Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning]
Nov 11, 2013 at 7:00 AM Post #2,206 of 2,804
  Many ways to look at this. Especially overcoming barriers. You could still be very sincere about expressing yourself in this voice or that. Do you find authors less than sincere when they choose another voice?

Possibly...you see I'm more of a non-fiction reader...

Nov 11, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #2,207 of 2,804
To be clear, I'm not suggesting dishonesty. Rather, there are tools and outlets one can use to express themselves - options, if you would - because some people are reserved. I am one of them. But when I need to express, there are many roads that lead to Rome Paris.
wink_face.gif

Nov 11, 2013 at 7:34 AM Post #2,208 of 2,804
  To be clear, I'm not suggesting dishonesty. Rather, there are tools and outlets one can use to express themselves - options, if you would - because some people are reserved. I am one of them. But when I need to express, there are many roads that lead to Rome Paris.
wink_face.gif

Ok, I'm interested!
bigsmile_face.gif
I'd like to know how to do this...currently I don't have any experience I'm afraid.

Nov 11, 2013 at 7:41 AM Post #2,209 of 2,804

Ok, I'm interested!
bigsmile_face.gif
I'd like to know how to do this...currently I don't have any experience I'm afraid.

Currently entering the home stretch of an overnight listening session. Then bed just before sunrise. Perhaps, when I awake I can extend a PM... lovin' my new system!

Nov 11, 2013 at 8:40 AM Post #2,210 of 2,804

Currently entering the home stretch of an overnight listening session. Then bed just before sunrise. Perhaps, when I awake I can extend a PM... lovin' my new system!

Overnight? I've never done those since university...work and all.
G'Night!

Nov 11, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #2,211 of 2,804

Au contraire. A moment like this deserves
wink.gif
a woman's touch - Iroshizuku Murasaki Shikibu, named after Lady Murasaki Shikibu.

That's one of the Iroshizukus that I haven't seen in person, which is odd as my collection is largely comprised of purples. Hard to tell on-screen, but if it's more of a Noodler's Socrates, I'm on board… If it's starting to lean toward La Reine Mauve, not so much. May have to grab a sample next time I'm ordering from Goulet…

Nov 11, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #2,212 of 2,804

Au contraire. A moment like this deserves
wink.gif
a woman's touch - Iroshizuku Murasaki Shikibu, named after Lady Murasaki Shikibu.

That's one of the Iroshizukus that I haven't seen in person, which is odd as my collection is largely comprised of purples. Hard to tell on-screen, but if it's more of a Noodler's Socrates, I'm on board… If it's starting to lean toward La Reine Mauve, not so much. May have to grab a sample next time I'm ordering from Goulet…

PN69221-2.jpg

Not traditional Purple, it has a bit of Blue mixed in. The ink gets its looks from the Japanese Beautyberry plant. My favorite Iroshozuku selection!

Nov 11, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #2,213 of 2,804

Not traditional Purple, it has a bit of Blue mixed in. The ink gets its looks from the Japanese Beautyberry plant. My favorite Iroshozuku selection!

Yeah, I've seen the swatches on-screen before, I've just learned not to trust them with certain shades… But Iroshizuku has never let me down, and as much as I don't need another purple in my stash… Well, I kind of do, right? :wink:

(Purples and purplishes that are within my eyesight include NOS Skrip Burgundy, Herbin Poussière de Lune, R&K Scabiosa, R&K Alt-Bordeaux, Noodler's BSiAR, Noodler's Socrates, Noodler's La Reine Mauve, Iroshizuku Yama-Budo… what's one more, eh?)

Nov 11, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #2,215 of 2,804
The Pelikan 4001 Violet isn't bad, its on the reddish side. It doesn't shade too much (4001 inks tend to be dry).

But I have to agree. The Murasaki Shikibu is a nice color.

Diamine has a few purples, I haven't tried them though.

Nov 12, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #2,220 of 2,804
eek.gif

I've been very fortunate to date. Though, it's just a matter of time before my first mishap, knock on wood Iroshizuku bottled ink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back