Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning]
Nov 12, 2013 at 2:59 PM Post #2,223 of 2,804
  The Pelikan 4001 Violet isn't bad, its on the reddish side. It doesn't shade too much (4001 inks tend to be dry).

But I have to agree. The Murasaki Shikibu is a nice color.

Diamine has a few purples, I haven't tried them though.

I have the Diamine Imperial Purple and like it quite a bit.

Tangster, yikes. I don't think the Century 2 feed is supposed to be removable. You might be able to find a new section with the feed and nib installed, though. I've seen them for sale on eBay before.

Nov 12, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #2,226 of 2,804
Ugh, I keep forgetting to post pics of what most people use in class and stuff. (cheap dollar store 10 pack pens) :/ I always use this .5 g2 I have (I've used it since last year, even keeping it through college summer programs a such). :D (some kids use .7's)

Nov 13, 2013 at 2:13 AM Post #2,229 of 2,804
Anyone tried arm writing recently?

I tried yesterday, its pretty relaxing, and my grip on the pen was loosened (read: more comfortable). It also opened up the writing. The letter forms were not pretty, but they were consistent.

Next thing I guess would be to learn controlling the arm movement with some help from the hand.

Nov 13, 2013 at 2:35 AM Post #2,230 of 2,804
I try it every now and then. Makes my writing too big to be suitable for notes though.It's more annoying than anything else in my opinion. I prefer a wrist-forearm style with finger movements for small flourishes...possibly dictated by the fact my arms tend to stick to the desk and can't be relied on to move in the small increments needed for fine handwriting.

Nov 13, 2013 at 2:52 AM Post #2,231 of 2,804
  I try it every now and then. Makes my writing too big to be suitable for notes though.It's more annoying than anything else in my opinion. I prefer a wrist-forearm style with finger movements for small flourishes...possibly dictated by the fact my arms tend to stick to the desk and can't be relied on to move in the small increments needed for fine handwriting.

What you're mentioning is the proper way, and the recommended one, where the arm makes the bigger movements and the fingers make the finer movements.

But, using the arm alone sort of 're-calibrates' the motor control. And its relaxing for a change.

Nov 15, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #2,234 of 2,804
Dietrich x Duller Ball point

Users who are viewing this thread

Back