PC to Mac: My Not-So-Genius Switch
Apr 17, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #421 of 637
I've to agree with Kirosia on this one. If only people knew how take care of their own computer, no one would say "Macs are better because there are less viruses" blablabla. It's only a matter of the individual taking care of their computer, unless someone's incapable of differentiating what to click and what not to click.

Again, with the right programs, Windows would have the better security compared to MAC OSX since well, according to Rob T, "...and yet I don't have ANY anti-virus program on my Mac, and haven't had a single issue."
Since when is less protection (or no protection at all according to Rob T) better anyway?

I'd love for you to meet my uni's CSE team. Bunch of lovely people who love to fool around with people's computers. Would love you to hear them tell you how much easier it is for MAC OSX to be fooled around with compared to Windows and of course, Linux.
biggrin.gif
There are people in this world who create Trojans, adware, spyware and etc for fun, and they'll tell you that MAC OSX isn't a challenge.
biggrin.gif
Maybe that's why MAC OSX ends up getting screwed first in hacking competitions. But doesn't matter, these same people can't be bothered making viruses for MAC OSX anyway since it's too easy for them to do so. Where's the fun?

Being less prone to viruses != Better at preventing viruses.

Again, I'm not saying MAC OSX security sucks, I'm saying that Windows' security is tough since it's more of a challenge to screw around with
biggrin.gif
But of course, it all depends on the individual who hopefully has a decent brain and know what and what not to click.

Apr 17, 2009 at 10:40 PM Post #422 of 637
I will say this out of all the computers that I have owned my MacBook Pro has been fun
and trouble free both hardware and software and it will be replaced at some point with
a newer MBP as for what I use the Dell for when it gets replaced may look into a netbook.

Apr 18, 2009 at 2:19 AM Post #423 of 637
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why the attitude, I'm just being logical. Bad guys tend to prefer bigger targets to maximize gain/damage.

I'd think being the first to unleash the mac worm would be a pretty big ego trip.

Apr 18, 2009 at 2:32 AM Post #424 of 637
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd think being the first to unleash the mac worm would be a pretty big ego trip.

I really don't know. Maybe among the bad guy hacker community, doing such a thing wouldn't be considered that big a deal?

Apr 18, 2009 at 3:00 AM Post #426 of 637
I could be the first guy to crap out a flaming turkey, but I won't necessarily get props for it. (okay, probably) Who knows why people don't do the things they don't do.

Apr 18, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #427 of 637
It's a subculture I'm fairly familiar with. They don't do things because they can't. They do things because they can, and because it gets them attention.

Apr 18, 2009 at 3:42 AM Post #428 of 637
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've to agree with Kirosia on this one. If only people knew how take care of their own computer, no one would say "Macs are better because there are less viruses" blablabla. It's only a matter of the individual taking care of their computer, unless someone's incapable of differentiating what to click and what not to click.

Again, with the right programs, Windows would have the better security compared to MAC OSX since well, according to Rob T, "...and yet I don't have ANY anti-virus program on my Mac, and haven't had a single issue."
Since when is less protection (or no protection at all according to Rob T) better anyway?

I'd love for you to meet my uni's CSE team. Bunch of lovely people who love to fool around with people's computers. Would love you to hear them tell you how much easier it is for MAC OSX to be fooled around with compared to Windows and of course, Linux.
biggrin.gif
There are people in this world who create Trojans, adware, spyware and etc for fun, and they'll tell you that MAC OSX isn't a challenge.
biggrin.gif
Maybe that's why MAC OSX ends up getting screwed first in hacking competitions. But doesn't matter, these same people can't be bothered making viruses for MAC OSX anyway since it's too easy for them to do so. Where's the fun?

Being less prone to viruses != Better at preventing viruses.

Again, I'm not saying MAC OSX security sucks,[size=small] I'm saying that Windows' security is tough since it's more of a challenge to screw around with
biggrin.gif
[/size]
But of course, it all depends on the individual who hopefully has a decent brain and know what and what not to click.

I really don't understand what is so hard to comprehend here. You simply don't have to worry about any of that crap with the Mac.

Apr 18, 2009 at 3:49 AM Post #430 of 637
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob T /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really don't understand what is so hard to comprehend here. You simply don't have to worry about any of that crap with the Mac.

Don't have to worry YET, you mean.
biggrin.gif
On another note I feel like getting a White Macbook for its Firewire and optical jack.

Apr 18, 2009 at 11:52 AM Post #433 of 637
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So what are you two arguing about?

Fiery poultry and it's effects on computer operating systems

Quote:

All the flaming! *shakes head*

Aren't you the one who shows up in every mac/pc thread and flamebaits?

Apr 18, 2009 at 12:07 PM Post #434 of 637
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aren't you the one who shows up in every mac/pc thread and flamebaits?

Maybe.
popcorn.gif

But the main problem is those who start the flaming!

Apr 18, 2009 at 12:28 PM Post #435 of 637
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe.
popcorn.gif

But the main problem is those who start the flaming!

But you often start/greatly assist said flaming?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back