PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Mar 25, 2015 at 5:28 PM Post #7,921 of 9,120
While taking about PSUs, I have a CX430 in my rig.
tongue.gif
I know @bowei006 really doesn't like them but at least it didn't explode! I should probably go with some Seasonic deals and get a different PSU. While tapping the PSU it sounds really unassuring with its cheap-ish "dink, dink" sound.

EDIT: My rig barely used power. (FX-6300 and GTX 750)

The question is which CX430 do you have?

The new ones use another OEM. The old ones were rebranded SeaSonics and were amazing. New ones are awful.

Mar 25, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #7,922 of 9,120
  The question is which CX430 do you have?

The new ones use another OEM. The old ones were rebranded SeaSonics and were amazing. New ones are awful.

Noting that 'old' meaning REALLY long time ago. 

They've been using the crap CXs for a while now. 

I don't use CX in any $600+ build as you can fit some decent hardware in that range.

Not to mention there is no excuse. 500W XFX Pro Seasonic based PSUs go on sale for $19 often. I've already bought two of them for different builds

Mar 25, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #7,924 of 9,120
Noting that 'old' meaning REALLY long time ago. 

They've been using the crap CXs for a while now. 

I don't use CX in any $600+ build as you can fit some decent hardware in that range.

Not to mention there is no excuse. 500W XFX Pro Seasonic based PSUs go on sale for $19 often. I've already bought two of them for different builds

Thanks for the heads up. I really am under a rock when it comes to PSUs.

Mar 25, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #7,925 of 9,120
I have the new one.
frown.gif

There is no such thing as a new ONE if you bought it in the last two years-3 years.

It's best to call it...that 'one' with the Seasonic parts from long ago and the version out there. As New one makes it sound like a 'new' one came out and will make people 'check'.

There is no checking really. 

Mar 25, 2015 at 6:24 PM Post #7,926 of 9,120
  There is no such thing as a new ONE if you bought it in the last two years-3 years.

It's best to call it...that 'one' with the Seasonic parts from long ago and the version out there. As New one makes it sound like a 'new' one came out and will make people 'check'.

There is no checking really. 

Alright, we'll denote it as "The Big One" then.

Mar 25, 2015 at 7:14 PM Post #7,929 of 9,120
  You would think you wouldn't need a name for such a thing but you do.

I see way too many people with $800+ rigs using CX power supplies and I want to facepalm. 

A rig in that price range with a CX PSU is acceptable in Europe imo, especially since $800 gets you significantly less here. Those XFX PSU deal aren't a thing sadly. That said, you can find a much better BeQuiet, Antec, Silverstone or Coolermaster PSU in the same price range.

Mar 25, 2015 at 7:57 PM Post #7,930 of 9,120
  A rig in that price range with a CX PSU is acceptable in Europe imo, especially since $800 gets you significantly less here. Those XFX PSU deal aren't a thing sadly. That said, you can find a much better BeQuiet, Antec, Silverstone or Coolermaster PSU in the same price range.

Wait, so it's acceptable, but it really isn't? Make up your mind, Tang. 
tongue.gif

Mar 25, 2015 at 7:59 PM Post #7,931 of 9,120

My metric was $800 USD so of course I am going to go off of what the purchasing power gets here 
popcorn.gif

$800 here can get you an i5 4590 + B or even an on sale Z97 motherboard + 8GB RAM + R9 280X or 290 + AIO Liquid or a BeQuiet/your choice rig 

and some nice stuff throughout

Mar 27, 2015 at 1:32 AM Post #7,934 of 9,120
I get an weird act from my laptop.

if i do not enable pagefile my internet browser will close from too many chorme pages opened at once, while i have 4gb of RAM. the ram is not even close to being filled.

anyne has any ideea what is happening?

i have a dell i5, some amd gpu, 4gb ram, windows. Lately i only used it for work, but i still get this thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back