I would be looking at the over the ear ones, since I believe that would give me the "engulfed in music" feeling I am looking for when i am sleeping. plus this would add a level of comfortability 

Mar 29, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #35 of 62
or perhaps not. the 80's seem nice, I just want something that'll be engaging, comfortable and that doesn't sound identical to my magnums but also sounds really, really good.

also: not needing amping is a huge plus too.

what album possible AKG phones?

Mar 29, 2013 at 1:28 AM Post #36 of 62
or some of the sennn 500-598's?

Mar 29, 2013 at 1:59 AM Post #37 of 62
Quote:

Quadruple post goodness.

Personally, I'd go with the M-80s. They're different from the Magnum, by a lot, but are engaging and aggressive, and quite bassy. It'd be best if you can try out a pair first to make sure you like them. I got the pleasure of doing that with several headphones at my local Best Buy.

However the KSC-75 attached to a sweatband is also a good choice; the PortaPro drivers really do sound quite good.

Mar 29, 2013 at 2:18 AM Post #38 of 62
Quote:

I use the Sennheiser HD-555 for my sleep headphones.  They are open headphones, so there is some leakage - but, when sleeping, a lower volume is better.  I damped the insides of the cups a bit with newplast to work towards tightening the bass up.  I found mine used.  $30 + $25 for new pads = great bargain for my particular needs.

The Sennheiser fit can't be beat in this case.  They have some of the most comfortable headphones.

Enjoy!

Mar 29, 2013 at 2:54 AM Post #39 of 62
KSC75, modded of course remain one of my fave ZZZZZzzzZZZZZ cans.

Surprisingly good sounding straight out of the macbook streaming iTunes.  Although my preference is to amp with an earmax into output transformers, really good, groovy night time tunes.  Not a detail fanatics rig though.

Mar 29, 2013 at 3:36 AM Post #40 of 62
hmmm thanks guys! yeah i will try and hear the m 80's before. I want an over/on ear headphone, not the ksc75's. thanks though 

Mar 29, 2013 at 3:37 AM Post #41 of 62
how bad do the 555's leak? just because I will be sharing a room and I don't want them to be that much of a problem...

Mar 29, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #42 of 62
Quote:
how bad do the 555's leak? just because I will be sharing a room and I don't want them to be that much of a problem...

If you keep the volume at a soft level, the leaking will be minimal.  Since you will be potentially sleeping for much of the listening, a lower volume should be used anyway.  You don't want the experience of listening while sleeping to ruin your ears for other hardcore listening sessions.

Mar 29, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #43 of 62
As stated before I too use the hd555s to fall asleep to and find them to be great for that particular use. As far as using it with someone else trying to fall asleep in the same room, that might be a little difficult.

Mar 29, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #44 of 62
sony mdr ma 900... the most comfortable headphone i have ever tried on, super light weight and open air feels like nothing is on your head. has a little vent so you ears can breathe too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back