PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Dec 19, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #211 of 9,120
Started playing Red Faction Armageddon, and I gotta say, this game has some incredible sound design. Like, seriously, some of the best I've ever heard in a game. One of the most impressive things about it is the ambient sounds, and how they aren't static. As you turn to look around, the sound actually pans to keep it's place in the environment. Most games that have ambient sound just keep it in one channel, so even if you're turning, it stays in the left or right ear. (I'm looking at you, Skyrim!)

Also, the sound of buildings and stuff falling is just awesome, and being able to hear the rubble scrape together as you walk over it is a nice touch. There's also a lot of variety in the sounds, so when you hear a building being crunched, it doesn't sound the same for every one.

Really, really neat. :D

Oh, also, I just remembered: As your gun gets lower and lower on ammo, it makes a different noise when firing.
Ooooh, sounds great! I need to make space for it, though. :frowning2:

Dec 19, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #213 of 9,120
Assassin's Creed 3: 8/10 (PC Gameply mechanics and performance is bad)
COD BO2: 8/10
Dishonoured: 9/10 (too short and could have had better use of things)
Far Cry 3: 8.5/10 (nothing really much left after you beat SP)

I have many other games to demo.
How do you rate Saints Row 3?

Dec 19, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #215 of 9,120
Dec 19, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #216 of 9,120
Man, I loved Saints Row 3. Probably my favorite (non-RPG) open-world game. It's so silly, so much fun, and the character and vehicle customization is great. I think probably a third of my time spent playing that game was customizing my character and cars.
biggrin.gif

Dec 19, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #217 of 9,120
Man, I loved Saints Row 3. Probably my favorite (non-RPG) open-world game. It's so silly, so much fun, and the character and vehicle customization is great. I think probably a third of my time spent playing that game was customizing my character and cars. :D
I need to get off that game, you should see my cars!

Dec 19, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #218 of 9,120
One thing I got into the habit of doing is changing the colors of my character to match my car.

If I got bored of that color of the car, I'd change it, and my character, too.

Dec 19, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #219 of 9,120
One thing I got into the habit of doing is changing the colors of my character to match my car.

If I got bored of that color of the car, I'd change it, and my character, too.

Nice! Have you done the body mods to the street sweeper yet? :rolleyes:

Dec 19, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #220 of 9,120
Why would I use the street sweeper when I have awersome cars like the Phoenix?
tongue.gif

Dec 20, 2012 at 8:50 AM Post #221 of 9,120
Why would I use the street sweeper when I have awersome cars like the Phoenix? :p
Just try the look mods, it's well worth your time! :wink:

Dec 22, 2012 at 2:46 AM Post #222 of 9,120
I got Far Cry 3, and I really want to like this game, but I'm just not quite there. I find myself getting incredibly annoyed by the fact that I run out of ammo half way to my destination. At least in the beginning of the game, ammo is so scarce, and it doesn't help that it takes so many shots to kill anything.

Dec 22, 2012 at 4:52 AM Post #223 of 9,120
Just started SWTOR. Feels a lot more like single player to me. Not much interaction between players are needed. I'd rate a 8/10 based on my current experience.

So what keyboard is everyone using ? My Ducky Shine II with MX Browns just got here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back