Peoria IL Summer Meet 2016 (June 18th 2016).
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 27, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #46 of 99
61Srie07dnL._SL1200_.jpg
61717KquUOL._SL1200_.jpg

I picked this up for a raffle for those who attend.  No purchase necessary.

May 28, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #47 of 99
hey guys, I am new to head fi world, I just got some HE-560s but my amps/dacs etc I am not sure what i want yet so coming to this meet to let people try my he-560 and also let me try some diff amp/dacs see which way I want to go.

i just updated the google doc with me info... i usually hang out on overclock.net as i am more of a pc gamer and this headphone world is a new hobby for me... really looking forward to ZMF being there, as everyone tells me ZMF Omni is prob my endgame can, so if ZMF can bring a pair for us all to try out I would appreciate it :D

so far I am not impressed with my hE-560 and prefer my pioneer se-a1000 for some songs simply because it has better soundstage... but everyone keeps telling me i just need a better dac/amp I am skeptical, but willing to learn and try it out if you will let me :D  cheers and see you then

edit:  i hope someone brings beyer t1's 2nd gen or first gen, as I have a feeling they might be my endgame someday, would like to try them out

May 28, 2016 at 11:39 PM Post #48 of 99
  hey guys, I am new to head fi world, I just got some HE-560s but my amps/dacs etc I am not sure what i want yet so coming to this meet to let people try my he-560 and also let me try some diff amp/dacs see which way I want to go.

i just updated the google doc with me info... i usually hang out on overclock.net as i am more of a pc gamer and this headphone world is a new hobby for me... really looking forward to ZMF being there, as everyone tells me ZMF Omni is prob my endgame can, so if ZMF can bring a pair for us all to try out I would appreciate it :D

so far I am not impressed with my hE-560 and prefer my pioneer se-a1000 for some songs simply because it has better soundstage... but everyone keeps telling me i just need a better dac/amp I am skeptical, but willing to learn and try it out if you will let me :D  cheers and see you then

edit:  i hope someone brings beyer t1's 2nd gen or first gen, as I have a feeling they might be my endgame someday, would like to try them out

Hey my friend -I also have the HE-560 (along with many other pones ad amps and dacs).  Being a planar the HE-560 does require some high amplification to drive them properly.
I am using the EHHA- Rev A amp by Cavalli, and the BIJOU amp AND SAC KH1000 amp and all drive the 560's very well.
The Beyer T-1 is an okay headphone, but easily bettered by the Sennheiser HD-800.
Just some friendly advice from your northern neighbors.
Bryan (charliex)

May 29, 2016 at 4:59 AM Post #49 of 99
Hey guys change of plans, I am coming, but I am currently in the process of selling all my other cans, bought some STAX tonight... I updated the Google doc. sorry again for the confusion. :D

May 29, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #51 of 99
Hey all, trying to sell my Modi/Magni 2 both Uber stack. In like-new conditions, can include original boxes, etc.
If anyone knows beforehand they'd be interested, send me a PM, thanks!

May 29, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #52 of 99
Awesome! What STAX setup did you buy?

SRS-2170, its the basic 207 but comes with the amp.  I grabbed a Modi 2 non-uber and Sanskrit v6 DAC as well, will decide which I like better than sell the other one.  Will get my complete setup... and for when I want bass... since I read these lack bass, I got my planar magnetic t50rp mark 3's which I absolutely love the bass on. 

May 31, 2016 at 11:16 PM Post #53 of 99
  SRS-2170, its the basic 207 but comes with the amp.  I grabbed a Modi 2 non-uber and Sanskrit v6 DAC as well, will decide which I like better than sell the other one.  Will get my complete setup... and for when I want bass... since I read these lack bass, I got my planar magnetic t50rp mark 3's which I absolutely love the bass on. 

Nice... Looking forward to checking them out!

Jun 2, 2016 at 1:49 AM Post #54 of 99
  Nice... Looking forward to checking them out!

Canceled my STAX order, you gotta baby them from dust and stuff, not sure I am ready for that level yet. Not sure if I am coming or not now either, it is a 3 hour drive.... bleh.  Would be cool to try some of the cans there though.

Jun 2, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #55 of 99
Canceled my STAX order, you gotta baby them from dust and stuff, not sure I am ready for that level yet. Not sure if I am coming or not now either, it is a 3 hour drive.... bleh.  Would be cool to try some of the cans there though.

Maybe you should come and check out some gear.. That should help you decide how to move forward

Jun 2, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #56 of 99
Wifi? My setup is useless without wifi. Looks like the dsha-4 will make it just in time. Those attending are going to be some of the first people to listen to one. I think I'm going to leave the stax setup at home unless you guys/gals would rather listen to that instead?

Jun 2, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #57 of 99
  Wifi? My setup is useless without wifi. Looks like the dsha-4 will make it just in time. Those attending are going to be some of the first people to listen to one. I think I'm going to leave the stax setup at home unless you guys/gals would rather listen to that instead?

Not sure about WiFi TBH... I will attempt to reach out to Steve and see if it will be available..

Jun 3, 2016 at 4:20 AM Post #58 of 99
  Not sure about WiFi TBH... I will attempt to reach out to Steve and see if it will be available..

If not could maybe someone help me out? I use usb input but the Pavane has a bunch of different inputs. This happened to me at the Nashville meet and it wasn't pleasant after driving for 5hrs., 11hrs. total. This meet is not as far for me but still no short trip. Thanks for understanding.

Jun 3, 2016 at 7:40 AM Post #59 of 99
If not could maybe someone help me out? I use usb input but the Pavane has a bunch of different inputs. This happened to me at the Nashville meet and it wasn't pleasant after driving for 5hrs., 11hrs. total. This meet is not as far for me but still no short trip. Thanks for understanding.

Wait.. Do you just need WiFi to connect your devices and not for internet access???

If so I can bring a wireless router with me, aftowords you can keep it.

On the otherhand

If all your music is in the cloud and you are looking for a source.. I might be able to help you there as well.. Just let me know

Jun 3, 2016 at 7:55 AM Post #60 of 99

my dream is to hear a stax... don't ruin my dream mate... ; ; I'm driving 3 hours mainly just to listen to stax/fostex th-x00 and lcd-x and any zmf lineup.

I'm bringing my modded t20rp mkIII's and pioneer se-a1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back