PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Mar 30, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #7,951 of 9,120

I've had a Corsair H100 running daily for three years ... no problems.  Personally, I'll never go back to the Apartment Building Sized(tm) air coolers ...

Yeah the guys in the shop says they barely get any customer returning AIO liquid coolers as these are generally reliable, and that I just happen to score a bad unit.

Mar 30, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #7,952 of 9,120
I had to RMA my Kraken x40 a while ago as the pump kept grinding, but my X41 has no issues yet, and is so much nicer looking and easier to work around than air cooling

Apr 2, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #7,953 of 9,120

I've had a Corsair H100 running daily for three years ... no problems.  Personally, I'll never go back to the Apartment Building Sized(tm) air coolers ...

Yeah the guys in the shop says they barely get any customer returning AIO liquid coolers as these are generally reliable, and that I just happen to score a bad unit.

Have a H100i running for about two years with dual SP120s (pwm version). No problems whatsover and still rather silent.

Apr 2, 2015 at 7:49 PM Post #7,954 of 9,120
Speaking of AIOs, do you guys know any water coolers with a nice LED light on the cooler? I have a build in mind and I remember seeing a cooler with just a simple LED shape/pattern (instead of the company's logo), but I can't find any coolers that fit the bill (or where I remember seeing it from). Extra points for an RGB LED. :D

Apr 3, 2015 at 4:39 AM Post #7,955 of 9,120
The latest update from CS:GO seems to have broken my game. I did all the normal troubleshooting - verifying game cache, reinstalled it twice :frowning2:. Where would the best place be to post and get help? Idk which sites have the best support for that kind of thing.

Apr 6, 2015 at 4:06 AM Post #7,956 of 9,120
The latest update from CS:GO seems to have broken my game

Oh please, that's nonsense.  The game was broken to start with.  

I got a seven day ban for DCing and not being able to reconnect in time.  That ban expired something like 5 hours ago and now, after no more than 4 matches, my internet decides to go out for 8 minutes.  It comes back up after 8 minutes but NO that's not fast enough to reconnect and I'm greeted with another 7 day ban after less than an hour in game.  

How have they not bothered creating a better solution to their stupid cooldown system?  You go on steam forums and you see nothing but people moaning about how broken it is.  I wouldn't be nearly as mad if I got 7 days for getting kicked after blasting gansta rap through my mic, or for TKing... but 7 days for having my ISP go down for 8 minutes at 1:00 in the morning absolutely merits another 7 day ban.  

/rant.  I WAS ACTUALLY HAVING FUN, TOO

Apr 6, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #7,957 of 9,120
Steam can't control your ISP, idk how you could expect them to fix that because the cooldown period is great in my eyes.

Also, reinstalling/refreshing steam fixed the game for me just last night. Csgo is still amazing to me, though your situation sounds like utter Schiit.

Apr 13, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #7,958 of 9,120
Hey guys, I'm needing some of your wisdom and knowledge right now. Like, ASAP right now.

So just now my PC started acting up. Tried to download some free music off Bandcamp and tried to put it in my secondary drive (which contains all of my music, files, games, and other stuff), when I found that it's completely disappeared. Now DropBox and OneDrive are acting up, the PC doesn't boot up as fast as it used to, and a slew of other problems. 

Looking up on some older similar problems I tried changing out the power cable for my secondary drive, to no avail. Changed power settings in Advanced Power Management also to no avail. I really need your help, guys. Lend me some of your wisdom, please.

Apr 13, 2015 at 12:20 PM Post #7,959 of 9,120
  Hey guys, I'm needing some of your wisdom and knowledge right now. Like, ASAP right now.

So just now my PC started acting up. Tried to download some free music off Bandcamp and tried to put it in my secondary drive (which contains all of my music, files, games, and other stuff), when I found that it's completely disappeared. Now DropBox and OneDrive are acting up, the PC doesn't boot up as fast as it used to, and a slew of other problems. 

Looking up on some older similar problems I tried changing out the power cable for my secondary drive, to no avail. Changed power settings in Advanced Power Management also to no avail. I really need your help, guys. Lend me some of your wisdom, please.

Have you tried plugging it into another PC to see if you can access it? If another PC isn't handy, try some random linux live CD.

Tried a new SATA cable and port?

Hard drives die, that's life.

edit: also see if you can run a check disk on it.

Apr 14, 2015 at 9:20 AM Post #7,960 of 9,120

Have you tried plugging it into another PC to see if you can access it? If another PC isn't handy, try some random linux live CD.

Tried a new SATA cable and port?

Hard drives die, that's life.

edit: also see if you can run a check disk on it.

Haven't tried using a different PC yet, but will try that if I have the time. 

Tried a new SATA cable and port, I plugged it into a SATA3_0 port but it's slow as bloody hell. It also doesn't boot up properly half the time -- locking up after the "Strating Windows" animation finishes. 

Not really sure if the drive itself is dead, since earlier the PC was able to read and access the files in there. I highly doubt this Seagate SSHD would just die out after just a year, as well. I'm willing to bet it's the actual SATA port or motherboard that's acting up -- being 4-year-old hardware, I guess it's more likely to fail at this point. 

Probably gonna try out the SATA 2 ports, maybe those will work.

Apr 14, 2015 at 10:45 PM Post #7,961 of 9,120
  Not really sure if the drive itself is dead, since earlier the PC was able to read and access the files in there. I highly doubt this Seagate SSHD would just die out after just a year, as well. I'm willing to bet it's the actual SATA port or motherboard that's acting up -- being 4-year-old hardware, I guess it's more likely to fail at this point. 

My money is still on the SSHD dying, hard drives are consumables and quite unreliable even with light use.

I do hope it's just a simple SATA port issue though. 
tongue.gif

Apr 14, 2015 at 11:36 PM Post #7,962 of 9,120
What deadly said, I'd back that drive up ASAP, also, contemplating a GTX 970 cause my 760 doesn't have enough VRAM to run GTA V with higher rez textures, but I may wait until cards start having 6 gigs of VRAM and such because I'm still thinking about getting the oculus rift, and that rez is high and its 3D.

EDIT: I've had two issues with GTA V since launch, but both are fixed, one was I had to remove my GameCube adapter to get the game to boot, and the other was either restarting my PC, uninstalling old crap, or removing my webcam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back