PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Jan 26, 2016 at 12:27 AM Post #8,672 of 9,120

Two Monitors is something else actually:))

Though, I think that the minimum number of displays to use when multi display-ing for gaming, should be like 3, or 5, anyways not an even number, because the center would be stuck between 2 monitors. 

Personally, I would try gaming on a very large TV at a distance, but for a while I have been sticking with laptops, and I think I will for a while more, or at least while I will still move once a week between my hometown and my work-and-university-town. 

Or you could do something like this.

http://i.imgur.com/Yz7KU85.jpg

And just use the 30" for gaming and the rest for teamspeak/skype/browser/etc.

At least that was what I used to do...until I got a 49" 4K TV....

Why are you returning your Rat Pro X if you are satisfied with it?

Jan 26, 2016 at 4:11 AM Post #8,673 of 9,120

Or you could do something like this.

http://i.imgur.com/Yz7KU85.jpg

And just use the 30" for gaming and the rest for teamspeak/skype/browser/etc.

At least that was what I used to do...until I got a 49" 4K TV....

Why are you returning your Rat Pro X if you are satisfied with it?

I have not decided yet if to return or not. it iis expensive. Though, amazing. Feels so much more premium than any other mouse I had ever laid my hands on. 

That setup looks awesome, but it would be best if you could use all monitors for gaming, like using 3 monitors, and having surrounding images too. 

Jan 26, 2016 at 4:17 AM Post #8,674 of 9,120
I have not decided yet if to return or not. it iis expensive. Though, amazing. Feels so much more premium than any other mouse I had ever laid my hands on. 

That setup looks awesome, but it would be best if you could use all monitors for gaming, like using 3 monitors, and having surrounding images too. 

What was your previous mouse?

When I bought my RAT MMO I had the same thinking but kept it because of the superior button positioning.

Well I set it up that way intentionally since the bezel problem it's really disturbing at best. Hence the reason I bought the 4K TV.

Jan 26, 2016 at 6:37 AM Post #8,675 of 9,120

Two Monitors is something else actually:))

Though, I think that the minimum number of displays to use when multi display-ing for gaming, should be like 3, or 5, anyways not an even number, because the center would be stuck between 2 monitors. 

Personally, I would try gaming on a very large TV at a distance, but for a while I have been sticking with laptops, and I think I will for a while more, or at least while I will still move once a week between my hometown and my work-and-university-town. 

I don't game on two monitors ... just bought an extra for disaster recovery purposes and to multi task on the desktop ... love the dual 1440p screen real estate ...

Jan 26, 2016 at 7:32 AM Post #8,676 of 9,120
What do you guys think is a fair sale piece for this? I had enough extra parts to put together another desktop to sell so I can fund laptop purchase.

Specs:
AMD Phenomenon II X4 @3GHz
8GB DDR3
Asus M4A78T-E mono
550W PSU
AMD 7870 GHz 2GB (equiv to R9 270X)
500GB HDD
Any Windows install

I was thinking $399?

Jan 26, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #8,677 of 9,120
What do you guys think is a fair sale piece for this? I had enough extra parts to put together another desktop to sell so I can fund laptop purchase.

Specs:
8GB DDR3
Asus M4A78T-E mono
550W PSU
500GB HDD
Any Windows install

I was thinking $399?

New or second hand?

It would depend much on the condition of the parts. 

Look how much a new one with similar spec costs, and try to sell yours 20-38% cheaper for it to go fast.  (I have no idea when those parts where produced, but if they are recent, like less than 2 years, you could sell it for 90% of what a new one with the same config sells, if you do not have warranty or any papers for hardware.

I had to sell my past laptop, a dell 15R (i5 450m, Ati hd 5480, 500gb, hd, complete, with original charger, 4gb RAM) for 10% of it's new price last year. In USD, I sold it for 65$.

What was your previous mouse?

When I bought my RAT MMO I had the same thinking but kept it because of the superior button positioning.

Well I set it up that way intentionally since the bezel problem it's really disturbing at best. Hence the reason I bought the 4K TV.

My past mouse was rat 7. I was so and so with it. It was comfy, but heavy, and sensor was not the best. 

I wanted to test RAT MMO, but it was nowhere to be found in Romania. 

I am 80% decided to keep Pro X, but I am trying to explain to myself why I have such an expensive mouse, given that there should be comfy and nice ones cheaper. Like RAT Pro S

Jan 26, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #8,679 of 9,120

Specs:
8GB DDR3
Asus M4A78T-E mono
550W PSU
500GB HDD
Any Windows install

I was thinking $399?

The Phenom is quite an old CPU :/ and the GPU is slightly outdated although not too bad. I'd say about $349 would be much more attractive pricing, maybe even $319 but that might be too low. Like George said, it depends on the condition of parts. Also, what kind of case it's in, cooling, etc.

Jan 26, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #8,680 of 9,120
Yeah... Using RAT Pro X makes it harder and harder to return it. Especially while using it for pro photo editing. I have to create those images for work, and doing so with Pro X is just... so much easier, and comfortable. Not to mention that ceramic feet actually slides on my qck pad (I plan to get GLIDE3 soon, this thing is ugly and small) , and sensor works good this time. the only general downside that remains are price and the fact that this thing only has one freaking button that can be re-addressed (is useless for me) which is that sniper button. Rest of the buttons are useful, and good pointed. Okay, maybe except for the fact that my scroll strife is already right and left arrow, because most software does not know what to do with analog scroll strafe.

I am using it from time to time with the scroll pointing up, because it gives more accuracy when drawing. 

Jan 26, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #8,681 of 9,120

Specs:
8GB DDR3
Asus M4A78T-E mono
550W PSU
500GB HDD
Any Windows install

I was thinking $399?

400 USD seems fair, maybe 350 or 300 if you want it to sell real fast. Esp. If it comes 100% working. Partially outdated parts, but still able to hold its ground in some applications, would be a good little media rig.

Jan 26, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #8,682 of 9,120
  Yeah... Using RAT Pro X makes it harder and harder to return it. Especially while using it for pro photo editing. I have to create those images for work, and doing so with Pro X is just... so much easier, and comfortable. Not to mention that ceramic feet actually slides on my qck pad (I plan to get GLIDE3 soon, this thing is ugly and small) , and sensor works good this time. the only general downside that remains are price and the fact that this thing only has one freaking button that can be re-addressed (is useless for me) which is that sniper button. Rest of the buttons are useful, and good pointed. Okay, maybe except for the fact that my scroll strife is already right and left arrow, because most software does not know what to do with analog scroll strafe.

I am using it from time to time with the scroll pointing up, because it gives more accuracy when drawing. 

You might wanna look into teflon tape for long term usage as the feet wear out pretty quickly if you intend on keeping the mouse for a long period of time.

That's what I use for my MMO at least.

Jan 27, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #8,683 of 9,120
Ok, another topic of help. I've done some googling and found lots but would see what you guys have to say. Dell, MSI and ACER are choices right now

I'm looking at a sub $1000 Gaming Laptop with
  • Less than 6lbs
  • At least a GTX 950M but I kinda like the 960M options
  • Good keyboard and touchpad feel for usability
  • Decent upgradability options 
  • Fairly cool in temperature and noise

These aren't super strict.

I'm really digging the budget $799 Dell Inspiron 15 7559 but the keyboard and touchpad is known to be super squishy. I'm looking for the specs similar to that Dell but with better overall 'feel' to it. And I am willing to pay for it.

I'm looking at using it during school and also during my summer internship. It can't be a total brick to carry around, should have good usability, and powerful specs Really.

Jan 27, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #8,684 of 9,120
  Ok, another topic of help. I've done some googling and found lots but would see what you guys have to say. Dell, MSI and ACER are choices right now

• Less than 6lbs

I'm really digging the budget $799 Dell Inspiron 15 7559 but the keyboard and touchpad is known to be super squishy. I'm looking for the specs similar to that Dell but with better overall 'feel' to it. And I am willing to pay for it.

I'm looking at using it during school and also during my summer internship. It can't be a total brick to carry around, should have good usability, and powerful specs Really.

I already have Acer V17, you can fiind V15 if you want a 15" gaming laptop. 

My wife has an Asus laptop, and my brother has a lenovo. I had a Dell, and never tested a MSI laptop. 

Well... overall... I would buy Acer again, I would avoid DELL, and would want to test MSI, but they are overpriced for what they do. I would not buy Lenovo under any circumstances, except for their ultra high end ones. 

these would do:

Notebook / Laptop Lenovo Gaming 15.6'' Ideapad Y700, FHD IPS, Procesor Intel® Core™ i5-6300HQ (6M Cache, up to 3.20 GHz), 8GB, 1TB, GeForce 960M 4GB, FreeDos, Black

Notebook / Laptop ASUS Gaming 15.6'' ROG GL552VW, FHD, Procesor Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ (6M Cache, up to 3.50 GHz), 8GB DDR4, 1TB 7200RPM, GeForce GTX 960M 4GB, FreeDos

Notebook / Laptop ASUS Gaming 15.6'' ROG GL552JX, FHD, Procesor Intel® Core™ i7-4720HQ 2.6GHz Haswell, 8GB, 1TB + 128GB SSD, GeForce GTX 950M 4GB, Black

Notebook / Laptop Acer Gaming 15.6'' Aspire Nitro VN7-592G, FHD, Procesor Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ (6M Cache, up to 3.50 GHz), 8GB, 1TB, GeForce GTX 960M 4GB, Linux, Black

About these I could fiind at 1000$ or so, but the store I searched was based off in Romania. You should be able to get an ideea what is fair to get at 100$ price point. All of these cost the same./ 

My most sincere advice, do not ever buy low voltage cpu for gaming. It works well with programs and so, but might hinder gaming. 

Jan 27, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #8,685 of 9,120

• Less than 6lbs

XPS 15 is borderline I think. The unfortunate part is the fact that the less expensive models use a smaller battery because they use a small SSD (mSATA or M.2) and a large 2.5" HDD for storage. The 2.5" HDD takes a good chunk out of the battery. I think the least expensive model that is SSD only WITH a full size battery (I think there's a SSD one that still has a half size battery) is $1200-$1400 or something. If you can get a coupon then you could go that route. Otherwise, go with the FHD 960M model that has the smaller battery.

Inspiron laptops I'm never really sure about. I generally only go for Dell for high-end stuff, so XPS and Ultrasharp (minus Alienware for reasons we all know).

The Acer Aspire V15 Nitro 15" is always a good choice to look at. I don't remember the weight though.

Lenovo Y-series laptops are good. I think they're coming out with slim versions of the Y series laptops soon? I think it's the Y710S or something. I'd look at that and see if you want to wait.

I remember seeing on Newegg an ASUS laptop that was $700 with a 15" 1080p screen, fairly thin, and had a 950M in it (I think it was a K series or X series laptop).

Apparently Skylake Toshiba Satellites have NVIDIA GPUs in it this time around. I saw a few with 950M's. Go ahead and check those out (I'm personally wary of Toshiba).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back