PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Jan 29, 2013 at 3:36 AM Post #618 of 9,120
Started playing Sleeping Dogs. It's a pretty good looking game, but kind of hard to run. I am maxing it out, but with AA off, and framerate can drop into the lower 20's.

AA just decimates framerate, so I'm just using supersampling. Each AA notch I raise it, framerate drops by like 15FPS.

As far as gameplay goes... The cars have a really weird feel. Like, any maneuvers they make feels more like they're pivoting from their center, rather than a more realistic turn.

I am digging the hell out of the combat, though.

Jan 29, 2013 at 6:30 AM Post #619 of 9,120
Jan 29, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #621 of 9,120
Quote:
Started playing Sleeping Dogs. It's a pretty good looking game, but kind of hard to run. I am maxing it out, but with AA off, and framerate can drop into the lower 20's.

AA just decimates framerate, so I'm just using supersampling. Each AA notch I raise it, framerate drops by like 15FPS.

As far as gameplay goes... The cars have a really weird feel. Like, any maneuvers they make feels more like they're pivoting from their center, rather than a more realistic turn.

I am digging the hell out of the combat, though.

I love the way the cars drive. Handbrake turns at every junction. I think to run it at a smooth 30FPS minimum I have everything except AA maxed, AA is at high instead of extreme.

Jan 29, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #622 of 9,120
If only they made a wireless, free-scroll version of the CM Storm Spawn. My current cheapo is dying so bad, but cables do not work well with my limited deskspace.

Jan 29, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #624 of 9,120
Dell refurb(Dell warranty service is amazing though)
LG(if there's another model)
BenQ, AOC, Viewsonic, Asus, Samsung, HP

At this price range everyone uses the same LG based panel anyhow(except Samsung who use their semi-proprietary PLS/IPS panel). Just pick the one with the best warrenty, looks and a sturdy stand.

Haha, thanks :) Dells are still too rich for my blood, but it looks like there's another LG model with a better looking stand that can go up and down on sale for $180.
[rule]
Is $200 used a good price for a 660ti?

Jan 29, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #625 of 9,120
Just for giggles, I put SWTOR on again. It can be a pretty nice looking game, for an MMO.

Kind of drives me nuts how limited the F2P account is. There are a lot of little things just stack and stack and stack that annoy me to no end. I get that they want people to buy subscriptions, and buy cartel coins, but as it is now it feel less like they're pushing you to buy stuff, and more like they don't want you to play it at all.

Not sure if I'm going to invest a lot of time into it...

Jan 29, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #627 of 9,120
Got a Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate.

OMG. I need to buy from Best Buy more. I just realized that they ACTUALLY don't care. And will price match whatever the hell it is you want.

I showed them the new ad from Amazon where some dude was selling it for $115 and BAM. Add in my gift cards and bam. Got it for $47

Yes, this is the 2013 model.

I know these things have QC problems. But I don't care. Why? I bought it from Best Buy. 30 day return policy with a policy on you can return it however the F it was. They don't check.

Jan 29, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #628 of 9,120
Quote:
Got a Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate.

OMG. I need to buy from Best Buy more. I just realized that they ACTUALLY don't care. And will price match whatever the hell it is you want.

I showed them the new ad from Amazon where some dude was selling it for $115 and BAM. Add in my gift cards and bam. Got it for $47

Yes, this is the 2013 model.

I know these things have QC problems. But I don't care. Why? I bought it from Best Buy. 30 day return policy with a policy on you can return it however the F it was. They don't check.

Good luck with it though.  Hope you have better luck with Razer than I have.  After some less than satisfactory experience with Razer products over the years, I will avoid them at all pricepoints now.  I currently use a DASkeyboard with cherry mx blues switches and a four year old Logitech G9 mouse for input devices. 

Jan 29, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #629 of 9,120
Quote:

Good luck with it though.  Hope you have better luck with Razer than I have.  After some less than satisfactory experience with Razer products over the years, I will avoid them at all pricepoints now.  I currently use a DASkeyboard with cherry mx blues switches and a four year old Logitech G9 mouse for input devices. 

The Razer is working well right now :)

Just a bit different as the Macro keys make it so that I type too far to the left. So my hands slide to the left a bit more sadly 
triportsad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back