Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning]
Sep 16, 2014 at 3:02 AM Post #2,521 of 2,804
I must grab a sample of Syrah - it seems to have a dash more purple in it. I'm tempted to grab some Scabiosa, but in truth I'm a little scared of IGs. :ph34r:

I do have some DA Aubergine in the inbound package too.

Sep 16, 2014 at 3:16 AM Post #2,522 of 2,804
Moar Purple, please. 
normal_smile .gif

Sep 16, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #2,523 of 2,804
I must grab a sample of Syrah - it seems to have a dash more purple in it. I'm tempted to grab some Scabiosa, but in truth I'm a little scared of IGs.
ph34r.gif

I do have some DA Aubergine in the inbound package too.

Scabiosa is very well-behaved, I keep it in my black Pel M205 100% of the time, and have yet to have any clogs or other issues. This pen doesn't get all that much use, either, as I usually grab for whatever has a brighter, prettier ink in it (not that Scabiosa isn't pretty in its own way!). Can sit for weeks, and then start right up. 

Sep 17, 2014 at 12:31 AM Post #2,524 of 2,804
Okay, I've done some more thorough reading on IG inks and it seems the trepidation is unwarranted (probably). So next time I order some ink (when is that Herbin Stormy Grey due?) I will include a bottle of Scabiosa and give it a shot.

AND ... if my pen clogs, melts, explodes, withers, or spews forth slanderous lies, I will hold brhfl personally responsible.

Sep 17, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #2,525 of 2,804
How did I not find out about this thread! I've been collecting FPs for quite a bit now, don't have any pens to show off at this point in time, but I haven't had a chance to take some pics of my newly acquired Nakaya :)

Sep 18, 2014 at 5:02 AM Post #2,529 of 2,804
My 580 fractured at the thread between the section and the barrel. It was a pai in the ass to replace. Never buying a TWSBI again. Will probably sell it and replace with a Pilot Custom 74 Demonstrator or a Pelican M400 when budget allows.

Sep 18, 2014 at 10:50 AM Post #2,531 of 2,804
Okay, I've done some more thorough reading on IG inks and it seems the trepidation is unwarranted (probably). So next time I order some ink (when is that Herbin Stormy Grey due?) I will include a bottle of Scabiosa and give it a shot.

AND ... if my pen clogs, melts, explodes, withers, or spews forth slanderous lies, I will hold brhfl personally responsible.

Oh, you don't want it to wither? Some people are so demanding!
Seriously, though, the only time I ever had clogging with an IG was Diamine Registrar left in an M300 for... at least a season. Bit of Goulet's pen flush cleared that right up. In my (quite probably unfounded) opinion, Scabiosa is a much gentler IG than Diamine Registrar, and I trust it not to go all cloggy on me more than many Noodlers inks as well. It's my default 'black,' it's the only ink I (intentionally) own more than one bottle of (okay, that's not true either, I have a cache of NOS Skrip Burgundy, but that hardly counts!), and it's the only ink that has a permanent (heh) home in one of my pens. It's... a good one. :)

Sep 19, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #2,533 of 2,804
Sep 19, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #2,535 of 2,804

Sorry for the poor photography, I don't quite spend money on cameras, as you can tell :p

OOooo... really nice!!  Do you have a problem with it rolling around on the desk?

I disassembled my PFM IV yesterday in order to replace the sac and O-rings and was left with this on the desk:

Advertised as a simple filling system!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back